3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   9 months and 56lbs gone forever!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/247454-9-months-56lbs-gone-forever.html)

NEMom 11-21-2011 09:54 AM

9 months and 56lbs gone forever!!!

2 Attachment(s)
I have been dreaming of the day that I could say I finally made it!
9 months ago I was 216lbs, I was unhappy with myself, my life and I knew I had to change it.
This has been a journey of self discovery. Not only did I shed the pounds but as they came off, I started finding me. For 20 years I had devoted myself to being a mother and a wife but I forgot about taking care of myself and at 41 years old (then) it was time to find me.
9 months later, I am still working on me but I am so much happier with how I look and feel about myself.
When I started I could not look at how far I needed to go, I could only look at losing 5lbs at a time. I made a commitment to myself that this time was for me and I was going to do it.
I choose calorie counting because it was free, easy and allowed me to eat pretty much what I wanted as long as it fit in my calories. After many broken promises to myself to begin exercising, at the end of July, I decided I was worth the effort and began getting up 5 days a week at 5:30 to get my exercise in. It was not easy but so worth it.
I started weighing myself once a week but now I weigh once a day to hold myself accountable and remind myself daily what my goal for the day is.
According to the BMI charts I am still overweight, however, I have new goals and they are to get fit and buff at 42. This summer when I wear shorts, I want the jiggle in my legs and arms to be replaced with muscle.
It has not been easy but I am so proud of myself for hanging in there. I cannot express my gratitude to 3fatchicks. Without all the love and support on this site I would not be doing the happy dance today.
I plan to continue on with my current food plan through the holidays to keep my eating in check.
I do not have many pictures of myself before so this one is from my daughters graduation in May 2010.
To all the newbies just starting, I want you to know, if I can do it, you can too!!!

Matilda08 11-21-2011 10:02 AM

WTG awesome job!!

thefrenchgirl 11-21-2011 10:04 AM

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment!

lulubellebc 11-21-2011 02:40 PM

Great job! Congrats on all your hard work, it has really paid off :)

rainydays 11-21-2011 03:11 PM

Big difference NEMom! You're looking really good!!! :broc: And I totally agree, 3FC makes a world of difference for me too :)

kristenmarieg 01-03-2012 10:10 PM

congrats!

cmwelp 01-04-2012 12:15 AM

you look so incredibly happy in the latest picture!! that must be an amazing feeling!! way to go :-)

melodymist 01-04-2012 02:32 AM

Well done :)

hilariousness 01-15-2012 06:56 PM

AMAZING job!!!! <3 you look good!!!

berryblondeboys 01-15-2012 07:24 PM

NEmomni have to share with you that every time I see someone respond to this thread, I think "wow, she just had a baby and she lost baby weight, placenta weight, extra water weight.... And so on...". And then I think, "man.... That's a lot of baby weight! Even I didn't lose that much when I had a baby." (I lost 38 pounds with mine both times within a week or two of giving birth.)

Then I realize, "oh, she was able to lose the 56 pounds in 9 months! I get it now!".

Weird me...

Anyway, congrats to you! You've done great! And you look great!

InsideMe 01-16-2012 07:20 AM

You've done amazing and looking great! :congrat:

leaningonthelord 01-16-2012 07:36 AM

great job!! you should be very proud of yourself!

PrettyMom09 01-16-2012 09:07 AM

Congratulations!! You look great!

dietcokehead98 01-16-2012 11:30 AM

Yay! Awesome job!

xJox 01-17-2012 11:06 PM

You are doing an amazing job. You look great!