3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   Pre-surgery goal MET!!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/282265-pre-surgery-goal-met.html)

ikesgirl80 05-25-2013 08:37 AM

Pre-surgery goal MET!!!!!!

2 Attachment(s)
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Oh my God!

I went to the surgeon yesterday for my pre-op appointment. I am having a tummy tuck and breast lift on June 6th. I asked all of my questions, and then we came to the big one!

Me: "I've lost 20 more pounds since I saw you in February, I'm down to 190. When we talked, you estimated to get what I want from the surgery, I should aim for 30 more, which would put me at 180. I've been able to maintain between 187 - 192, but getting lower, it's just not happening. Do you think I've lost enough fat in this part (pointing to my upper stomach)? You said I had about 1 inch of fat. Is it less?"

Dr.: I'm still in shock that you have lost 160 pounds, on your own. You have lost a lot of the fat from your stomach, and YOU CAN JUST MAINTAIN TIL SURGERY. Also, after all the skin is removed, your body fat percentage will be slightly above normal, and I mean SLIGHTLY (using his fingers to show a space less than a cm!).

So, I'm changing my ticker and calling it!

GOAL!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
I wanted a pic AT belly dancing class, but forgot, so you get the bathroom mirror pic, after belly dancing!)

CherryPie99 05-25-2013 08:48 AM

Yay! Isn't it a totally awesome feeling???

Did the doc tell you how much he expects to cut off?

Welcome to maintenance - it's not a cakewalk (no pun intended) but it's pretty cool!

Jen

ikesgirl80 05-25-2013 09:01 AM

At the appointment in February, he was predicting 10-12 pounds. He said there is more loose skin now then in February, but I have found with my doctor (an Asian perfectionist!), that he really won't give me numbers or ranges, that are too small... I want perfection, so I will live with not having exact numbers. But I did ask him if I will be able to wear a two piece, and he said, "Not if you care about your scar showing." I rolled my eyes, and said, "If that's all that's between me and a bikini, bring it on!"

bargoo 05-25-2013 09:02 AM

Congratulations !

jessicado22 05-25-2013 10:12 AM

That is AWESOME!!!!! Congrats! :)

elvislover324 05-25-2013 10:13 AM

So happy for you!! Congrats on all your hard work paying off!!

NorthernChick13 05-25-2013 12:08 PM

AMAZING! I cant wait for pics! I am so happy for you!!!!

aspen13 05-25-2013 02:33 PM

Woohoo...so AMAZING! Congratulations for such a huge accomplishment! What an inspiration.

KindaSortaAthlete 05-25-2013 02:42 PM

Great job!! You're gonna have to be sure to give us all the details of your surgery! :)

ikesgirl80 05-25-2013 03:02 PM

Thanks Everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KindaSortaAthlete (Post 4752466)
Great job!! You're gonna have to be sure to give us all the details of your surgery! :)

I am going to try and document it on my blog. The link is in my profile-side bar thingy. Plus I'll probably find some way to talk about it here too!

Chris

Mozzy 05-25-2013 03:48 PM

Super yay!!! Congrats!!!!

Roo2 05-25-2013 03:56 PM

Congrats so your having a Fleur De Lis Tummy Tuck and Breast lift at the same time ! That is awesome .
I have had several consults trying to figure out what is the right options for me ...the last surgeon said he would not do both together for me ...he likes to break the, up...but I would be nice one surgery and your done. Will the breast lift address some of the excess skin in the axils region?
Thanks for sharing !
And wishing you a speedy recovery! Good luck ! I am soo happy for you!:hug:
Roo2:carrot:

Megan33 05-25-2013 06:00 PM

Hooray for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is soooo exciting! I can't wait to see pix too!!

ikesgirl80 05-25-2013 07:54 PM

Thanks again to everyone, and pictures are added to the first post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo2 (Post 4752520)
Congrats so your having a Fleur De Lis Tummy Tuck and Breast lift at the same time ! That is awesome .
I have had several consults trying to figure out what is the right options for me ...the last surgeon said he would not do both together for me ...he likes to break the, up...but I would be nice one surgery and your done. Will the breast lift address some of the excess skin in the axils region?
Thanks for sharing !
And wishing you a speedy recovery! Good luck ! I am soo happy for you!:hug:
Roo2:carrot:

Yes I am having both at the same time! My surgeon said he would, but I would have to stay overnight, just in case I lost a lot of blood, or went into shock or something. He said my body fat would be normal if I did have the skin, so he is taking off 12+ pounds of skin, plus tightening EVERYTHING up. With the breast lift, he is doing an extended cut, so between that and the vertical cut on my stomach, almost all of the side and back skin will be taken care of. If you look at this post, you can see what my skin looks like:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...companies.html Scroll about 1/2 way down the first page, and you will see pics of front and back!

Underwater 05-25-2013 07:59 PM

Ikesgirl you look AMAZING! And I cannot wait to see your results.

I lost less so I don't have as much skin, but I am going to get TT&BL (and brachioplasty) so I would love all the glory details.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. If you're stuck in bed and bored, we're here to chat :)