Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Goal! The long journey from 268lbs to 148lbs (Size 26 to Size 8)

Goal! The long journey from 268lbs to 148lbs (Size 26 to Size 8)

So my story is not new, I was a very active teenager and had no problem maintaining a fantastic body until I met my boyfriend (now my husband) my senior year of high school and threw my eating habits and exercise out the window. At 18 years old I went from an 8/10 to a 12 in my senior year. Then by the time I left community college to go to the university 2 years later I was a size 14. During my time in college I pursued a very stressful major, worked part time, was in a committed relationship and was broke as joke. I ballooned up to a size 24 by my wedding in 2004. After my wedding we moved back home and I started my career and I spent the first 18 months gaining a few more lbs and another dress size topping out at 268 lbs and a size 26.

In January of 2006 enough was enough. I’d had it with having to wear boxer shorts under my skirts to keep my thighs from rubbing together; I’d had it with spending an hour to choose something from my closet that didn’t make me want to burst into tears; I’d had it with one flight of stairs making me feel like I’d just ran a marathon; I’d had it with barely fitting into booths at restaurants and spilling over stadium seats; I’d had it with feeling like I was a trapped in someone else’s body and feeling completely humiliated every time I ran into someone who hadn’t seen me in a while.

So I joined Nutrisystem and a gym. By April I’d lost about 20 lbs. It was a great start and really taught me about portion control, but I knew that Nutrisystem was not a sustainable long-term plan for me. So I started trying it on my own with a plan that had me at about 1500-1800 cals a day. I lost another 50 lbs by October 2007.

At that point my husband and I decided it was time to start a family and we knew I had more to lose, but it was time. I got pregnant in November of 2007 and this was thanks to my weight loss. Prior to losing I had maybe one to two periods a year. To put it frankly, I was so fat I had stopped ovulating. I forget when my cycles started regulating, but without losing weight I would have never conceived. I gained 50 lbs with my pregnancy, not ideal, but it was what it was.

Once my son was born in August of 2008 I spent a few months adjusting to my new life but then I just kind of picked up my old healthy habits and thanks to what I had learned and nursing I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight by July of 2009.

At that point my weight loss stopped and I just maintained my weight until my son weaned in November 2009. Since it was the holiday season, I felt no rush to start my journey again until January 2010. At that point I started calorie counting. This method of weight loss opened up a whole new world for me. I learned all about portion control and how to eat what ever I wanted within reason.

By June 2010 I had lost another 30 lbs and was really starting to feel like I was a normal size. I started really learning about fitness, I was officially a runner and a strength trainer, I was learning all about whole foods and I was eating for fuel. My cravings for fast foods had just disappeared…I was a health nut and I loved it! It took another few months to reach my goal and some soul searching to determine what my goal was but on today, July 18 of 2010 I have reached my goal of 148 lbs – 120 lbs lost.

At this point I plan to continue on for a few more lbs to give myself a little buffer and I will revaluate how I’m feeling at 145 lbs. I think that will be the magic number for me and I will give maintenance a go for a bit while I train for a half marathon.

I hope to post some better goal pics soon, but below is a link to a pick from this morning and some from two months ago. So for any of you who are feeling overwhelmed bit it all, just stick to it – 4 ½ years later and I’m still here and I did it!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ml#post3393708
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Great job! You look fabulous in your other post
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

I am so impressed. My journey is just beginning but if you can do it so can I. You look incredible...I try to picture myself slim again and can hardly see it. I hope you will be a inspiration to me to continue on in my goals. My plan is to be healthy and feel energized again. I like your "health nut" plan. I would love to be a clean eater but need ideas of normal foods, not the unpronounceable overly grainy, nutty things. LOL. Let me know of some of your meal and snack ideas. I would love to hear from you

Last edited by JJ Canada; 07-19-2010 at 01:01 PM.
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #4  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

So inspirational! I love these goal stories - they give me strength to keep on plan!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

wow, major congrats! I'm really happy for you!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:18 AM   #6  
Zoë's Mommy

S/C/G: 300.2/295.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Woohoo!! Way to go. Biggest congrats. You are inspiration. Your dedication and drive to just keep moving on with the next journey. Such amazing feats you accomplished.
Zoesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:50 AM   #7  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

A lot of the goal threads are several years old & I think it's fun to post here since I've been following your story for a while. And I feel like I "know" you. You have done an incredible job and have fought the long, hard battle. I am so glad you are joining the maintainer fold and I have so much to learn from you.

You have been on this journey for 4+ years and have a lot to teach. And what I like about you is you are open to learning.

Congratulations and omg, you look smoking in your photos.

Please keep posting. I love to read what you have to say.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

ncuneo, you look absolutely fabulous. Seriously fabulous. So healthy and slim! Congratulations on making this big lifestyle change; you look like a million bucks and I bet you feel pretty good, too!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #9  

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Great story, thanks for sharing!
peace4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #10  
Am I skinny yet?

S/C/G: 173/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'8"

Awesome!
GenetJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #11