3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   Time to call it...GOAL! (pics) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/248450-time-call-goal-pics.html)

redrose8988 12-09-2011 03:59 PM

You look gorgeous! Way to be an inspiration to everyone here and to take charge of your life!

evilwomaniamshe 12-09-2011 04:03 PM

Hey CC, :)
Great job!
Welcome to maintenance-land! :)

deblosingit 12-09-2011 04:16 PM

Congratulations! You did it!! You should be so proud of yourself! Enjoy!!

ChickieChicks 12-09-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1girlsjourney (Post 4133943)
I forgot to mention that my weight gain started with infertility stuff too--several failed treatments including 2 failed IVFs, then bed rest during my one and only pregnancy.

Those hormones are awful! I am incredibly thankful for my 2 babies, but they just wreak havoc on you. :hug:

ChickieChicks 12-09-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashkunc (Post 4133689)
Thank you for sharing your story!! So Inspirational!! Congratulations...you look great and I like to hear that you didn't take any shortcuts, just hard work, working out, and watching your calories. Just curious--when you were losing weight, about how many calories were you eating a day and how often were you working out? Did you limit carbs/sugar or just rely mostly on calroie counting? I have about 40 lbs to lose and trying to find the best plan for me! Right now I am doing Wonderslim and eating a lean meal for dinner (meat & veggies). Any tips or things that worked best for you would be helpful to all of us!!

I limited fat and just generally avoided sugary foods, b/c I have a huge sensitivity to foods always tasting overly-sweet. I joined my YMCA and they have an online site where you can track your calories, track workouts, etc. Very similar to other calorie counters 3FC members use. I liked this one, b/c after I put my foods in for the day, it told me my breakdown of fat/carbs/protein. I aimed for 20% fat, 30% protein and 50% carbs. I didn't hit it exactly everyday, but I was pretty close.

In the beginning I worked out 4-6 times a week, usually for 20-30 minutes. I was badly out of shape and I knew from previous attempts that being too gung-ho in the beginning always hurt me in the end. After the first month or so, I could feel myself getting stronger, so I would walk longer, add inclines, tried cardio classes, etc. I found that I love to go for long bike rides in my neighborhood, especially in nice weather. Very peaceful.

It was interesting, and simultaneously confusing, to see that as the months went on, I required more calories and could sustain less workouts. My body was using up it's fat stores. So now I eat approx. 1800/day to MAINTAIN, and although I work-out 3-4 times a week, each of those is usually very high impact and hardcore. I really bust it out, and now I am at the point where I find myself disappointed if my cardio class wasn't insane.

YOU CAN DO THIS! Find support. Real support, not just kind words. Whether it is a workout buddy, supportive family, etc. You are probably going to want to quit. We all do. I can't tell you how many times my hubby just sat patiently and listened to me moan about how much it sucks, yadda, yadda. I would vent and then get right back to it. :hug:

nads84 12-09-2011 05:26 PM

Great work little miss! ...its almost scary, but our bodies are virtually identical! Congrats!! Enter the fun that is maintenance :)

ThinkinThin5 12-09-2011 06:23 PM

WOW! WOW! WOW! Congratulations! You should be SO proud of yourself for your accomplishment. I do not know what a Mommy Doughnut is, but I sure didn't see one in your photos. :) You look healthy, toned, and happy.

You're an inspiration!

Nazza000 12-09-2011 06:39 PM

:cheer: Congrats! You're truly an inspiration, your kids will be proud of their mum :)

loose seal 12-09-2011 07:07 PM

WOW!!! You look uber fantastic! Congratulations on achieving your goal and thank you for posting your pics. Can't tell you how much inspiration they give me (and I'm sure others). I was concerned that I"d start munching tonight . . . if I start to feel that urge I'm going to remember your pics and stay strong. WTG!

alliesarang 12-10-2011 12:23 AM

Amazing!! You look fantastic! Really a great example of setting your mind to something and accomplishing it. I like the idea of the 100 day challenge, I might steal it. :)

Chubby Momma 12-10-2011 01:19 AM

WOW!! Congrats on your amazing success! You look wonderful. Your story is great motivation. :D

free1 12-10-2011 10:49 AM

OMG....You look absolutely AMAZING!!!!! I am speechless. This was so inspiring. Congrats on the hard work...Big KUDOS...you really deserve it.

PrairieGirl 12-10-2011 12:02 PM

Great job! You look fit and super happy!

Ladybug10 12-10-2011 12:07 PM

Congrats on reaching your goal! I absolutely love your bikini. Where did you get it? You make me want to try Zumba. I have it offered at my gym but I never get around to trying it.

RRB2 12-10-2011 12:52 PM

You look incredible! LOL on the mama doughnut, but I've met women who successfully got rid of it over the years. Good Luck!