3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   Reached my Goal and completed P90X lean (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/221171-reached-my-goal-completed-p90x-lean.html)

Ashley829 01-03-2011 09:15 PM

Reached my Goal and completed P90X lean

With 3 months of running/weight training and then 3 months of P90X I managed to go from 160 to 137. My goal was 140, but I plan to get to 130 now with the little bit of toning up I have left to do. But I planned to lose 20 pounds during my husbands 6 month deployment. He comes home in 2 weeks so I am happy to say I surpassed that goal :) Now the challenge of keeping the weight off and maintaining this healthy lifestyle begins.

I would post pictures, but I guess I am too new to post yet!

DaughteroftheKing 01-03-2011 09:52 PM

NICE!!! Yay congrats! What a great gift for yourself & your husband!

BadBBW 01-03-2011 09:54 PM

awesome job!! This is very inspiring!! I want to lose 42lbs in the next three months and I thought that was pretty unrealistic but you did 23 so I just have to do double what you did lol!!

theox 01-04-2011 12:36 AM

Awesome! Good job!

mca10 01-04-2011 10:06 AM

Congrats!

leona 01-04-2011 11:53 AM

Congrats!! :carrot::carrot:

ja2ma6lee 01-04-2011 03:04 PM

That’s awesome. I'm at your starting weight and want to lose close to what you have. I have the Insanity DVD’s. They are a little difficult right now. I'm doing cardio and weights at the gym till I'm strong enough for the DVD’s. I'm committed to 25 by the end of April. Thanks for the inspiration. :carrot:

jsutton 01-04-2011 03:27 PM

Congrats!
What about food? did you change anything? I'm new, hope to get some good tips.

Ashley829 01-04-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja2ma6lee (Post 3633186)
That’s awesome. I'm at your starting weight and want to lose close to what you have. I have the Insanity DVD’s. They are a little difficult right now. I'm doing cardio and weights at the gym till I'm strong enough for the DVD’s. I'm committed to 25 by the end of April. Thanks for the inspiration. :carrot:

Good luck! I actually did 3 months of running and weight training before P90X. I think that made it a lot easier to stick with. I had been running about 3-4 miles a day and then doing some weight lifting and ab work along with that. I heard Insanity is harder than P90X and I was thinking about starting that sometime in the next couple of months!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsutton (Post 3633234)
Congrats!
What about food? did you change anything? I'm new, hope to get some good tips.

Well, I already had been eating healthy for the past 2 years so I didn't make a change at this time. But I already had been eating all whole grain (pastas, breads, tortillas, chips, etc.), I eat ground turkey rather than ground beef, I drink tons of water, I don't drink any sodas and very little juices, I only drink unsweetned tea, I did work on watching my portions though. I used ************ and it really helped me out. Also, I read that eating almonds helps boost weight loss and green tea helps get rid of belly fat so I had a lot of those things. lol. Mostly I just worked on making sure I was eating balanced meals with lean protein and vegetables and watched my carb intake everyday and I rarely rarely eat sweets, for my sweet tooth I stick with fruits or yogurt.

JordanLeigh 01-07-2011 04:11 PM

Congrats!!, how did you like the P90x? im thinking about getting it and i wanna know the pros and cons first.

Ashley829 01-07-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanLeigh (Post 3639643)
Congrats!!, how did you like the P90x? im thinking about getting it and i wanna know the pros and cons first.

I loved it. I can tell I got so much stronger and more flexible. It changes it up enough so it doesn't get boring. You have 3 different program options so you can choose which best fits your needs. There are 12 CDs total and I plan to still incorporate some into my regular workout.

The cons I guess would be that it's 6 days a week so it's big commitment, but any weight loss is a big commitment. And by the last 2 weeks I was getting ready to be done, but it's a 13 week program and it kept my interest for most of the time because it changes up the schedule all throughout the 13 weeks.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get stronger and more fit.

JessandEmma2011 01-09-2011 12:29 PM

Cangrats! I'm finally getting working out into my weight loss regimen, and I hope I "love" it too!

JessandEmma2011 01-09-2011 12:30 PM

I mean, congrats, heehee!

Hawaii Bound 01-09-2011 04:11 PM

You're husband is a lucky guy!

lackadaisy 02-26-2011 03:25 PM

Congrats! That's amazing. I'm trying to get into shape a bit more on my own and will probably start the P90x Lean program in March.

Can I ask where you bought the P90x Lean system & what accessories to get (if any)? I"m so confused about how to do it.