Ideal Protein Diet - Phases

You're on Page 12 of 23
Go to
  • Quote: Hello all,
    I've just started looking into doing IP and the more I read the more interested I am. I'd prefer to do it on my one for monetary reason. So my question is can I just buy the packets and pills and then just start following the phase I plan? I saw some different websites listed but which would be the best for me to buy the packets? Any recomendations on which food packs I should get? Any help is appreciated!!!!!
    Gutter girl, check the AlternatIve thread in the stickies at the top of this forums page. I've been on alternatives the whole timeand have lost almost 50 pounds.
  • mama zu so the alternatives? They have breads etc on those, I am a little confused.
  • Quote: mama zu so the alternatives? They have breads etc on those, I am a little confused.
    The word "Alternatives" is used in 2 different ways.
    1. Phase 1 Alternative is for people with diabetes and adds some breads, etc.
    2. Ideal Protein using Alternatives. This is for those of us that don't go to a center but do the program on our own, using alternative products that aren't Ideal Protein brand but very similar in composition.
    Hope that this clears things up for you.
    Here's a link to number 2, which is what I do:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html
  • i think I read the Alternatives for phase 3 or something, anyways, got it, thanks. I think the protein mix I have from costco is good to when comparing them with what I have. I have muscle mix. Anyways, talk with you soon!
  • Alternatives
    So I'm unwilling to join the actual IP program but I want to try out this diet. So for those of you who didn't joint the program, can you recommend any store-bought replacements for the "Ideal Protein Envelope" and "Ideal Protein Food"? I have some co-workers who are on the diet and they replaced them with protein shakes? Is that an okay alternative? If so, can any of you recommend a brand and flavor?

Same question goes for the vitamins. Are there certain brands I should try?

Thank you!
  • Quote: So I'm unwilling to join the actual IP program but I want to try out this diet. So for those of you who didn't joint the program, can you recommend any store-bought replacements for the "Ideal Protein Envelope" and "Ideal Protein Food"? I have some co-workers who are on the diet and they replaced them with protein shakes? Is that an okay alternative? If so, can any of you recommend a brand and flavor?

Same question goes for the vitamins. Are there certain brands I should try?

Thank you!
    There are a TON of threads for alternatives... you might have to just search for them... I know alotta folks to the EAS shakes and Pure Protein Bars... And some order from Nausha. They are come pretty comparable products...
  • week one
    Week one I lost 9 pounds. I am so excited.
  • Checking my signature
  • Quote: Checking my signature
    seems to be working!
  • Returning to IP - have a few questions.
    I lost 30 pound a few years ago on IP and have gained back over half of that now. I'm returning to the IP program tomorrow. I still have about 15 packages to use and will go and purchase more tomorrow as I see new products have become available.

I'd like first to congratulate everyone on their successes be it large or small, keep positive, we are all here to make a difference in our lives.

I need to know exactly how Phase 1 works again. I think I started on 3 packets a day and was only allowed so many of certain things a day or a week. Could someone help me with that. I no longer have the paperwork that came with my original start-up kit.

Also, how many of the vitamins do I take daily? Are there any other things I should be doing daily, or avoiding. Is there a list of what you can have and what you can't. I have a pretty good idea but I'm not exactly sure if things like Olive Oil, can I have it or not? Yogurt, can I have that or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I loved many of the different foods so I'm excited about getting back on track. With a new Ideal Protein location closer to my home town, this should be much easier than my first attempt, which was pretty successful! ((thanks))) Trish
  • Quote: I lost 30 pound a few years ago on IP and have gained back over half of that now. I'm returning to the IP program tomorrow. I still have about 15 packages to use and will go and purchase more tomorrow as I see new products have become available.

I'd like first to congratulate everyone on their successes be it large or small, keep positive, we are all here to make a difference in our lives.

I need to know exactly how Phase 1 works again. I think I started on 3 packets a day and was only allowed so many of certain things a day or a week. Could someone help me with that. I no longer have the paperwork that came with my original start-up kit.

Also, how many of the vitamins do I take daily? Are there any other things I should be doing daily, or avoiding. Is there a list of what you can have and what you can't. I have a pretty good idea but I'm not exactly sure if things like Olive Oil, can I have it or not? Yogurt, can I have that or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I loved many of the different foods so I'm excited about getting back on track. With a new Ideal Protein location closer to my home town, this should be much easier than my first attempt, which was pretty successful! ((thanks))) Trish
    Check out the first page of this thread.
  • Phase I
    I am on Phase I of the IP, my concerns are:
    -- I feel like I am cheating when I have my night time snack-- do I have to eat the snack?
    --How do I know is a seasoning is ok to use?
    --This morning I did have two cups of coffee, two splendas with half and half- is this ok? I also had my herb omelet mix plus supps.

This is my first full week on the program...I weigh in on Monday!

Thanks so much!

• Hi and welcome!
    Yes, you need to have all of your packets, the snack is just as important as all your other meals!
    For seasonings make sure the follow the 0/0/0 rule.
    Coffee and splenda are fine but not the half and half. You are allowed 1 oz. of skim milk to use in your coffee.
    Check out the daily thread, it is the best place to ask any questions you may have, lots of people read it so your questions will get answered much faster that way!
  • i have been on IP for 56 weeks now and have lost about 57LBS. but i think i am going to check into the alternative products. my wife is on with me and now my daughter wants on as well. that would cost a a car note each month. lol, this info has been so great in two ways. Now the how and where to get everything i need is done. and two having all the phases is fantastic. thank you all!!!
  • edit
    i havr been on for 6 weeks.