purpleorc says goodbye to 120lb forever (long)

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Thanks for sharing! I wish you the best! Amazing job!
  • Wow, what an incredible journey! You are a strong, courageous, tenacious woman. Thanks for taking the time to share!
  • Thank you for taking the time to post your story. It has really got me thinking. You had so many obstacles in the way but didn't give in. I'm about to start my journey and one day hope to be able to post a success story. The main thing going through my mind after reading yours is that as long as i keep focussed on my goal nothing, but NOTHING, can stop me.

Thank you so much for sharing
  • wow- reading your story brought tears to my eyes! I cant wait until I'm at the point your at! congrats on not only the weight loss but over coming the obstacles that could have gotten in the way but you did not let it! HOORAY FOR YOU!!!!! your inspiring and I hope you know you've made a difference in in my life just by reading your story!
  • This is an AMAZING story!

I truly commend you for losing all that weight, dropping 10 pants size numbers, and not giving up, even WITH MS. I know how difficult losing weight with MS can be, as my mom has MS, too, and only has a certain amount of energy to exercise. She also has to plan out her day really carefully as to not overextend herself.

I also agree that the ticker is a HUGE motivator. I couldn't wait to move mine, either!

You can feel free to post in the maintenance forum more, too, y'know. We'd love to see you there I'm recruiting you. We have cookies... errr... I mean, fat free, sugar free, calorie-less cookies
  • A big to all who have post such wonderful comments it is very kind of you. We all have obstacles in our lives whether they be health based issues like mine , social or psychological. They are all equally as difficult to overcome as mine.

I hope I have inspired others to over come their own obstacles in life whatever they maybe.
  • Thank you for posting that up. You have really come a long way and you are now face to face with your goal.

Do you find that your symptoms w/M.S. have improved with your weightloss? I have two sisters (one obese, the other overweight) with M.S. and am curious what the outcome has been.
  • Quote:
    Thank you for posting that up. You have really come a long way and you are now face to face with your goal.

Do you find that your symptoms w/M.S. have improved with your weight loss? I have two sisters (one obese, the other overweight) with M.S. and am curious what the outcome has been.

Unfortunately the symptoms I experience as a result of my MS have not changed. Though my mobility did improve somewhat not that I am doing marathons anytime soon Though I think people whom are very overweight like myself do start to experience mobility problems just because of the sheer weight your having to carry around. It does not make it any easier to walk when you are overweight you have a strange gait and walk with a kind of limp.

Though on a positive side I would be the weight I am now any day even though I have not alleviated any of my symptoms. Whether I am typical with that in having no change I do not know. I know that losing that weight must have been a big improvement generally with my health in every aspect. I am much happier now than I ever was and I would not discourage anyone with MS from doing so. It may not be so easy to lose the weight due to the exercise aspect side of things but it is not impossible. It may not change your MS in anyway but there is more to a person than just one facet that defines them. Knowing what I know now I would do this all again in a heartbeat.
  • thanks for the post
  • 120 lbs. lost is simply amazing!

You are my hero!
  • Wow you are amazing, Way to go and thank you so much for sharing your story. Big Congrats!!
  • Thank you for sharing your journey. I'm only 3 months and 36lbs into mine. Something in your story that really helped me is when you said that it took about 50 lbs of weight loss before there was a difference that others could notice. Thank you for that. I've lost 36 lbs and I can barely tell a difference (looks wise...of course I already feel 100 times better health wise), so obviously other people can't tell either. I feel a combination of disappointment, disgust, and embarassment. Sometimes I could just cry because I'm obviously so fat that a loss of 36 lbs is just a drop in the bucket and can go unnoticed. And if someone does ask if I've "lost a little bit of weight" I'm actually embarassed to tell them that it's 36 lbs that I've lost....because I'm sure they're thinking "oh look Amy dropped 5 or 6 lbs" and I feel like they think I'm lying if I say 36. Because you would think 36 lbs would translate into a noticeable difference in external appearance. Think again.

But again, thank you for that. Somehow that little bit helped remind me that if I keep at it the physical changes will eventually happen.
  • Thanks for sharing!!! You are truly an inspiration and I enjoyed reading every word of it.
  • Thank you for sharing - it's a very inspiring story :-)
  • I clicked on your story because you have lost the same amount of weight that I want to. After I read all the details, I have to say how totally impressed I am and just so proud of you (even though I don't know you, lol). You are such an inspiration. If people want to whine or make excuses, your story should shut them right up! AWESOME JOB!