Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #76  

Boy I'm glad to have found you all to talk to. sticking to the diet pretty close despite my co-worker bringing me a birthday cake. Turning that down wasn't too hard since it was store bought! I did have a sip of wine, and it made me nauseated. Now can I only eat meat and veggies at the tailgate party this weekend?
Thanks for the info on artifical sweeteners. I think I missed that info when I got started.
Does anyone know about how many calories is provided daily on this diet?
Thanks,
Lynn
Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #77  

Default "The Diet"

Really, alwe74, I have to agree with you. People act like being addicted to sugar and being overweight are healthier than this diet! I think we are only getting between 700 and 800 calories - which is why you have to do everything that is required for the diet. If you starting eating too much, you will not want to stop eating. The weigh-ins are really important to help motivate me and help me stay on track.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #78  

Also, alwe74, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss so far. You are an inspiration to me. I have always heard that healthy weight loss is only about 3 lbs. a week anyway.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:11 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnNowell View Post
Boy I'm glad to have found you all to talk to. sticking to the diet pretty close despite my co-worker bringing me a birthday cake. Turning that down wasn't too hard since it was store bought! I did have a sip of wine, and it made me nauseated. Now can I only eat meat and veggies at the tailgate party this weekend?
Thanks for the info on artifical sweeteners. I think I missed that info when I got started.
Does anyone know about how many calories is provided daily on this diet?
Thanks,
Lynn
Roughly 900-1000 calories

Last edited by GoddessTT; 09-17-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #80  

Default Website

Here is the website for Ideal Protein. trantiendiet.com. It has some good information.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
I just got done eating the vanilla pudding with 12 oz. of water and the Crystal Light Orange Sunrise packet. It was really good!

Well I just have to vent today. I am sooo tired of people being so negative about this diet. I started this diet almost 3 months ago and I have lost 40 lbs. I have consistently lost weight, I eat more fresh vegetables then I have in my entire life, and I have even started running 3 times a week. So I get really tired of people telling me "That diet is not safe"and "You'll gain all of the weight right back when you start to eat NORMAL". First of all, the diet is completely monitored and I have yet to have side effects (unless a healthier BMI and more energy are side effects). Secondly, if by NORMAL they mean the way I used to eat that got me over 200 lbs., then they are absolutely right, I won't go back to eating NORMAL.

I weighed in today and I was down another 2.5 lbs. 2-3 lbs. a week seems to be my pace. I'm OK with it though.
Keep it up!!! People who don't understand sometimes say stupid things. :-) You are doing what is best for you and that is all that matters!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Right now, I have only told 3-4 people I am on the diet. Tonight is a red hat function, and I chose to skip it. It was potluck...and I knew there probably wouldn't be much I could eat. I am only in my 2nd week, and I want to have the control (like at a restaurant).

Before I went on IP, I asked a number of people what their opinion was.....I got the usual answers, "You will gain the weight back" -"doesn't sound like a do-able diet for very long" - "Why can't you just do the same thing you did before to lose the weight" - "If you just gave up the sugar and exercised....". I finally followed my gut. For me, it isn't just about being thinner, it is about being healthier. Alwe74....you sure sound like you are healthier to me. I try to tell those that ask that it is a "treatment plan." That is how doc explained it to me......we are not going to be doing these packets lifelong...we are just trying to get our bodies healthier again. Treatment plan......yeah, I like it.

Gonna ask a "yucky" question here...but I need to know. I had to take a laxative last night cuz I only WENT 2 times last week. I am eating the veggies, lettuce and water.....did anyone else have this problem?

Can't wait to read Valkyrie's email tonight to see how she did.....
Old 09-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Right now, I have only told 3-4 people I am on the diet. Tonight is a red hat function, and I chose to skip it. It was potluck...and I knew there probably wouldn't be much I could eat. I am only in my 2nd week, and I want to have the control (like at a restaurant).

Before I went on IP, I asked a number of people what their opinion was.....I got the usual answers, "You will gain the weight back" -"doesn't sound like a do-able diet for very long" - "Why can't you just do the same thing you did before to lose the weight" - "If you just gave up the sugar and exercised....". I finally followed my gut. For me, it isn't just about being thinner, it is about being healthier. Alwe74....you sure sound like you are healthier to me. I try to tell those that ask that it is a "treatment plan." That is how doc explained it to me......we are not going to be doing these packets lifelong...we are just trying to get our bodies healthier again. Treatment plan......yeah, I like it.

Gonna ask a "yucky" question here...but I need to know. I had to take a laxative last night cuz I only WENT 2 times last week. I am eating the veggies, lettuce and water.....did anyone else have this problem?

Can't wait to read Valkyrie's email tonight to see how she did.....
I'm working in El Paso this week and will be flying back home tomorrow and am headed to my place as soon as I land so I'll be sure to post before I shut down tomorrow.
As far as you other 'issue'... it happened to me too. I was told Mag Citrate was all you could take... have you all heard something else? It's weird but it's not so much a problem anymore and I haven't done anything different.
And don't worry about what everyone else says... just do what you can do!
Hey, I was wondering.. I dont know anything about any of you guys... can we maybe do a little intro? I'm interested in getting to know all of you but have no idea 'who' you guys are!
I'm Tiffany, 37, engaged, live in Jackson, MS and am a RN working as a project manager for a computer software company.
Anybody else want to share?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #84  

Doc told me that I could use Colace (which is what I used all these years when I needed it). Sure didn't want to resort to a laxative last night, but was feeling really "poopy" -- lol!!

I will share.....I am a 62 yr old widow. My husband died in Iraq 1-1/2 years ago....so it has been very hard. I let my health and my weight (and many other things) go.....it was hard enough to get up every day. I am a retired police dispatcher (my husband was a retired fire chief)...I live in paradise....on a wild river (Rapid River) near beautiful Torch Lake MI. Torch Lake is considered the most beautiful lake in US by National Geographic magazine. (remember to remind me of paradise comment in January/February!!!).

Valkyrie....I was in your beautiful state of MS 3 months after hubby died. My dear friend lives in LA, and I went down to stay with her a month just to try to get my head together. She had to teach a class in Gulfport MS for a week...so I went along. I cried when I saw Gulfport yet was so impressed by the people there.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #85  

Valkyrie....you were wondering what Phase II entailed.....I just looked up the site that bamagirl suggested (trantiendiet.com)....and it has a very detailed explanation of all the phases. Phase II is not much different than phase I.

Thanks, bamagirl for that link. It certainly does have a lot of info on it.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #86  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm better today. I'll introduce myself. I'm Angie, 35, married, 1 son (just turned 2) and I live in Wyo.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #87  

Hi all, as an introduction, I'm turning 49 Sunday, and that plus some aches and pains have motivated me to get into better shape. I've been going to the gym and am just starting week 2 on IP diet. I live in ARkansas, I'm an RN, working in a community setting. ( One thing I do is encourage healthy habits in my paitents, but finding a way to motivate anyone to change is difficult- including myself)
Valkarie, I'd love to hear about your job. I went to school in Jackson, graduated from UMC Nursing program in 85.
I'm married with one child, a married daughter.
Thanks all for being here for support.
Lynn
Old 09-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #88  

Has anyone had difficulty losing the 2nd week? I get on my scale every morning and it hasn't moved since I weighed in on Tuesday?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Has anyone had difficulty losing the 2nd week? I get on my scale every morning and it hasn't moved since I weighed in on Tuesday?
Not healthy to look at the scale everyday! :-) I am starting week two tomorrow so I will let you know next Friday.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #90  

Hi everyone! I'm a 22 yr old medical assistant and I've been on the program for two weeks. I did have trouble the first few days of week two. Absolutely no change. Then this morning 1 1/2 # yay! There are six people in our office including my doctor, and we were all lost little to none this week. But our official weigh in is monday. Hope everyone does good this weekend! Good Luck!
Closed Thread