3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   Goal Day! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/323934-goal-day.html)

FatGuyNamedSmitty 08-27-2021 10:08 AM

Goal Day!

I've posted my story elsewhere, but here's a summary. I joined this site some years ago.... I weighed about 360 at the time. This was an estimate, as my scale only went up to 350. I was doing a basic caloric restriction diet... and lost about 35 pounds... and then stalled, and gave up. By 2017, I was back up to 376. Ugh. I'm sure this is nothing new to any of you. I had developed severe osteoarthritis. I needed both my knees replaced. Fortunately, I found a surgeon who was willing to do it, despite my size. The surgery and recovery went well and over the next few years, I got down to about 247. And about 1 year ago (Sept 2020), I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, with an A1C of 10.6.

Time for drastic action. I needed to restrict carbs, natch, so I decided to be serious about it. I did my research, and saw the research that suggested a Keto diet could REVERSE T2D. So I did that. Getting my blood sugar under control was the goal, but I also started losing weight.... quite a lot of weight.

When I first came here, and I was about 360, I picked a goal of 250. I haven't been 250 since my freshman year of college. That's still "obese," but it seemed a reasonable number... but still aggressive at over 100 lbs lost.

Well, today, for the first time in decades, I saw the scale BELOW 250 lbs. GOAL!

But I am not done. I will be setting a new goal. I'm not sure what yet. I will enjoy looking at that "current weight" below "goal weight for a short time.

Thanks for listening.

Rhiko 09-29-2021 09:10 PM

Hello Smitty,

I'm sorry no one has replied to you!

Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations for exceeding your mini goal. Hopefully you are still enjoying your "current weight" and that your diabetes is under control.

I had a taste of being a diabetic when I was pregnant and I saw how dramatically weight can shift downwards when cutting out carbs and sugars. I just love carbs too much these days to cut them out :lol:

jebsmith 11-16-2021 01:33 AM

Good work so far!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatGuyNamedSmitty (Post 5439331)
I've posted my story elsewhere, but here's a summary. I joined this site some years ago.... I weighed about 360 at the time. This was an estimate, as my scale only went up to 350. I was doing a basic caloric restriction diet... and lost about 35 pounds... and then stalled, and gave up. By 2017, I was back up to 376. Ugh. I'm sure this is nothing new to any of you. I had developed severe osteoarthritis. I needed both my knees replaced. Fortunately, I found a surgeon who was willing to do it, despite my size. The surgery and recovery went well and over the next few years, I got down to about 247. And about 1 year ago (Sept 2020), I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, with an A1C of 10.6.

Time for drastic action. I needed to restrict carbs, natch, so I decided to be serious about it. I did my research, and saw the research that suggested a Keto diet could REVERSE T2D. So I did that. Getting my blood sugar under control was the goal, but I also started losing weight.... quite a lot of weight.

When I first came here, and I was about 360, I picked a goal of 250. I haven't been 250 since my freshman year of college. That's still "obese," but it seemed a reasonable number... but still aggressive at over 100 lbs lost.

Well, today, for the first time in decades, I saw the scale BELOW 250 lbs. GOAL!

But I am not done. I will be setting a new goal. I'm not sure what yet. I will enjoy looking at that "current weight" below "goal weight for a short time.

Thanks for listening.

That's amazing! Glad you have had so much progress. Keep up the healthy living