Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 07-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #16  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Anyone have a tissue??? Cause I need one. Lily you're truly amazing! Thanks for sharing your story!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:54 PM   #17  

Lily, I found your story! I was the one who asked about prednisone. My story with illness is a little different. I lost a lot at first last summer and looked good for the first time in years. But put it all back on with prednisone. Could tell a little more? What exercise do you do? Do you eat several small meals a day? That kind of stuff. Thanks so much.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #18  
Slow and Steady

Lily, thank you so much for sharing your story. You look fabulous! Not only are you thinner in your goal picture, but you also look so much healthier. Way to go!!! Thank you for the inspiration.
Quirky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #19  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Lily - Thanks for sharing your inspirational story. It's great that losing the weight has helped you overcome your health problems. You look healthy and slim too - so that's a good 'side effect'! I'll think about your story every time I feel like it's overwhelming trying to lose the weight - quitting is not an option!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #20  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

It's simply amazing the changes we can do by losing weight! You are an inspiration and congratulations on a healthier you! I know at least that my blood pressure has gone way down and is in the normal ranges now instead of normal-high. This is motivation enough to keep on doing great.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks to each of you for taking the time to read my story and see what my journey has entailed. I want each of you to know that you can do it too. I am so thankful for my new lease on life and the ability to just enjoy it.
carolr3639, I usually eat 3 good meals a day and healthy snacks such as fruit, string cheese, cottage cheese, fresh veggies with dip. I exercise 30 min's to 1 hr. about 5 times a week on the treadmill. I can't do abdominal exercises due to repeated abdominal hernia repairs, open cholecystectomy, hystererectomy and inguinal hernias plus bowel adhesion surgeries in 10 places and enlarged liver and spleen.. I love to swim and try to swim at least twice a week. As I mentioned in my story, I was in terrible shape and couldn't walk far at all to start with but my tolerance for exercise is now greatly improved. I thank the lord for my new Dr. that told me to lose weight, the others I have had were very pessimistic and said that the best I could ever hope for was to maintain my weight on prednisone. This one said , "no, it might make you very hungry, but you control what you put in your mouth". He was right. Eating right and exercise even with steroids will take the weight off. I hope this helps.
Penpal, you have the exact correct attitude, "quitting is not an option" , that was my attitude and it got me through.
pixiefalls, Congratulations on your weight loss and the Blood Pressure getting under control. I am sure it makes you feel so much better.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:12 AM   #22  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Wow....great job!
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #23  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Wow. What a story. You are truly an inspiration.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #24  

Thanks so much, Lily, for all your help. Except for last summer , I have had 50lb to lose for so long. Don't know if I told you but I have 10 children ages 18 to 34 so that many pregnancies made weight loss hard, also. I have exercised much (walked 6mi a day when first on prednisone for most of the summer) in the past so I think diet is more important. With illness, too, I have always been tired and so I don't think my daily calorie output is normal. Sometimes you just want to give up. Thanks again.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #25  
lilybelle

You are very welcome. (carolr3639). Please don't give up, it's never too late to lose the weight. I am wishing you the best. Wow, 10 kids. I had 2 and that was enough for me. Mine are ages 20 and 14 now. I also have 4 step-daughters ages 23,20,17 and 14.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 230/210/170

Height: 5'8

Congratulations! I'm in awe of your achievment and your strength. You truly are an inspiration.
magdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #27  
Philippians 4:13

S/C/G: 239/218/139

Height: 5'2.5"

Oh Lilybelle-
You are an inspiration! As I sat here reading your story I kept tearing up. I often have a pity party for myself because of my hypothyroid problem. My health problems are nothing in comparison to what you had to go through. I see that it can be done. I am going to do it. Thank you. I haven't been on the board in a long time. I'd just given up, but I am starting right now. Keep up the great work. I'll be on the boards more from now on. There is so much help here. Thank you again.

Last edited by rdhdgrl1; 07-11-2006 at 09:50 AM.
rdhdgrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #28  
lilybelle

These boards are such a wonderful help. Many people here knew that I was trying to lose weight, but many didn't know the exact reason behind it. I want everyone to know that even with failing health that the weight loss and the exercise will make them so much healthier and stronger. I feel like I knew person.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #29  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, Lily, thanks so much for sharing your amazing story. I just cannot tell you how much your story touched and inspired me. Congrats on getting to goal, you look amazing. Your kids must be so proud of you.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 187/171/130

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb Congratulations, Lilybelle

What an amazing & inspiring story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I will always think twice before complaining from now on!
GenreGirl is offline   Reply With Quote