Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 562.3/404/195

Height: 6'3"

Default On to the longest part of the journey after losing 350 pounds -

I just wanted to give everyone an update. I have posted here for a good while and read the forum almost everyday. So many great people here and so many helpful ideas. I started my weight loss journey in May of 2004 after many failed attempts to lose weight. I knew I had to get healthy for my daughter and later realized I needed to do that for myself as well. I have had such an incredible journey to fitness. After 30 years of morbid obesity - I managed to lose 350 pounds with diet and exercise. I went from 562.3 down to 210 pounds. I started working out and my workout partner and I were picked as Houston's 2006 ultimate workout partners. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/4252719.html

Later as I continued my journey - I was picked to be in the People Magazine's 1/2 their Size issue. http://www.people.com/people/gallery...4881_5,00.html

My life has changed in so many ways. My daughter can wrap her arms around me. I coach her soccer team. We live active lives.

I got married last year to a wonderful woman that I had the biggest crush in high school. We had graduated together 28 years ago and I sent her an e-mail. We started talking and have been very happily married for a year.

As with anyone that is my age and having been over weight as much and as long as I had - I had major issues with a lot of loose skin around my lower body. I was contacted by The Learning Channel and with them filing the whole procedure and doing lots of before and after interviews - I got a lower body lift last Thursday. I am 6 days post op and doing great. I cannot believe it - I have a lap for the first time that I can remember in 30 years! As soon as some of the swelling goes down - I will post some after pictures.

It is a major dream of mine to help as many people as I can to either avoid obesity all together - or to help anyone that is obese to get their life back. I give talks at the program that I went in that included a medically supervised diet, nutrition education as well as behavior modification.

If I can ever help anyone - please let me know. [email protected]
Charles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Wow... simply... wow. Truly an inspiration. Thank you for posting!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing about your body lift, I have often thought about a tummy tuck but really am afraid of the surgery. Please keep us posted on the recovery process.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #4  

Thanks for the very kind reply! Here is a picture of my wife and I taken a few months before the surgery...

http://picasaweb.google.com/cfscott/...52177082079666
Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #5  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Your story is so amazing. You are truly a hero- facing adversity and what feels like and endless struggle to become a healthier you... just phenominal. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #6  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Charles, thank you for sharing the details of your journey. You are inspiring. I wish you the best in this next phase of your journey.

Ti'an
Daffy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #7  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Charles -you are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #8  

Amazing, you make me speechless (and ask my husband, that's pretty hard to do ). You are my idol!!! Honestly, you are one of the individuals that I search out on here because you give me so much motivation to keep going and get the job done. After all -- if you could stick it out and lose 350 pounds -- there is absolutely no reason I can't get rid of 100!!

Congratulations on your marriage -- she is absolutely adorable and you make a very nice couple!!

Hope you have a quick recovery and get back to your "new routine" soon!!

Will you be on the Learning Channel soon??
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #9  
I can do this, yes I can!

S/C/G: 273/260/180

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Wow!! Beautiful picture and you are such an inspiration! Stories like this keep me motivated. Congrats on all your success and I look forward to seeing after pictures.

Kim
hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Amazing, you make me speechless (and ask my husband, that's pretty hard to do ). You are my idol!!! Honestly, you are one of the individuals that I search out on here because you give me so much motivation to keep going and get the job done. After all -- if you could stick it out and lose 350 pounds -- there is absolutely no reason I can't get rid of 100!!

Congratulations on your marriage -- she is absolutely adorable and you make a very nice couple!!

Hope you have a quick recovery and get back to your "new routine" soon!!

Will you be on the Learning Channel soon??

Thanks for the reply - I am sure you will be successful in your journey as well. I am not sure the exact air date yet - within the next month or so I am sure. I will post as soon as I get the exact date.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Charles, you inspire me! I have a considerable amount of weight to lose and my body is screaming that it needs to get healthy. Hearing your story makes me think that it is attainable. Thank you for sharing your photos and your latest body lift.

Congratulations on this spectacular accomplishment! Awesome!
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

Wow, this is so inspirational to me. Thank you so much!
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #13  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Charles, I have read your story before, and I have to say I am amazed and inspired each time I read it. I started with a similar weight as you did, and as of today I am down to 478lbs in 64 days. I have averaged a 1lb per day loss so far and know I have a long road ahead of me, but with people like you sharing your journey it gives me hope, and I know I will be the next success story. I want to sincerely thank you for posting your story and making it public.

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

Go Botzz! You can do it!
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 350/279/185

WOW!!! An inspiration to say the least....Congrats!!!
TakingBkTheTrumpCard is offline   Reply With Quote