3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   85 pounds later... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/274042-85-pounds-later.html)

LucyRic 01-23-2013 12:39 AM

85 pounds later...

:carrot:
I really thought I would never lose the weight. I had really convinced myself that it was impossible, too hard, not my fault.

And I can't really say what changed, except that last March, right after my 24th birthday, at 208 lb, I decided I was going to do it. I still doubted myself and my ability to lose weight, but I signed up that night for the WeightWatchers online program.

I started to follow the program, and to my surprise, I actually started to lose weight! I started exercising on the elliptical and actually began to enjoy it.

I'm really not sure what made it work this time, but it helped that I had a bit of a deadline. I was scheduled for breast reduction surgery in June, and I wanted to lose as much weight as possible before then.

I made it down to around 173 before the surgery, then lost another 5 pounds in a few hours ;)

I put losing weight on hold for a while I recovered from the surgery, but instead I focused on eating healthier foods.

Then I got back on the wagon.

I'm not sure I'm totally ready to say that I'm done yet, but I'm pretty happy where I am now.

I'm trying to figure out this whole maintenance thing.

Next up is trying to eat healthier foods and more of a variety of foods. And maybe even exercise?

Some things I learned along the way from 3FC and myself (perhaps a little cliche, but true):
  • I don't need to eat the bread/cake/cookie right now because unless it's the last one in the world, I can always have it later.
  • Good food is worth the calories; most of the food I used to eat is not good food.
  • Eating makes me feel better in the moment, but food is for nutrition, not comfort.
  • Shopping for clothing can actually be fun.
  • I actually have a choice of what to wear now, so I don't need to buy something just because it fits.
  • The extra 85 pounds I was carrying around was literally weighing me down: it's much easier to breathe now.
  • I need to focus on making a good choice right now and not worry so much about the past or the future. All of the "nows" add up.
  • Losing weight doesn't actually solve all of your problems.
  • Goals are achievable.

Thank you all! I haven't posted a lot but I'm a hardcore lurker and everything you've posted has been a huge help.

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7b7aa6f0.jpg

cheerios 01-23-2013 12:58 AM

congratulations i'm glad you found motivation and had the determination to follow through with what you have accomplished so far! keep up the good work :)

penmage 01-23-2013 02:52 AM

:congrat:

Mozzy 01-23-2013 03:10 AM

Congrats!!!!!

California Kathy 01-23-2013 03:27 AM

congratulations on losing 85 pounds!!!

You look just terrrific ! I can imagine your happiness and your victory. I'm happy for you, too. My hat's off to you! That took complete devotion and keeping true to yourself. Thank you for posting this. It helps me to stick with it and is very encouraging. Kathy

Kitcherella 01-23-2013 03:28 AM

:cp: :cp: :cp:

Betba 01-23-2013 06:32 AM

Congrats to you!!

LRH 01-23-2013 09:19 AM

Thanks for inspiring us! Congratulations!!!

Mara 01-23-2013 09:48 AM

That's awesome! Congrats!

getmydivaback3 01-23-2013 10:13 AM

You have given me motivation to keep pushing..Thanks.

pinkflakes 01-23-2013 10:40 AM

:cheer2::congrat::cheer2:

MzPiggy 01-23-2013 11:04 AM

WOW, congratulations on your loss! You look wonderful, 123lbs in my dream weight! LoL

You and your story are truly inspiring =) Take care

NorthernChick13 01-23-2013 11:45 AM

Congratulations! I love the lessons you learned along the way :) Very inspirational!!!! Best of luck with maintenance- we all believe in you!

LucyRic 01-23-2013 01:35 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I could inspire some of you. I know I was inspired by so many of the people here on 3FC.

weight2lose 01-23-2013 01:44 PM

Congratulations, LucyRic!!!

You're certainly an inspiration to me!!!

Rob