3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/174453-ideal-protein-diet.html)

alwe74 06-16-2009 09:19 PM

Ideal Protein Diet

I just had a consultation for the Ideal Protein Diet. I did an online search for it and came up with many different spas and diet centers that sell it. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it?

chicky viv 06-18-2009 12:13 AM

I think it's just a knock off of the zone diet eating 25% protein, 15% lipids, and 60% carbohydrates of your caloric intake a day. Other then that I don't know too much about it. I can be totally wrong though but I personally don't think you should spend your money on it. You can get the same thing by shopping for the foods yourself.

GLChick 06-18-2009 09:52 AM

How much is a good amount of protein anyway? I read in another forum that 1 gram per pound of body weight is good. I'm not sure how that would be possible. Also, I've started a new account on Fitday.com, and although only done it for a couple of days, I find it's very useful information. It's not perfect, as long as I get it in the ballpark, but I'm finding that I have 67% carbs, which seems to be too much, and therefore the reason why I may not be losing weight even though I have started going to the gym about 4 days a week. Also, protein only tallied up to 16%, with 75 grams total! So maybe there is something to that. I'm going to try to up my protein through normal foods, and I'll see how it goes.

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated! :)

Kelleesplace 07-14-2009 02:08 AM

I am a Carboholic. I have been on the Ideal diet for 5 weeks and wow do I feel good. The diet is all about resetting your pancreas to function the way it should. No more teaching your body to store fat but rather burn it. You have to bring your carbs down to a bare min. But the food is good and its not forever.

Jacque9999 07-14-2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLChick (Post 2790833)
How much is a good amount of protein anyway? I read in another forum that 1 gram per pound of body weight is good. I'm not sure how that would be possible.

I thought it was half your body weight...i.e. if you weigh 150#, you would need 75 grams of protein a day. But I just found this http://www.fitsugar.com/165578 and it is alot less then half your weight. Confused....again!!!

Duravia 08-09-2009 03:37 AM

Yes, I do Ideal Protein!

I am almost at my 2 month mark and have lost 20 pounds. I am a nurse and I wear hosptial issued scrubs and have gone down 2 sizes so far. I enjoy all the products (so far) and am sticking to it. I love the results!!

My doctor is on it as well and she is at a 60 lb weight loss so far. I have seen her on SO many diets. I can only hope that I will do so well. My brother-in-law started a week before me and his cholesterol went from 240 to 161. His weight loss is at 45 lbs right now. I thought that was impressive! Good luck on your journey, tell me how it goes!

hummingbird1918 10-04-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duravia (Post 2866139)
I am almost at my 2 month mark and have lost 20 pounds. I am a nurse and I wear hosptial issued scrubs and have gone down 2 sizes so far. I enjoy all the products (so far) and am sticking to it. I love the results!!

My doctor is on it as well and she is at a 60 lb weight loss so far. I have seen her on SO many diets. I can only hope that I will do so well. My brother-in-law started a week before me and his cholesterol went from 240 to 161. His weight loss is at 45 lbs right now. I thought that was impressive! Good luck on your journey, tell me how it goes!

I am having a hard time finding doctors who deal with this program. Do you have a contact list?

sweetpoison 10-17-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird1918 (Post 2955897)
I am having a hard time finding doctors who deal with this program. Do you have a contact list?

I am having this same problem.....I might want to check this program out...but when I google I dont come up with anything anywhere near me... I am in Cleveland, Ohio...