I Finished a Triathlon, Holy Cow!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • This was a really long term goal for me and even though I hit goal weight in December the journey continues. It's just a fitness journey now. I finished my first triathlon, after well , not swimming for about 20 years. It was the highlight of my post weight loss life for sure. I now really realize that truly anything is possible!

I'm having a hard time uploading pictures, I got a before but the others aren't working so I'll just link it to my blog post about it.

Remember we can do anything we set our minds to.

• Congratulations! I'm inspired.
  • My gift to you....if it was me I would def. buy one for every car I own.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/triathlon

That is so cool. You did good!!!
  • That is absolutely positively freakin' AMAZING!!!!!

I want to be you when I grow up.
  • wow you are trully an inspiration! Congratulations!
    thats one of my goals as well.
  • That's awesome..good job!!!
  • Quote: My gift to you....if it was me I would def. buy one for every car I own.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/triathlon

That is so cool. You did good!!!
    That's hilarious, I was looking for a bumper sticker! Thank you so much, that means a lot And Hubbie is getting a T-Shirt from there. His birthday is in 2 weeks, how perfect.
  • And thanks everyone, it was very out of the box for me, I am actually sort of the person I always wanted to be, it's an amazing place to hang out.
  • You're welcome. I kinda read your blog so I knew you were looking......But, I am glad you like it. Advertise it! You earned it.
  • Part of a triathlon came through where I work yesterday. For several hours I would watch runners enter and leave the parking lot. The ones that impressed me the most were the ones near the end. Despite how bad they must has hurt and how far away from the leaders they were...they kept going. In theory, I would love to try myself but I think it isn't likely in reality. Good for you!
  • Quote: You're welcome. I kinda read your blog so I knew you were looking......But, I am glad you like it. Advertise it! You earned it.
    LOL well that explains it! Thanks for that, my husband is getting a shirt
  • Quote: Part of a triathlon came through where I work yesterday. For several hours I would watch runners enter and leave the parking lot. The ones that impressed me the most were the ones near the end. Despite how bad they must has hurt and how far away from the leaders they were...they kept going. In theory, I would love to try myself but I think it isn't likely in reality. Good for you!
    I think you may be surprised with what you can really do. At this one, there was a lady over 60 who after losing something like 40 lbs was doing her first. She was still heavier than she wanted but was using the triathlon training as part of her exercise plan. She was last. Everyone clapped, yelled, and screamed the most, for he.
  • Good job, girl! You look great.
  • WOW! That's great to hear how far you have come. Most people have trouble with consistence and you obviously have persevered through your goals. Congrats!
  • you go girl
    congrats!