Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 PM   #16  

well first week done and down 6.2lbs. fastest i ever lost weight. this un diet really isn't that hard. i didn't have any of the "side-effects" that they warn you of. glad to see everyone is doing so well. hope the second week goes as good as the first. good luck everyone. keep up the good work I know we can do it!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3

I started on 8/4 and have lost 20 pounds. I can not believe how the weight melts off. Some of my favorite foods are the vanilla shakes (I bring them for breakfast at work), lemon pudding and the camel nut bar frozen. I am so happy that my doctor recommended this to me!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:21 PM   #18  

Default So far so good...

I lost 6.5 lbs at my weigh in last Thursday. The second week has been easier than the first. My faves are the mushroom soup, the wildberry yogurt drink, the chili and the bars. Hopefully this week is also good on the scale.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #19  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Height: 5'5"

well i've been on it since 7/11/09 and have lost 33lbs, it would be more but i did cheat the other day and that set me back. it was my first and last cheat.
I'm down 3 pant sizes its great.... i hate all the pudding but love the soups, chilli, and a few drinks, but the bars are the best. I'm getting use to eat more veggies and I enjoy trying different ways of cooking them.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #20  
mjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebS View Post
I started on 8/4 and have lost 20 pounds. I can not believe how the weight melts off. Some of my favorite foods are the vanilla shakes (I bring them for breakfast at work), lemon pudding and the camel nut bar frozen. I am so happy that my doctor recommended this to me!
i'll have to try the frozen nut bars that sounds good!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #21  

Today I have been on the plan for four weeks. I have a total loss of 24 pounds. I am finding it harder to stay on the plan. I dont know why I want to stray. I have not, but there are days that I want to. Does anyone exercise at all? I have not done any as of yet but I am thinking of walking.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Default So glad to have found you all

I have an appt with my dr. on 9/8 for a consultation. I have been told that if I do not meet the 10 points for criteria, doc may not want me on this diet. Apparently, she wants 100% commitment...and not to waste her time or my money.

Any idea what the 10 points are??

How many "packages" did you all buy the first time (trying to figure out my budget?)

I am very nervous...I remember how lousy I feel when I first do induction on Atkins (headaches, mostly). Did anyone experience any side effects? I am recently widowed and have put on weight...just BECAUSE I don't take the time to cook for myself, nor have the energy to figure out meals. I live alone now, so that is why I thought this diet might be good for me. I know my dr. researched for quite awhile...because they have been talking about it at least 8 months. I do trust her completely....and I like that I am monitored.

denise

denise
Old 09-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys.. just found this thread and joined.
I love ideal protein.. I've been on it since the end of Feb and have lost 95 lbs. It's not what I call easy but it's worth it! I'll be glad to help any way I can cause Lord knows I've done been there done that! I'm 20 lbs from my goal.... and I tried on a size 12 blue jeans last night and they actually buttoned! Yea, I bought 'em Y'all hang in there!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #24  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Wow. I haven't checked back on this post in a long time. For a while noone knew what Ideal Protein was. I'm so glad to see so many people doing this. I've been on the plan 2 1/2 months and I've lost 34 lbs. My favorite foods are the chili, orange pancakes, and the sea salt/vinegar ridges. I love veggies so this has been easy for me. The hard part has been having the Walden Farms dressings on my salad. I'm not a fan of store bought dressings and I haven't found a flavor of Walden Farms that I like.

Valkyrie...You are doing awesome!!!

Deb S., I have been doing moderate exercise. I have found that the more weight I lose, the more energy I have to do exercise. I would start out slow though.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #25  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel78 View Post
has anyone done this diet while pregnant? is it safe? my husband and i are trying to conceive and are going to be having artificial insemination. we've been trying for 3 yrs the old fashioned way with no success. anyway, i was just wandering if it was safe to do durning pregnancy. it was recommended to me by a chiropractor who has a wellness center. he seemed to think it would be safe.
I don't know if this would be safe during pregnancy. It is VERY low calorie and you need quite a few calories when pregnant. I would talk to your physician about it before getting pregnant.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Maybe we can actually get a support group going here..especially us newbies, from those of you who have been on it for awhile. I did go to idealtogo.com and saw there was a forum there, but to get a password, you must contact the Ideal Protein people. I assume they will ask you who is monitoring your diet....so I won't know for sure until 9/8.

Right now, you are ALL an inspiration for me because I have been worried about the "taste" of the food, not particuarly liking veggies, don't like bottled salad dressings,etc.

If some of you could answer my questions above....I am SURE I will be looking for ways to eat my veggies without butter,too!!

Valkyrie00...you ARE awesome. You could really help all of us here.....
Old 09-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #27  

Is anyone interested in setting up a monthly support thread?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #28  
mjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
I have an appt with my dr. on 9/8 for a consultation. I have been told that if I do not meet the 10 points for criteria, doc may not want me on this diet. Apparently, she wants 100% commitment...and not to waste her time or my money.

How many "packages" did you all buy the first time (trying to figure out my budget?)

I am very nervous...I remember how lousy I feel when I first do induction on Atkins (headaches, mostly). Did anyone experience any side effects? I am recently widowed and have put on weight...just BECAUSE I don't take the time to cook for myself, nor have the energy to figure out meals. I live alone now, so that is why I thought this diet might be good for me. I know my dr. researched for quite awhile...because they have been talking about it at least 8 months. I do trust her completely....and I like that I am monitored.

denise

denise
I buy 3 boxes a week each box has 7 packets. it about 84.00 if you get stuff like dressing, bbq, i'm charged 4.00 for those things. i started on a Friday that week end I felt sick and not hungry not sure why but by Monday i was GOOD TO GO. it is great and worth the money. I spend less cuz i'm not eating out 2 or 3 times a day. my kids are getting more veggies so it has really been great for me. i just have to remember my water and my sea salt. and i still have my coffee in the morneing and afternoon, but my counselor told me for every extra cup of coffee I need to drink that much more waterr and i do. i'm lucky my counselor is a friend so she lets me try stuff before I buy it or if i buy it and don't like it i trade it out for something else. I say give it a try i have lost 33 lbs since 7/11/09, i did cheat one time and it slowed me down for about 4 days, also don't skip i moved my daughter to college and got busy and skipped some packets and that slowed me dwon to. Well that's it any questions just ask i'll try to answer if i can.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #29  

Default Going to start 9/8...any advice?

Any advice? I am going to a meeting on 9/8 at which point I will start. Anyone know how the recipes work on the IP site?

What about veggies...can you use I can't believe it's not butter?? There are no calories...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post

denise

denise
Denise,

I did not have any "side effects". only get hungry occassionaly and it's usually because I haven't had anything to eat for a while. for example i eat my breakfast around 630 and by 1030 or 11 my stomach starts to growl. my dr. said to help with that i could have my protein packet and then eat my salad at my usual lunch time. I am surprised at how good i feel while being on a "diet" i'm not tired or moody. i've heard different things on exercise. some say what two to three weeks for your body to adjust then start slow. i was exercising before i started IP so I have been exercising since my first week. BUT i did notice that some of my usual workout routines seemed harder, but i think that is because I previously would have been loaded up with carbs before a workout and that is not the case with IP. So i have been sticking to just doing my treadclimber and monitoring my heart rate and drinking losts of water.
Closed Thread