140 lbs down - Hit Goal 18 April 2012

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • Very inspiring!
  • Crazy Inspiring
    This is just crazy inspiring. You're amazing.
  • Wow Ishbel - YOU ARE beautiful!! What an accomplishment to lose all that weight in one year. Congratulations and i know you inspired others, me included.
  • Thanks Peeps!

I was able to run...I just went to the gym and jumped on the treadmill and decided "lets see what this body can do".

I did 20 minute run, 2 minute walk and a 20 minute run. With warm up and cool down 55 minutes. I ran at 4 miles an hour for the entire time of both 20 minutes. It was AWESOME.

Now I'm waiting for my leg to heal (another minor surgery)...I'm chomping at the bit to do it again...who would have thought I'd be that excited to run.

It feel great and I felt powerful.

I LOVE IDEAL PROTEIN! (in case your wondering!)
  • O, my word WOW!! WOW! WOW!

You look amazing! I read your reply's in this thread. Did you weight lift while you were losing or did you get your toned look only from your past skiing?

I hope your leg heal fast.
  • Quote: O, my word WOW!! WOW! WOW!

You look amazing! I read your reply's in this thread. Did you weight lift while you were losing or did you get your toned look only from your past skiing?

I hope your leg heal fast.
    No, I didn't do anything specific during my IP journey.

I think I was blessed...my mom lost a lot of weight too and when she flexed her calf muscle she looked like a body builder, you could see the definition of a few different muscle groups...wish I had taken a picture at the time. I don't think I knew how blessed I was until I recieved all the compliments on here....didn't know I looked that toned actually.
  • WOW WOW WOW! You look phenomenal!!! Vroot-vroo hot momma!
  • Congrats! You look awesome!
  • Congrats Look forward to your posting april'13 about your maintenance . Yeah You!
  • Hey ladies! Thanks for the comments, I like to come back here for a little focus boost!

Still running, planning on one today, I was told I looked like a gazelle on the treadmill the other day.

I found the girl in me and now wear sundresses! Who would have thunk!
  • Congratulations! Fantastic job!
  • You look incredible! Well done!
  • maintenance?
    I'm impressed at how healthy you look! How has it been now that it has been a few months?
  • You are a beauty - I so admire you and your dedication to getting healthy!
  • Quote: I'm impressed at how healthy you look! How has it been now that it has been a few months?
    I thought I'd wait a few days to respond to this as today is my two months maintenance anniversary, that doesn't include the month it took me to phase off. It's not much, but it's something.

I find my anxiety level on the scale has greatly reduced as I see a natural swing of my weight. I'm still journaling, I use an iPad app "my net diary", based on a recommendation from KatMarie (she has goal pictures on here). One of the options is to look at your 'progress' and you can see the swing of my weight. I'm usually my lowest on the morning of my fun day (Sat) and then bounce back up. Sunday is Phase 1 (requirement as per maintenance plans, IP isn't the first diet to have a strict day during the week), then the rest of the week is Phase 4 and it usually takes a few days to see my weight start to come back down and I'm the lowest again on the morning of my fun day.

I'm consistently running 2 times a week, testing for 3. Right now I'm running between a 5.4-5.6 on the treadmill (I think I might be about 12-13 runs in now) with the last five minutes 6.0-6.7 and I do this for 40 minutes, but add in a 5 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down (so total workout is 50 minutes). I haven't added strength in yet, not sure when I will add that, but I will!

So far so good! I'm planning a vacation this summer, this will be the test! But I'm already planning my strategy for when I'm away and what I will do when I'm home.

thanks for the comments!