3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   I'm 3/4 the woman I used to be! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/106965-im-3-4-woman-i-used.html)

Scuzin 03-12-2007 01:10 PM

I'm 3/4 the woman I used to be!

I was near the little fitness center I go to...and I knew it had been over a month since I weighed in, so I went into the locker room and stepped on the scale. I set the weight to what I had been last time...not balanced. I moved it down a pound or two. Not balanced. I moved it down four pounds. Not balanced. TEN POUNDS DOWN. Balanced. I stepped off the scale, set it to zero to make sure the thing wasn't broken. Nope. I now weigh 154 down from 210, which means that acording to BMI I AM NO LONGER OVERWEIGHT. Is this possible??? this is the 1st time since I was SEVEN YEARS OLD that I haven't been over weight and most of that was obese. I don't know what to do with myself!!!! I'm PAST GOAL! (although I think I'm going to reset it to give myself some cushion) This calls for a dancing carrot :carrot:

clvquilts 03-12-2007 01:19 PM

Wow Susan!

That's fantastic! What's your plan for keeping the weight off? - Something I've been thinking a lot about as I'm very close to my goal weight.

alinnell 03-12-2007 01:26 PM

First of all, congratulations!!!!

Both of you should start spending time in the Maintenance area. Those gals have been maintaining (some for 5 years) and have a lot of great ideas to share.

Meg 03-12-2007 01:32 PM

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Here's a whole bunch of carrots for you! :bravo:

And we'd love to see you both in Maintainers. :D

sharonrr 03-12-2007 01:46 PM

You must feel like you are floating on a cloud. I can't wait to be in the overweight category. I definitely won't know what to do with myself when I am at a normal weight. Look out victoria secrets.

nomorefatpants 03-12-2007 02:09 PM

Congrats!!!
:cheer2:

onmyown 03-12-2007 02:20 PM

Susan ~ that's AMAZING! ;) Wow! I can't wait until I get down there. Whoosh! How long did that take you? Were you are a certain program? Well, i'm moving down nicely but just started so I have to wait to do the carrot dance....or do I? haha! :carrot:

Tina

Scuzin 03-12-2007 02:50 PM

Actually its taken me only 7 months to drop the 55 lbs. Its kind of a complicated story. I moved to NYC to do a year of volunteer work. Part of that was a commitment to "simple living" which, among other things, means that I could no longer afford processed food. Another part of living here is having to WALK far more than I've ever had to before. All of that took off about 20 of those pounds. Then last fall I became ill. I still don't know how or why but one of the symptoms was a severly decreased appetite. 20 more pounds down. I was terrified once I recovered that I would pack them back on again so I've taken steps really be mindful of what is going on with my body. I've looked at the portions I eat, that helped. And to my complete suprise it turns out that I really enjoy jogging. (Though thanks to a nasty cold its been quite a while) So off came the last 15.

julzchiki 03-12-2007 03:31 PM

Congratulations! It's inspiring to know that weight loss can be done and success is worth the effort.

With spring coming, it's a perfect time to show off your new body with a cute springy outfit. :)

beautifulone 03-12-2007 10:13 PM

Susan, congratulations!! I can imagine how thrilling that must be! I can't wait to join the overweight and then healthy weight categories. Your post made my night :)

Your stay in NYC sounds intriguing. I'm curious, did you commit to this plan through a program related to your volunteering? I hope that's not asking too much information, it just sounds very interesting.

MsOnemoretime 03-12-2007 11:04 PM

Susan, you go girl! I grew up in NYC and walked everywhere, all the time. I am now living in South Florida and can barely stand to walk to the car, LOL. You sound like you have done it right by watching portions and getting exercise. I want to be just like you when I slim down. Congrats.

futuresurferchick 03-13-2007 12:18 AM

Congratulations!!! What an achievement. And you look great in your pic!

lilybelle 03-13-2007 01:11 AM

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your great news.

BlueToBlue 03-13-2007 01:55 AM

Wow, what a great surprise for you! That must be an awesome feeling! Post some before and after pics for us so we can really gush about how great you look!

Ladybug2680 03-13-2007 06:58 AM

Congratulations. I imagine you look awesome and feel that way too.