Goal Photo Album If you've reached goal, please share your before and after photos to help inspire others, and show off your new body!

Old 07-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #46  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Wow! What a happy day! Just looking at your before and afters is such an inspiration and then I keep reading and see what you have overcome and it is simply amazing. Beyond inspiring. I am so happy for you and you look fabulous.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #47  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Absolutely amazing! You look wonderful.
I must admit when I see before and after pictures I still tell myself there is no way i'll ever look like that.
But, i'm gonna give it a damn good try!!
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:13 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I also think you look just great at 135 and don't need to go further. What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it with us!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:41 AM   #49  
Never give up

S/C/G: 168/161/128

Height: 5'1.5"

Wow lily, congratulations! I am so happy for you and your story is, yes, amazing. You are just what I needed today, as I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself, feeling I'll never get to the weight I want...blah blah blah...I am getting off my butt right now! and getting to the gym...where I will do something that moves me closer to my goal...and yes, that's something that came up in these posts that I have to think of more seriously, setting and really aiming for a goal, instead of just saying...oh, I want to lose weight. Thanks for the inspiration and, again, congratulations!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:13 AM   #50  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

First of all... WOW! You look simply wonderful! I know how proud you must be of your achievements.

I can also imagine how proud your family must be. The look on your husband's face in the first pic shows how much in love he was then, and I know that the same look will be in the 'after' pic, with maybe a little more 'relief' on his face, as he is no longer facing a life without you. He must be overjoyed with the transformation, not because you look better, but because you have given yourself another chance at life.

You definitely look younger, and don't believe for one minute that that is ONLY because you were ill in the first pic. That may be some of the reason, but I believe that you would look younger anyway. People constantly tell me that I look younger now, and I never really saw how that could be until I saw your pics today.

You are just radiant and glowing in your recent pics. The joy on your face almost makes me want to cry with happiness for you. I also have to say that I love the 'poses'. I find myself wanting to pose for cameras (and in front of mirrors and when I see my reflection in windows... sad huh) all the time now, whereas I would have been busy looking for something or someone to hide behind before. I am glad I'm not the only one who poses with pride now.

As far as the weight goes, I think that you look just perfect at 145. That is lower than my goal weight and we are very close to the same height. I am 169cm, which is just over 5 foot 6 and a half I think, so close enough. Of course, the final decision will have to be yours. People tell me I look fine where I am, and I know I have loose skin etc, that accounts for some of the extra weight, but I would still like to lose a little more so that I have breathing room for those little fluctuations. So, I am glad you have decided to settle where you are for the moment, but only YOU will know when you are at the weight you will be happy with.

Finally... I am just SO happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #51  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone so much for taking time to look at the pic's and read my story. It has been a long journey, but I can't say that I haven't enjoyed it. Yes, it is hard, but it is also worth every minute of it. Worth every junk food I passed up. Worth every minute of exercise. Worth every glass of water that I chugged down. It is just my way of life now. I am happier and healthier and an easier person to get along with. I smile more often and laugh. I pose for pic's and look at myself in the mirror. For a long time there, I couldn't look in a mirror without crying. My DH said that the biggest change in me is that I am always ready and up for a challenge now to go somewhere. I hid in the house for the last few years. But now, if anyone is going somewhere, I'm right there with them. I have came out of my shell and am getting so much healthier mentally just getting to get out and enjoy my life. No longer waiting to die. I have a handicapped sticker, but now I park at the back of the parking lot and let someone have that space, because I don't need it anymore. Yeah!
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #52  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow! You look great! Congrats on reaching your goal!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #53  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

you look fabulous lily!!! congratulations!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #54  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Congratulations girlie, you must feel fantastic!!! You look GREAT!!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:57 AM   #55  
lilybelle

Thanks so much to each of you for helping me along the way. Having all this support means the world to me. Just knowing that I wasn't having to go it alone made the journey funner and more rewarding.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:00 AM   #56  
lilybelle

Zelma your pic's are incredible and have been a great inspiration for me. I have looked at them often and showed them to my DH.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:03 AM   #57  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Awsome you look so great! How long did it take you?
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:12 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Wow Lily you look GREAT!!! You look so much younger and happier!!! Your photos are such an inspiration as I'm seeing progress and wondering if I'll ever really, really get to where I'm hoping to! I know I can...and people like you help me see that everyday that I get to come to this great site!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

lillybelle.. what else can i say to you that you haven't already heard??? You look like you feel great! I am the weight you were and i have pretty much the same ultimate goal as you.. i am worried that i will have alot of saggy skin afterwards.. but you look great..was that an issue for you?? I swore when i lose all this weight and have if I have any saggy areas I will get some tucks to be rid of that extra skin... i will deserve it... congrats to you... continued happiness.. Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #60  
lilybelle

Jtjoray, those children are absolutely beautiful and look so happy. I love their little smiling faces. BTW, it took me 1 yr., 1 week and 5 days.
OneKim, you're doing great and yes, you will get to where you're going. It's not always real fast but it does happen with persistence and determination.
slimkim, I had actually been worried about losing weight for fear the saggy skin would be really bad. It isn't as bad as I feared. My boobs were saggy to start with, just rounder when they were fuller. I want to have a breast lift. I went from a DD to a C and I'm happy with the size. I have some loose skin on my arms but not as bad as I thought. Same goes for a very small spot on upper inner thighs. I'm not sure if I will have anything done to the hip/ thigh or arms. I don't wear sleeveless clothes usually. What's really surprising is my tummy isn't saggy and I just knew it would be. Everyone tells me I have a flat butt now and I never did before. The weight came off my face, neck and hips and legs very quickly. Even with the looser skin in spots, I am much happier with my body than I have been since High School. I would like to say that since I have had so many previous surgeries, that I may not do a thing, and just be happy with the body that I now have.