Glory's very long weight loss journey

You're on Page 10 of 13
Go to
  • Very inspiring for sure, thanks for sharing- it has given me some good insight!
  • My plan now is to lose another 4lb so I will have a 5lb buffer which I plan to maintain my weight. Its been 20 years since I was this small.
  • Glory, you gave such a great story! Thank you so much!
    Your story is the only one that is inspiration for me. You are so REAL!! Thank you!
  • Glory - did you have any problems with excess skin? Just curious...
  • Dieting has also made me fat! lol. Your story is an inspiration to me to find a new, healthy lifestyle instead of a fad.
  • Quote: Glory - did you have any problems with excess skin? Just curious...
    Hey Nomena - sorry for the delayed response!

I do have loose skin - belly, inner thighs, under arms, boobs. I would much rather have a little loose skin and look great in six 6 clothes than struggle to find XXL clothes that look decent on my old heavy body!

Of course, it would be best if I had never been obese, but I was and this is the body I have now. I have no illusions I'll ever wear a bikini, but that wasn't one of my goals anyway.
  • Thank you!
    Thank you SO much for this. I have these new sense of...motivation and empowerment from your story. There are so many parallels, and your positive, determined outlook has really made me feel like I can do it too! I've learned so much, awesome!
  • Next month is 5 years of maintenance.

Five years at 130 lbs.

I've always said that losing weight is both the easiest thing and the hardest thing I have ever done. It is a lot of work, but so worth it. I am grateful for my new life everyday - it is always a miracle and never gets old.

I believe you can do it, Rndmcandle. You have to want it and work at it and accept that you'll goof up now and then. Consistency, planning and giving up junk have been the three keys to my ultimate success.
  • U look great and certainly an inspirational story. I copied those super foods since I don't get enough of those in my diet. Thank you!
  • Great story. Well done
  • Wow!!! What an inspiration you are. Thank you for sharing your journey. You have made the life changes we are all working on. You look terrific.

Thank you.

Sharon
  • Very interesting, nice work.
  • Great Story! I was feeling kind of down today about the weight loss and your post really helped! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Glory, thank you for sharing so many details of your journey here! You are totally the one who inspired me to join the forums today and to pick up a copy of SuperFoods Rx. I can relate so much to the comments of yours I've read that state you don't have a problem with food so much as a problem with certain foods! I have had a huge sweet tooth ever since I was a kid and even now I'm still in the grips of a sweets "episode." I am a bit scared to remove some of these foods from my diet but I'm starting to realize that I will have to find a "new normal" for myself, hopefully based on whole, healthy foods. Thank you again for offering your insights here!
  • Glory87, thank you so much for sharing your story. I am starting my weight loss journey today and I appreciate any "road maps" to success. It's so funny, I just tossed all my processed, unhealthy food and bought all whole foods today, before I read your post- It was a nice affirmation that I'm on the right path! Anyway please keep your feedback and stories coming, they are so motivational.