Amanda's Goal Story - 133 lbs Gone Forever!

You're on Page 21 of 26
Go to
  • Lauren and ekidwell - thank you both!
  • Wow. Congratulations on everything you've accomplished! You both look absolutely beautiful in your wedding picture. You are truly an inspiration.

I noticed that you live in Davis. I will be moving to Davis very soon, and am very curious about the "vegetable box" you mentioned. Is this local in Davis? I'd be very interested in it if you have any information to give.

Thank you!

~ Sarah
  • Congrats on maintaining your weight loss, I am dying to try your recipes. Where are they????
  • I really liked the idea of planning the meals out. I think I'm gonna start that....today!
  • You have such an amazing story, thank you for being so detailed. Its nice to hear that someone who has succeeded had setbacks and overcame them. I know if you can do it so can i, and everyone else here! Thank You! and you look great!
  • Sarahlynn - you can check out www.localharvest.org, and look for CSAs...this will show you veggie boxes in your area. If you're in the Sacramento area, both "Farm Fresh to You" and "Eatwell Farms" have really great programs.

Beautiful - recipes are scattered throughout the board! You can find some in the "Maintainers Favorite Recipes" thread. Thanks!

AmandaMary - Planning was ESSENTIAL for me. It makes a ton of difference to not have to THINK about it at the time.

Byebyebelly - Thank you! Yes, there were challenges, and continue to be challenges, but it's so worth it! You CAN do this and it will be better than you ever imagined.
  • I love your quote "It's not about MOTIVATION, it's about COMMITMENT." I think it's wonderful! I hope to get to my goal weight this year! Congrats on all of you hard work!
  • What an inspiring story...Thanks for sharing and congrats!!
  • Discoloration - for me, it was very true. I can honor a commitment if I make it to myself sincerely. Motivation is fickle!

Babysteps - thank you - congrats on that first 10 lb milestone!
  • CONGRATS ON MAKING YOUR GOAL AND SHARING YOUR STORY WITH US.... Sometimes when i read all the sucess stories, tears swell up in my eyes lol (such an emo gal) but I feel so happy and optitmistic that i can lose the weight too! Thank you, thank you, thank you for being one of the people to help shed some light of hope for me *tear*
  • Thank you for that. I am over 300 lbs. I just know it. And everywhere I turn, I feel like it's someone or something telling me that I need to lose weight. My best friend just lost tons of weight and I feel like I am out there alone. After reading your story, I don't feel that way anymore. You are a great inspiration and I really hope that I can do it too. I am scared. I have been this big for as long as I can remember.
  • Crystal - thank you!

Maggie - you definitely are NOT alone! There are TONS of people here who have been or are exactly where you are. And now you've found us!
  • That is amazing. Thank you for sharing your story. You are such an inspiration.
  • Mrs Moore - thanks!
  • Yeah
    Congrats on your success!!!!!!!