60lbs weight loss goal

• I just started my diet and my goal is to lose 60lbs. I'm currently on a low carb diet. Any other low carb dieters?
  • I'm not on a specific low carb diet, just aiming to eat healthier and exercise. Just wanted to wish you luck with your journey
  • hey! i just started about 3-4 weeks ago. i'm also following a low-carb diet. I have about 60 pounds to lose as well.
  • There's a whole section of the forum for low-carbers! I'm low-carb and I calorie count as well - I shoot for a max of 60g carbs a day.
  • Good luck!
    I'm not specifically on a low carb diet but I do try to watch my carb intake since I tend to feel better the less carbs I eat. :P
  • Definately a low-carber here!

Yup a whole section for us, just a bit lower on the message board, come look us up!

MrsKevin
  • I personally think low-carb is the way to go. It is working for me. When we have too many carbs all the time our bodies just never use their stored carbs. So you can have a thousand calorie fast food meal. Your body will use say 100 calories it needs right away and store the rest, then you will feel hungry again soon, and then eat more carbs.

When you break that your body gets more efficient and using stored carbs so you actually feel less hungry even after eating fewer calories. It does totally work. I am not Atkins at all. More very limited bread, pasta, cookies, all baked goods, etc. But still veggies and fruit. No fruit juice though.
  • I'm not into the whole counting thing so I don't know how much of either (carbs or calories) I'm having, but I'm basically low carb because the easiest things to drop "mindlessly" were the carbs. I'm still eating a few things that aren't "low carb" but also aren't triggers or things I will binge on and that also offer nutritional value so they aren't empty calories. So it's actually probably more technically low calorie right now. My goal is approximately 60 pounds also.
  • I am currently working on this too!
  • Newly converted low carber here. I think I'm probably gluten intolerant so dropping the carbs has made me feel amazing. I eat <40g per day from veggies and some fruit.