3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/176253-ideal-protein-diet.html)

GoddessTT 09-24-2009 01:03 AM

LynnNowell - If you wanted to try for a week go for it...but my guess is you will gain weight.

For everyone out there that maybe didn't get literature etc...

From the Ideal Protein literature I have. Please note I do not sell this, I just researched it and made sure I understood what I was taking on before doing it, just like if I was to have surgery. I get nothing from trying to educate or help others. :-)

"The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is a quick and healthy protocol with proven, long-lasting results. Our gourmet protein food contain highly assimilable, high-biological value protein isolates combined with essential amino acids and are completmented with supplements and mineral salts.
  • Lose 3 to 7 lbs. per week
  • Primarily Promotes Fat Loss
  • Helps to Maintain Muscle Mass
  • Tones and Revitalizes skin
  • Supports Cellulite reduction
  • Promotes Vitality and Energy
  • Naturally Suppresses Appetite
  • Re-establishes Pancreatic Function (Insulin)
How it works...

Weight loss
The body has 3 sources of energy, carbs, proteins and lipids and burns carbs first for energy. Once the body has depleted its carb reserves, it will simultaneously draw on its protein and fat reserves for energy. The intake of our high-biological value protein isolates durin the Ideal Protein Weight loss method will help maintain lean muscle mass and force the body to turn to its fat reserves for energy. Also available, The Alternative Protocol, our modified protocol for diabetics and adolescents.

More than weight loss
  • Supports Celulite Reduction: Ideal Protein's targeted approach and detoxifying effect shrink fat cells, thereby eliminating most cellulite.
  • Skin Revitalization: Our protein packets contain high-biological value protein which revitalizes and softens the skin by providing it with nurtients it needs.
  • Improved Convalescence: Protein plays a major role in the treatment of illness, as the body is primarily composed of protein. Protein provides vitality and stregthens the immune system.
  • Stabilization of blood sugar levels and other obesity related conditions."
--
I was told it was like this...

Checking = carbs
Savings = fat
401k/Ira = muscle

We must deplete both checking and savings and protect the 401k at the same time. To do that we must acheive ketosis. By burning up the fat and carbs we have stored and saved and protecting the muscles (by getting protien - Surgeon general says 90grams is the minimum we need daily!!) we lose weight.

You can't have any sugar, cheat etc. No aspartme, only splenda or sucrolose. No gum. Why? Because of the chemicals in it.

Ideal Protein is a pharacutical grade protein isolate. The people making it are in white suits in a pharm lab. This is not the atkins diet stuff created with sugar and other chemicals created next to the granola bars by keebler (just giving an example most might recognize).

--

Random other stuff I saw people talking about...

1. You can't excercise in phase I unless your Dr. says you can. You could result in muscle loss. I know if you exercised before you can be limited now but this is all Dr. allowing it.

2. Restricted foods: some are 1 time per day... others are 2 times per week.

3. No aspartame (includes no crystal light), I asked about the Walden Farms syrups and other stuff they had and I was told no. The only thing we could have was the dressings. As for broth, I will ask on Friday. I guess if you made it yourself from stock you would be ok, but if a canned/boxed broth I would guess no because of all the ingredients.

I will post a list of all the foods and which are restricted. I did a lot of research in this before I started. If you want a list of the veggies (can have and not haves) let me know I will scan and send to those without.

TT
Seattle, WA
my blog

GoddessTT 09-24-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 2940638)
Wow..I love reading this board each day. I love hearing about everyone's successes (and they are all successes). Ihad a bad day today. Again, I didn't cheat, but didn't get in all the veggies and water (GoddessTT - I made the tea then forgot it in the microwave).

I am really nervous because I am leaving in the a.m. to go with a friend of mine for the weekend. We will be staying at her son's house and I feel I cannot "tell" them what I can eat. I loaded a bag with IP, along with WF salad dressings, etc., but since we will be at a convention all day Saturday and Sunday, I am worried.

DebS, I am so sorry about your husband. Mine also died of a heart attack in Iraq 1-1/2 years ago. I feel like I have been "frozen" - let my weight and my health go this whole time...and am trying to get healthy again for my son and his family. I still feel kinda empty inside and it is hard for me to stay motivated with anything...but I am trying. Good for you for not waiting as long as me.....

Everyone have a great weekend......

You will be fine! Just pack some veggies in baggies for lunch, I am sure they will have salad for you to eat. Maybe have your breakfast before you go and make the pudding when you get there. I am finding people sooooooo receptive to my eating habits and it has only been two weeks. I just think it takes educating people, now granted some don't want to hear it so I just let them know I am only having healthy foods and bring what I like/need so they don't have to worry about me.

Good luck at the convention! I know you will do great! As for the tea...you really should drink more hot liquids. It will help movement...;-)

GoddessTT 09-24-2009 02:17 AM

Phases and food list for Ideal Protein

Phases
Phase 1: To be followed until 90% of your weight loss goal is achieved.

3 Ideal Protein packets per day
+ vegetables
+ unlimited lettuce
+additional protein of your choice

E.g.:

Breakfast
Ideal Protein crispy Cereal

Lunch
Ideal Protein Mushroom soup with vegetables and lettuce

Supper (Dinner)
Chicken breast with vegetables and lettuce

Night-time Snack
Ideal Protein Salt and Vinegar Ridges

Phase 2: To be followed until your weight loss goal is achieved. (Minimum 2 weeks)

2 Ideal Protein packets per day
+vegetables
+unlimited lettuce
+additional protein of your choice

Same as phase 1 = replace lunchtime Ideal Protein food with protein of your choice.

Phase 3: 14-day gradual reintroduction of healthy carbohydrates and fats in the morning only.

Congratulations! – You’ve achieved your weight loss goal!

Phase 4: Maintenance

Keeping it off for life!

--

Ideal Protein Foods
* = only 1 permitted per day
** = only permitted MAX 2 times per WEEK
Something also to note…if you have a lot of weight to lose…then you want to be drinking the Cranberry, Blueberry, Pomegranate drink and eating the raspberry jelly, they both have beef collagen in them needed to help with that.

Ready to go shakes
20 gr Protein: Peach and Mango Drink
18 gr Protein: Pineapple and Banana Drink, Chocolate Drink, Cappuccino, Wild berry Yogurt, Blueberry, Cranberry & Pomegranate Drink, Pina Colada (I saw on my list that there is Pink Lemonade...but I haven't seen it on IP list or seen the box, so I can’t say for sure but I am sure it is like the Salt and Vinegar Ridges, they don’t show up anywhere but I do have the box!)

Soups/Chili*/Spaghetti**
18 gr Protein: Chicken soup, Leek soup, Mushroom soup
12 gr Protein: Vegetable Chili*, Bolognese Spaghetti**

Pancakes*/Syrup
20 gr Protein: Chocolate Pancake & Muffin*
18 gr Protein: Orange Pancake*, Plain Crepe*
0 gr Protein: Maple Syrup

Oatmeal*/Cereal
18 gr Protein: Maple Oatmeal*, Plain Cereal

Soy Puffs*/Soy Nuts*/Salt Vinegar Ridges*/Bars*
15 gr Protein: Sour Cream & Onion Soy Puffs*, Chocolate Soy Puffs*, BBQ Soy Puffs*

11 gr Protein: Garlic & Onion Soy Nuts*, BBQ Soy Nuts*
10 gr Protein: Smoked Soy Nuts*

15 gr Protein: Salt and Vinegar Ridges*

15 gr Protein: Chocolate Chip Fudge Bar*, Peanut Butter Bar*, Caramel Crunch Bar*, Choco-Banana Bar*, Choco-Raspberry Bar*, Milk Chocolate Bar*, Coconut Almond Fudge Bar*, Caramel Nut Bar*, Lemon Poppy Seed Bar*, Caramel Crunch Bar*, Vanilla Peanut*

Puddings/Jelly
20 gr Protein: Chocolate Pudding, Lemon Pudding, Raspberry Jelly
19 gr Protein: Banana Pudding
18 gr Protein: Butterscotch Pudding, Vanilla Pudding

Ready-to-serve Puddings
14 gr Protein: Ready-to-serve Chocolate Pudding, Ready-to-serve Vanilla Pudding

Drink Boxes
15 gr Protein: Vanilla Drink Box, Chocolate Drink Box

--

Vitamins (*daily mandatory requirement*)
These are also from Ideal Protein, there is a specific amount of each taken:
*Multi-vitamin
*Cal-Mag
*Pot-Cal
Omega 3

TT
Seattle, WA
my blog

Annmawy 09-24-2009 06:31 AM

Why do they recommend the beef collagen products for lost of weight to lose ?

Sandrab 09-24-2009 09:13 AM

I was also told that the 2 cups of vegetables ( both at lunch and supper)means you must have at least 2 cups, but that if you go over the 2 cups by a bit that this is OK...it would be so nice to actually know. And do you measure / weigh meat and veggies raw or once cooked? As for the broth, we had a holistic worker come in to our northern community and present the IP program - he did mention broth but there was so much info to process I could not remember in which capacity. But when i went to our local store who is featuring the IP products (and who have been on the plan for sometime now...) they have said that you can drink the broth like tea / coffee. I was happy to hear this as i really like broth ( i buy it in the box and sautee my veggies in it as well) and this would be a saving grace to me during "rough" patches. So i really need to know if this is allowed!

GoddessTT 09-24-2009 12:51 PM

Annmawy - beef collagen is used to help with the loose skin, so for somene losing 100+ lbs they might worry of excess skin once they are done. The same is said of surgery, normally they would have surgery after the Gastric surgery but what Ideal Protein has done is isolated the beef collagen which will help with the extra skin. Now if you have had that extra skin for 40+ (everyone is different this is an example) it will help but might not be the only corrective method needed.

Sandrab - I was told 2 cups minimum, but that I could go over as they are not high in carbs (minimal) and do not have fat. I do measure/weigh everything! For meats it is the cooked stuff, veggies the raw.

Was the broth Ideal Protein broth? If not what are the ingredients? I could ask my dr. I am veg'n and I know the PA just went to the Ideal Protein seminar here in WA last week and was going to bring back some stuff for me and ask a bunch of questions.

TT
Seattle, WA
my blog

mjv 09-24-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellena Handbasket (Post 2937864)
I weighed in yesterday for my two week mark. I have offically lost 16#!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar083...2/170/256/.png

GREAT JOB KEEP IT UP

mjv 09-24-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwe74 (Post 2938655)
I do see Tad. Is that who you are going to?

Yes i am I've known Jessica for a long time.. and Tad is great.. I just saw Jessica yesterday. some of us here in the area are trying to get a grp together to meet maybe once a month what do you think.

mjv 09-24-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillianjillian (Post 2940659)
Green cabbage beware........ I just weighed in on my 12 week and I am down 43 lbs!!!! Although my weight loss has been fantastic, I recently was told that I have been cheating by eating my green cabbage (1 head of cabbage a wk about.) Make sure you are only eating RED Cabbage. This is my first week off of cabbage and my weight drop was substantially higher! Anyway, glad to see that people are finally finding out about this program.... when I first started I couldn't find anyone that has done it online.

wow i was told i could have green cabbage!!!!! i need to check and make sure :dizzy:

jillianjillian 09-24-2009 03:03 PM

Yes, just cutting out green cabbage last week, I dropped 5 lbs, when I have been only loosing about 2 or so a week while eating green cabbage. If you look at the list of the veggies it reads..." cabbage (red, bak choi, pak choi.) I guess that the green cabbage has more starch and sugars.

alwe74 09-24-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillianjillian (Post 2940659)
Green cabbage beware........ I just weighed in on my 12 week and I am down 43 lbs!!!! Although my weight loss has been fantastic, I recently was told that I have been cheating by eating my green cabbage (1 head of cabbage a wk about.) Make sure you are only eating RED Cabbage. This is my first week off of cabbage and my weight drop was substantially higher! Anyway, glad to see that people are finally finding out about this program.... when I first started I couldn't find anyone that has done it online.

That's interesting. My chiro told me that I could have green cabbage and I've been eating it the whole time. Hmmm. I'll have to check on that further. Thanks for the heads up.

alwe74 09-24-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjv (Post 2941494)
Yes i am I've known Jessica for a long time.. and Tad is great.. I just saw Jessica yesterday. some of us here in the area are trying to get a grp together to meet maybe once a month what do you think.

That would be fun. We have a bunch over here that are doing the plan.

alwe74 09-24-2009 08:05 PM

I just looked up the nutrition facts of cabbage on Nutrition Date.

1 c. raw green cabbage- 22 calories, 5 g. carb, 2 g. fiber, 3 g. sugar

1 c. raw red cabbage - 28 calories, 7 g. carb, 2 g. fiber, 3 g. sugar

1 c. raw Pak Choi - 9 cal., 2 g. carb, 1 g. fiber, 1 g. sugar

I can understand why Pak Choi would be a better choice, but I don't see how red cabbage would be better than green. They seem to have comparable calories, carbs, and sugar.

I'm really curious about the broth thing. If we can have broth than we could do a modified version of the Weight Watchers zero point soup. That stuff is soooo good!

babygene 09-24-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnNowell (Post 2940555)
Does anyone use other meal replacements like the Atkins bars or shakes. They look similar are much cheaper. I know IP will say they have the "best" protien, but what is the real difference?

If you deviate from the plan it will set you back. I dont know how much research you have done but this diet is about stabilizing pancreatic function. I have deviated with cream in my coffee and did not lose weight for 3 days. I started IP on sept. 1st and have lost 17 pounds in 24 days. There is a big difference in foods and you really need to know what is allowed and stick to it if you want results. I understand the physiology and there is nothing else out there like this. You can burn fat and build muscle mass with hard work outs. I have never felt better I still have 30 pounds to loose and it hasn't been that hard (after the first 3 days).

aaaaoooo 09-25-2009 12:17 PM

Hi!! I started IP on Tuesday 9/22 and I am starving to death. I keep waiting for it to go away but it hasn't. I am very excited about the program though, I think I have finally found the one thing that is going to work. I have been gaining weight since I was 20 and after I had kids it got worse. Monday I said enough is enough and here I am!! I am praying that I can stick to it, I am ready to be me again!!

I really don't like the cereal, but I eat it. I like everything else so far. I am trying not to get any of the restricted items so maybe I will lose a little faster.

I weigh in on Monday!! Keep your fingers crossed!!