I did it! 265 to 149

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 149, one pound below my goal. It's taken a year and a half to get here, and I still feel that I could lose a little more. I think I'll just keep doing what I've been doing and let my body decide. I didn't think I would ever be able to get the weight off. When my health started to go I knew I didn't have a choice. I was overweight for 20+ years and until the last year and a half thought I would never get the excess weight off. I'm a calorie counter and I walk on the treadmill. I try to focus on vegetables, lean protein, some fruit and whole grains in limited amounts. I feel so much better with the weight off. I walk fast on the treadmill with it at 10.5 incline which has strengthened the muscles in my legs. It feels almost effortless to climb stairs now. I used to avoid them if at all possible because it hurt so much. It has been some work to get the weight off, but it is so worth it.
  • GOOD JOB!! I hope to be there some day myself...
  • that is incredibly fantastic, congratulations, it's inspirational to read!!
  • Awesome! Great for you. Reading success stories is such a huge inspiration to me!
  • Congratulations! You have worked hard and it has paid off! Way to go! Thanks for sharing you story to inspire others!
  • Congratulations! that's great.
  • Congratulations!
  • That's amazing! Congratulations! What an inspiration you are.
    Thank you for sharing and reminding me that it is possible.
  • Thank you for the inspiration!! Congratulations - you sound wise and dedicated to yourself and your health. Definitely something to look forward to. I've started inclining the treadmill myself so your story motivates me!
  • Congratulations! What a wonderful feeling that must be!
  • how exciting! thanks for the inspiration it can be done.
  • Congratulations H8Cake on your 116 LBS LOST! It's an inspiration to me. I have similar starting weight and goal weight. I have been discouraged at times but it helps reading achievements like yours to know it can be done.
    Not to Give Up but keep going. I had a bad weekend but need to get back on plan to reverse the weight gain from this weekend.
  • Congratulations! I remember when you were starting out. I am very proud of you! You truly are an inspiration.
  • Congratulations! You are an inspiration!