3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   Never thought I would be able to say GOAL!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/220329-never-thought-i-would-able-say-goal.html)

Slim CB 12-24-2010 09:22 AM

Never thought I would be able to say GOAL!!

5 Attachment(s)
Well, I got a lovely Christmas present....I made GOAL!! While I appreciate that I did not have that much to lose to begin with, I am consoling myself that a loss is a loss and I am loving the changes I am seeing in my body.

I was always a chubby girl and struggled with weight issues from my childhood. I tried several methods to lose the weight - including the dreaded cabbage soup diet - but of course none of those methods lasted.

In my attempt to lose weight, I joined the gym 5 years ago and to be honest, I have never looked back. I love exercise and the way how it makes me feel - that rush, that feeling of accomplishment. However, I gained 32lbs while during those 5 years even though I was working out faithfully at least 4 times a week. I realized that the problem was my diet - I was eating healthy foods alright - just too much.

I made the decision to put a stop to it on May 19, 2010. I was fed up after seeing a picture of myself. I looked disgusting. I cannot even post my before picture here...i am so ashamed of how I had let myself go. On the 19th of May I went to see a nutritionist and he showed me what the proper portion sizes are...and since then I have not turned back. I have lost 34lbs and I must say that I am loving my body. Even though I was 166lbs in 2006 when I joined the gym, I am much smaller now than I was then at 164lbs. I have 6 more lbs to go (for vanity) and then I am going to focus on maintaining and toning.

I have attached some pics I took yesterday evening and even though I have some ways to go...I am proud of what I see....:D

Things I have learned:

1. Nutrition is key - fill up on filling foods such as veggies and whole grains
2. Eating 5-6 small meals helps to curb hunger
3. Exercise is important
4. Food journalling is a must
5. Having a food scale is an awesome tool to help track calories
6. Resisting temptation is hard but it CAN be done
7. It's ok to go off plan once in awhile, just as long as you get back on track right after
8. People DO treat slim persons differently but I think it has to do with an increase in self esteem and confidence on my part
9. Shopping for clothes ROCKS!!!
10. I am in love with myself!!!!

P.S. I added the before pic - look at the size of those arms!

joy3 12-24-2010 09:32 AM

Awesome! You look wonderful and the things you learned are priceless!

Vladadog 12-24-2010 09:37 AM

Congratualtions! What a great Christmas present!!!

BarristerGirl 12-24-2010 09:42 AM

Congrats! You look great!

joyfulloser 12-24-2010 09:44 AM

Congrats!!!:congrat:

llmw1951 12-24-2010 12:10 PM

Congratulations! You look Great!

pinkflower 12-24-2010 12:26 PM

you look great! Congratulations!!

Natoshial 12-24-2010 01:18 PM

You look Great! Every pound does matter in how we feel about ourselves and how we look. You did get the best Christmas present ever. I would love to have that same present next year.

WeightForMe 12-24-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

10. I am in love with myself!!!!
My favorite one! Congrats!!!

Rosinante 12-24-2010 04:26 PM

Congratulations on your Christmas present!

tytbody 12-24-2010 05:51 PM

BEAUTIFUL slim and congratulations. You really should post your before. It's not as *bad* as you think. And it's good to see where you came from so I can see where I want to go.

I'll have your body any day. Those hips, those legs, and the whole thing looking good.

Merry Christmas on your Goal. Seeing this does help people like me only dream about a decent body to post a picture showing my stomach.

send to me in email or something. come on, it's not that bad. And it will help me see how many months I can set a goal for myself with also.

Slim CB 12-24-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytbody (Post 3618969)
BEAUTIFUL slim and congratulations. You really should post your before. It's not as *bad* as you think. And it's good to see where you came from so I can see where I want to go.

I'll have your body any day. Those hips, those legs, and the whole thing looking good.

Merry Christmas on your Goal. Seeing this does help people like me only dream about a decent body to post a picture showing my stomach.

send to me in email or something. come on, it's not that bad. And it will help me see how many months I can set a goal for myself with also.

I added one....

GettinFit 12-24-2010 06:55 PM

Congratulations on reaching your goal.

matt_H 12-24-2010 08:47 PM

Great Christmas gift! :)

BellaLucia 12-24-2010 10:02 PM

Well done!