3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - FAQ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184421-ideal-protein-diet-faq.html)

dunwitfat 03-06-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra (Post 3740472)
hey! I am new to IP. I wont actually start for another 2 weeks. I do have a question though. I hate mornings. Ever since I have gained this weight I can't seem to have the energy to get out of bed. It's not a depression thing, I am fine once I get up, but I just can't gain any energy to take those covers off and get out of bed. (Horrible, I know!) I see everyone talking about how IP gives them tons of energy. Has anyone had this problem before, being too lethargic to get out of bed? and did it get better on IP? (it doesn;t matter if I get 4 or 10 hours of sleep, it's the same every morning...I am assuming it's because of my high sugar and carb diet.)

My energy increased dramatically since losing 20 lbs. I have no trouble getting out of bed anymore, are you getting enough sleep? I'm finding some days I'm full of energy and raring to go....others I'm a bit lethargic. I guess the body just needs rest.

dunwitfat 03-06-2011 09:28 AM

Another Question

Anyone else extremely constipated? I started ColonAide - a 14 day cleansing program - good results so far. I'll be adding a regular dose of Metamusal (sp). My coach (who I dropped this week - she adds no value) keeps suggesting laxatives even though I tell her I can't take laxatives due to the extreme opposite effect....ugh. I'm switching to Lindora and EAS - close enough and much less expensive. Any opinions?

crazymomof5 03-06-2011 10:38 AM

I have had the same issues with the constipation try adding pro biotics . also try looking in to Nashua Nutrition very similar in product and alot cheaper

Pxlkitty4 03-06-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunwitfat (Post 3744640)
Anyone else extremely constipated? I started ColonAide - a 14 day cleansing program - good results so far. I'll be adding a regular dose of Metamusal (sp). My coach (who I dropped this week - she adds no value) keeps suggesting laxatives even though I tell her I can't take laxatives due to the extreme opposite effect....

Reposting from another thread...

Here you go my friend. Again this is from Carla she helped me alot. It was posted on March 3rd thread and think it is on page 3? Like Carla says on here you want to do this when you have some "Free time at home" if you know what I am saying....Do not do this if you need to go out any where for awhile...lol

Just some ideas.

Have you thought about doing a sea salt water flush? It will work for many people and very quickly.

Use 1 liter of water and between 2tsp and 1 tablespoon of sea salt (you can adjust this to your body response as some people may require a tsp or so more.)

Mix a solution of sea salt and room temperature water.

Drink the solution as quickly as you can. You may feel a bit full but keep drinking. If you take to long it will make your gag reflex activate. The high volume of salt and water will rapidly move through your system. It will not leave you with a high sodium impact for the day.

Once you take the solution, you will have to be on guard, a bowel movement WILL be shortly coming. Sometimes it is a fast 5 or even 15 minutes, but generally in 30-60 minutes between taking it and the first movement. The last movements will begin to wind down an hour or so after they begin. Typically you will have between 2 and 7 bowel movements and the effects of more free bowel movements may last 2 days.

Your stomach will rumble a bit and for awhile. Let it. You also should be careful to avoid passing "gas" that might not be. When you finally go, it will at first be a lot of the solution, water really. That is just the start.

Most people prefer to do this in the comfort of there home, in the evening or at a time when they will not have to leave for several hours.

thegrrrl 03-06-2011 11:59 AM

Bruising

Has anyone noticed odd bruising? I seem to be covered in weird little bruises, or in some case, bigger bruises and I have no idea of where I got them. My friend is on IP and she too was asking me the same thing. Anyone else experience this?

showgirlaz 03-06-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegrrrl (Post 3744900)
Has anyone noticed odd bruising? I seem to be covered in weird little bruises, or in some case, bigger bruises and I have no idea of where I got them. My friend is on IP and she too was asking me the same thing. Anyone else experience this?

This is common. It has many possible causes. In part, how long you have been on the diet is a factor as is how much weight you have lost. If you have lost a large amount of weight, this skin and vascular structure are still adapting and shrinking. The fat we lost had a vascular support structure that is more exposed now and more fragile so, if it takes any little trauma we bruise.

Additional possibilities are:

- if you don't eat enough of the "greens" and lettuce vitamin K might be reduced for a rare group of people.

-it could indicate your body is not creating enough collagen. that might be corrected by incorporating the jello and blueberry pom drink into your week more often or by adding a quality collagen supplement (Neocell hydrolyzed collagen 1 and 3 plus C is good).

-deficiencies in vitamin C, bioflavonoids, vitamin E, and zinc can lead to bruising more easily.

A vitamin C deficiency may be caused by several factors:

• eating too few fruits and vegetables (remember the problem sailors used to have centuries ago with scurvy outbreaks on long voyages? It was caused by a lack of vitamin C)
• taking drugs which destroys this vitamin
• long-time stress from illness, frustration or depression OR THIS DIET
• smoking (one cigarette can deplete the body of 25 mg of vitamin C)
• frequent emotional outbursts such as anger
• exposure to pollutants, allergens or heavy metals

A deficiency in hesperidin, one of the bioflavonoids (sometimes called vitamin P), naturally occurring nutrients usually found in association with vitamin C, has been linked with abnormal capillary weakness. These bioflavonoids, including hesperidin, Citrin, Rutin, Flavones, Flavonals, Calechin and Quercetin, were found to be essential in correcting the tendency toward bruising. Bioflavonoids, such as rutin and hesperidin, facilitate the functions of vitamin C. Vitamin C helps protect against bruising by strengthening capillary walls.

In general this diet is limited in vitamin C so, I would start there. Add in a quality vitamin C with BIOFLAVANOIDS ( I like to use on formulated with ester C as it typically has a somewhat better potency.)

Vitamin E works synergistically with vitamin C to repair tissues. Uniquely, too OR too much vitamin E can create bruising. Bruising from excess vitamin E occurs because this vitamin works to thin platelets.

Vitamin K is made in the intestines, but can be depleted by antibiotics, which kill the friendly bacteria that synthesize it. Supplementing your diet with leafy, green vegetables is a good way to add this vitamin to your system. You can also use vitamin K cream which will help fade and clear bruises and can help decrease post- surgical bruising when used approximately two weeks prior to surgery and after surgery. It helps the capillaries heal themselves by sealing the blood leakage. Vitamin K also supports the body's ability to reabsorb the blood in surrounding tissues, thereby helping fade the bruise and restoring the skin to normal color.

Taking probiotics helps the body with some of its natural production of vitamin K and supports the friendly bacteria in our digestive system

Zinc is helpful in maintaining healthy connective tissue, and a deficiency can lead to bruising. it can be boosted by taking 50-100 mg per day. Keep in mind zinc has its own positive and negatives. You won't want to take a dose of that level for more than a week or 10 days without medical supervision, as it may interfere with absorption of other important nutrients.

Lack of iron is also a possibility especially if you have a history of low iron. NONE of our supplements are iron enriched. I learned that is done because of some balancing chemistry of the diet. You can supplement it if you need to just remember to not take your iron when you take any supplements with calcium.

Excessive use of garlic, fish oil, aspirin or, ibuprofen will often lead to more thinned blood and easier bruising.

Having low B vitamins or folic acid can also contribute. This is not the most common reason on this diet as we do supplement and if you are getting plenty of greens/romaine it comes naturally. If you are prone to low B vitamin in your body, you might consider it.

To some extent not being well enough hydrated contributes to a lowered resistance to bruising.

There are other health matters that contribute too. For instance, people with thyroid issues may be more prone to bruising as will someone who has a lower platelet count from other related health issues.

As you can see there are many reasons we could bruise on this diet. They are all unique to you. You can try to look at your personal history, diet, and what other things you include in your lifestyle (medications, smoking, etc) to find your particular answer.

As a means to heal bruising, you could try a homeopathic remedy called arnica montana. Arnica can be used in gel form applied directly to the injured area before bruising or to the bruise. In both cases it helps heal so the bruising improves quickly. Arnica can also be taken orally. A small group of people find arnica gel can be a bit irritating to the skin so use a little to start and see your response.

I know that doesn't give you a solid answer but it might give you somethings to consider or explore.

wyoangel 03-06-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegrrrl (Post 3744900)

I experienced this at about week 6....it lasted for a few weeks then went away. I chalked it up (Thanks to Carla) to excess blood vessels since I was eating spinach and romaine daily. You seem to be at goal....how long did it take you to get there?? I am wondering if you should not have experienced the bruising sooner?? Hmmm.

mamarix1 03-06-2011 06:40 PM

just not hungry

What do you do if you're just not hungry? I've had 2 packets, a huge salad and 2 cups of veggies today, along with all my water. It's 5:30 and I can't imagine eating anything else tonight. Hopefully it won't slow down my losses, as I am doing boot camp this week again.

Mary

showgirlaz 03-06-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarix1 (Post 3745376)
What do you do if you're just not hungry? I've had 2 packets, a huge salad and 2 cups of veggies today, along with all my water. It's 5:30 and I can't imagine eating anything else tonight. Hopefully it won't slow down my losses, as I am doing boot camp this week again.

Mary

Space it out from here. You could have an IP drink, Something light, instead of a real protein for dinner. Then just nibble on some cut up veggies. You don't have to have the meat which will be even heavier if you aren't hungry but, you must get in some protein.

Try something different. When was the last time you had real eggs or egg whites? Maybe make 2 real eggs for dinner or an egg white omelette.

You could do just some veggies cut up into the omelette.

If you have spinach measure 2 cups raw, cook it down. It will be fast to eat and meet your requirements.

You don't have to have the salad. As a regular thing, YOU SHOULD.. you don't have to tonight. Lettuce is a free food you can have more, occasionally you can have less.

try to have a jello, a pudding, or coffee/tea with a vanilla rtd drink or thinned out pudding as an evening snack.

Take it a meal or bite at a time. Get in as much as you can, even if you have to space it out. Skipping meals and food is as bad for your insulin, sugar levels, metabolism as a cheat.

deve67 03-07-2011 04:21 PM

Can you count coffee or tea toward your daily water goal? I am having a really hard time getting all my water in.

showgirlaz 03-08-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deve67 (Post 3747003)
Can you count coffee or tea toward your daily water goal? I am having a really hard time getting all my water in.

Unfortunately, the coffee may not be counted toward water. It is a diuretic so, it opposes the idea of gaining hydration through drinking water.

YOU MAY count 1/2 of the herbal tea (decaffeinated) as part of your water in take.

I really enjoy apple cinnamon, orange, chamomile and, peppermint. The peppermint is very refreshing. Last summer I was making it with fresh mint and hot water, then as it cooled I added some stevia. It would keep for a day or two in the fridge, IF I let it! It was very refreshing and relaxing. And, that crisp flavor was a quite a change to incorporate with the water. It was also good sweetened with vanilla stevia.