73 pounds down before and after!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Just put a bunch of Before and After photos on my blog! 73 pounds down counting bites, and still counting! Works!

http://countyourbites.blogspot.com/2...unds-down.html
  • Great job and oh man... to have the metabolism of the young! I wish!
  • Amazing Achievement. Thank you for sharing.
  • Congratulations!!
  • Nice job Ahna, you look beautiful
  • Congratulations!! You look fabulous!
  • So how many bites do you take? Just curious.
  • Thanks everyone!

Quote: So how many bites do you take? Just curious.
    I eat around 45 bites a day to Maintain my wieght and 55 on weekends. Some weeks are more or less than this. IF I ate a low calorie diet, THat number would probably be double or 1 1/2 that amount? I eat alot of calorie rich food.

You can read more on my blog in my Maintenance and Weight loss blog posts how many bites I eat...

http://countyourbites.blogspot.com/2...i-decided.html
  • Wow! How interesting! I've actually never heard of counting bites! You look AMAZING!!
  • Ahna, you look amazing! Interesting idea, counting bites instead of calories. It was a long journey, and you did it.

Congratulations!
  • Very interesting, never heard of the "count bites" method! Probably some would find it odd to use a tally counter during meals, but hey, if it works! I am tempted to try this myself! You look fantastic - great job!!
  • Wonderful achievement! Way to go!
  • !!! I've never heard of this method either. Glad you found something that works for you.
  • After some research - and reading your blog, ahna! - I see there is an iPhone app for counting too, Eat Slower Pro. Cool! I downloaded it tonight and played around with it... I am going to try this!

I was raised to eat huge portions quickly, and as an adult I got into the habit of mindlessly eating in front of the computer or the TV. A bad combo that led to me being over 100 pounds overweight, and later a binge eater.

This appeals to me because it is very low cost (even free!) and has no built-in food group restrictions. All foods are ok, as long as you gradually restrict how many bites you take. No complicated calorie tracking, points tracking, carbs tracking... really very little writing at all.

Nothing extreme, just slow and easy weight loss =

Congratulations, and thank you!
  • Interesting concept. Glad it's worked for you. Dunno if it'd work for me but I will keep it in mind.

Funny, tho, you don't look that big to me in the before pics. I would not have thought you needed to lose 73 pounds as that is what I need to lose and I am only about 20 pounds away but I still feel big.