Rewriting my Personal History

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • When I was in Colorado last summer visitng my mother, I swiped a picture she had on display in her living room. It was taken about eight years ago at my brother's wedding on a horribly hot day in September. My currently 15 yr old son had no idea who that fat woman in the picture was! We scanned it into the computer when I got home. I got cleaned up and took a new pic of myself, and with the wonders of Photoshop...voila!

Here's Mel, her thin mom and skinny sisters-in-law (June 2000):

Here's my new version of history:

And a head shot from about a year ago- January 2007:

Mel
  • That is amazing Mel! (Both your technical skills and your weight loss!)

So how many pounds was that? You look so much happier!
  • Ha! Love it! You look great
  • Awesome! Now we'd like a muscle pic
  • That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • You look great. Another inspiration. I love how you can "re-write" history like that.
  • Mel, I just can't believe that's you! You went from frumpy housewife to gym diva!! You lost 60 pounds ... and 10 years. Got any more pix to share?
  • Wow! You don't even look like the same person. No wonder your son didn't know you.

We are all writing our history today. I'm glad you will be part of my history.
  • Awsome! Thank you for sharing your pictures. I'd love to see more.
  • WOW, you look great!
    That really is amazing, congrats
  • wow that is great.... I was like "hey how come they all have the same clothes on???"
    duh!

great job!!!!
  • Wow Mel, like others have said no wonder your son didn't recognise you!! You look awesome... I also want to see muscle shots ...
  • I want to see the muscle shots too! You look great Mel!
  • OH my gosh--that is so funny!

I have a whole big load of pictures I want to send to you in a few months to do some work on, ok?
  • WTG Mel!!!