3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Success Stories > Goal!

Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 01-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #46

well i just signed up today and your thread was the first thing i started to look at...and all i can say is wow! your story is so inspirational!

STARTING=197.5 [1/10/06]
CURRENTLY=192 [1/18/06]
GOAL=160
TIb0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:08 AM   #47
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

OMG Lily, I am such a dunce. I have NEVER read your story. I never saw it. I noticed it this morning since someone recently left a post here and it was up on the main screen. I had seen your before and after pictures almost immediately when I signed onto 3FC, but had never "heard" your full story. I gathered bits and pieces by reading your posts, but never the whole story. I am speechless. I was always so inspired by you, but now, wow, just wow. What you have had to endure. That would have broken most people many times over. You are quite the inspiration, in every way humanly possible. I know you are having much, much improvement from your weightloss and I just hope this continues and that all your medical problems are well behind you. Thank you so much for sharing such a personal story. I'm sure it has benefited hundreds of people. Good luck to you in your continued fight for good health.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #48
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thank you all so much. I wanted to tell my full story so that others with health issues would know that it's not too late. That improving their health through weight loss really works. I feel tremendously better. I do still have health issues but am in so much better shape without the obesity also. This has also helped me mentally, as the depression that accompanies chronic health conditions is so much lessened. I am totally a healthier and happier person now.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #49
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
I was engaged to an anesthesiologist that watched every bite I took and wanted in a pre-nup that I'd never weigh over 150. By this time, I was stressed with nursing school and definitely eating too much pizza. I got up to 182 and went on WW and lost back to 151 and was never able to get below that. Me and the doctor split and I was pregnant. He moved out 3 weeks before the baby was born.
It's too bad that someone in the medical profession couldn't be more supportive. You are well rid of him. I do hope he gave you some sort of support for your baby!

I was always told that if you had to go on that much medication for severe ailments that you would NEVER be able to go off them. Well, I am so glad that I was totally misinformed!

Congrats to you!

Life does not happen in a vacuum. Lifestyle changes must transcend habits and routines. - thanks midwife.

Weight loss isn't linear and the body doesn't have a timetable. - thanks Glory87.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:15 AM   #50
lilybelle

He paid DEARLY for the support and hated every minute of it. LOL.

Last edited by lilybelle; 08-01-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #51
Goalreacher

S/C/G: 160/145/100

Height: 5'3

Talking

You go girl!!
"Some people have a foolish way of not minding, or pretending not to mind, what they eat. For my part, I mind my belly very studiously, and very carefully; for I look upon it, that he who does not mind his belly will hardly mind anything else."
Samuel Johnson
goalreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #52
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Lily,

Wow! Congrats on overcoming so much and attaining your goal. Your story is truly inspirational and you should be proud of your accomplishments! Thanks so much for sharing!

OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:02 AM   #53
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Thanks Lilybelle for sharing your story which is so inspirational to me and many other 3fc out there.

I have a chronic autoimmune disease (MS) which places restrictions on what exercise and how much come to that I can do. But you also had restrictions due to repeated abdominal surgeries over time. For me it gives me motivation to carry on and be a healthier, slimmer new me.

Enjoy your success you deserve it and congratulations on your 8th wedding anniversary.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #54

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Thank you so much for sharing the medical side of your story. I just had a doctor appointment yesterday and, although I've been making changes over the last 3 months, I am more determined than ever to continue with these changes. Your story gives me hope that there will be a day when I won't need to be on blood pressure medication.
Thanks.

My Blog:
http://www.sybilizedliving.wordpress.com
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #55

Wow Lilly...thank you for your incredible story. You truly ARE an inspiration.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #56

Your story is getting too far down the list. There sure are a lot more stories than there was 2 years ago. But your is still really inspiring, and you haven't gained it back even on the prednisone.
1 Thess. 4:16-17
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #57
lilybelle

purple, continue on with your healthy changes and that way you can insure to be the best that you can be. It only gets better with weight loss.

Kris, BP problems are often resolved or at least made better by losing weight. I wish you the best.

Thanks Angela

carol, thanks for reminding me of my story. Occasionally I go back and read it just to remind me of what I've endured and how it is so worth it now.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:41 AM   #58

S/C/G: 321.8/261/164

Height: 5'7"

It's really amazing how you have been so strong and been able to get your weight down despite being on prednisone. I have been worried about possibly having fatty liver syndrome. Ever since I had my daughter 2.5 years ago, I have been extremely itchy on my hands and around my lower legs. I was also not able to get the swelling down on my feet and ankles after the baby was born. Then back in February of this year, I started having attacks of nausea, vomiting, chills and low grade fever. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. (I have health care through UCLA). They did an ultrasound to see if I have gall stones, and that came up clear, but they noticed that my liver has a lot of fatty infiltration. But they said my liver was ok because the blood tests came up normal.

Yet, I am wondering if there is something wrong with my liver because I have PCOS and I heard that NASH and fatty liver disease are connected to PCOS. The only thing that has helped me feel better is going on a low fat diet and losing weight. In fact, the swelling on my feet/ankles finally went down, more than 2 years after the birth of my daughter. But I still am really super itchy and scratch my ankles till they bleed. I get these tiny itchy bumps on my fingers and the only way to get rid of the itching is to peel the skin off the area that itches so severely. The dematologists were useless to treat this. All they ever gave me was hydrocortizone cream and they never would say for sure what the problem was. I notice that the skin all over my body is itchy in the sense that if I start rubbing or scratching it, it itches more. But I find that I can leave myself alone except that my ankles and hands itch more intensely.

Thanks for listening! I really don't know what to do except (maybe this is a blessing in disguise) my primary care physician just left the medical group, so I had to choose a new doctor. I have an appointment on July 28 so I am going to tell him about what has been going on, and how I worry I might have a liver problem.

Last edited by thesusanone; 06-29-2008 at 02:45 AM.
thesusanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:21 AM   #59

S/C/G: 325/ticker/175

Height: 5'3

well, i had a 'first' reading your story.. i sat here bawling like a baby... you are such a strong woman to overcome all you had to in the first place, but to lose weight on top of it is so awesome... your story humbled me greatly... i sit and get sad cause i cant have my reg soda, or 'how unfair life is that im fat' even tho i have my health ( for now anyhow).. i feel so petty for even feeling like that after reading your story.. you are an amazing woman and im so glad that your health probs are under control and youre feeling so much better.. you deserve it hun...

jimaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #60
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I don't know what's happening with my posts lately. I post a reply to a thread and the next time I log in, it is not there. This can't be just gremlins.

Anyway - lilyelle, I am glad your thread floated up to the top because otherwise I would not have known. I read about all your health issues with tears in my eyes and I was very relieved to read the happy ending. You are just an inspiration. You are just like the butterfly on your T-shirt - soaring high in the sky.