3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal Photo Album (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album-200/)
-   -   140 lbs down - Hit Goal 18 April 2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album/257536-140-lbs-down-hit-goal-18-april-2012-a.html)

psychedout 09-30-2012 09:32 AM

You are amazing! You look incredible!

skinnyT 11-10-2012 09:01 PM

How inspiring!! Thank you so much for sharing. Im on week one I hope to have a story like you in a year!!! :)

Spicylyfe 12-29-2012 03:13 PM

Awesome!! you give me hope!

BerkshireGrl 12-29-2012 10:23 PM

WOW!!! Ishbel, wow! :carrot:

Happycat89 01-01-2013 04:38 PM

Wow! You look amazing well done! :-)

Mozzy 01-04-2013 12:08 AM

Congrats!!!

Ishbel 01-17-2013 09:42 AM

So I haven't posted in here since my 3 months aniversary (WOW), it seems to me that I'm keeping this thread around to use as an 'update' and I'm not sure who is reading it but by keeping it updated once in a while seems to be one of the things that's keeping me on target. I'll try to do better then every 6 months LOL

I do come back here on 'tough' days and re-read what people have said, it really boosts my energy!

SO today is my 9 months, if I was preggers I'd be due today HAHAHA.

Today is 9 months in maintenance and I weighed in at 159.2 (158.6 yesterday). Amazingly enough, thats exactly where I started maintenance (in the 50's). Really I hit goal at 164 and started to phase off, so I've been 10 months fluctuating between 5-6 lbs....which to me is sucess.

I've been working HARD at getting my weight lower (had a few days up at 166/165 - around Christmas ). Right before Christmas I said "self, your fun days will not be on regular schedule therefore the normal # of days between fun days won't be 'normal' so it will take you a while to get back to 'normal schedule and fluctuation' after Christmas. You have until 17 Jan to get your poop together".

I have been eating very very very specifically and very very light (only the regular one day of Phase 1 day), last two weeks have had two nights of fish and two nights of scrambled egg whites with veggies and I'm choosing not to have carbs some nights for supper (I still have my after supper fruit). AND, it's shown up on the scale right on time. I've been very careful these last two/three months because of my hips, I have not been exercising or even walking due to the pain so I deleted 150-200 cals from my diet and I'm now 1300-1500 intead of 1600-1900 per day.

I was running 10 km runs and getting in at most 35 km a week at the least 20ish km a week - ended up with bursitis in both hips. I just had a cortisone shot which I'm not sure has 'helped' but in general it's settling enough that I may attempt to go walking at the gym tomorrow

I am inspired DAILY by EVERYONE on 3FC. I go to TOPS on Wednesdays so that's my mid-week check in, I plan my meals sometimes two days in advance. I track my food still AND I track my daily weigh ins. I can use the program so make a bar chart of 9 months and I see the fluctuation and it helps keep me confident that what I'm doing, I'm doing it right (for me). I come on here...I POST! Posting is part of accountability to me, I wish more people would post so I could have more to talk to! lol

I need plans, and when I need one, I need it now I cannot wait for someone to give me the plan, I must make it myself and see if it will work for me. That doesn't mean I don't come on here and find others plans and adapt them. Having a plan calms me, if I don't know what I'm eating (or going to eat) I get irritated and frustrated and life is not pleasant for me.

I have been on target in the past, I am on target today and I am planning to be on target tomorrow.

Thanks for all your generous comments over the last 9 months they've really helped keep my confidence high.

Ojenchilada 02-08-2013 03:20 PM

People are still reading this thread and loving it -- so please don't stop udpating! Throughout my up-and-down weight loss history, I have wondered if anyone other than Jared Subway manages to maintain weight loss. It's hugely inspiring to watch you (and some others here to 3FC) do exactly that.

NorthernChick13 02-08-2013 04:18 PM

I second that! i love hearing about your journey both through your loss and now your maintenance! You are so inspiring! Thank you!

marlenesuer 02-14-2013 09:56 AM

Wow. :)

Amazing, amazing, amazing ...

Ishbel - this is sooooo inspiring.

You rock girl! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4594494)
So I haven't posted in here since my 3 months aniversary (WOW), it seems to me that I'm keeping this thread around to use as an 'update' and I'm not sure who is reading it but by keeping it updated once in a while seems to be one of the things that's keeping me on target. I'll try to do better then every 6 months LOL

I do come back here on 'tough' days and re-read what people have said, it really boosts my energy!

SO today is my 9 months, if I was preggers I'd be due today HAHAHA.

Today is 9 months in maintenance and I weighed in at 159.2 (158.6 yesterday). Amazingly enough, thats exactly where I started maintenance (in the 50's). Really I hit goal at 164 and started to phase off, so I've been 10 months fluctuating between 5-6 lbs....which to me is sucess.

I've been working HARD at getting my weight lower (had a few days up at 166/165 - around Christmas ). Right before Christmas I said "self, your fun days will not be on regular schedule therefore the normal # of days between fun days won't be 'normal' so it will take you a while to get back to 'normal schedule and fluctuation' after Christmas. You have until 17 Jan to get your poop together".

I have been eating very very very specifically and very very light (only the regular one day of Phase 1 day), last two weeks have had two nights of fish and two nights of scrambled egg whites with veggies and I'm choosing not to have carbs some nights for supper (I still have my after supper fruit). AND, it's shown up on the scale right on time. I've been very careful these last two/three months because of my hips, I have not been exercising or even walking due to the pain so I deleted 150-200 cals from my diet and I'm now 1300-1500 intead of 1600-1900 per day.

I was running 10 km runs and getting in at most 35 km a week at the least 20ish km a week - ended up with bursitis in both hips. I just had a cortisone shot which I'm not sure has 'helped' but in general it's settling enough that I may attempt to go walking at the gym tomorrow

I am inspired DAILY by EVERYONE on 3FC. I go to TOPS on Wednesdays so that's my mid-week check in, I plan my meals sometimes two days in advance. I track my food still AND I track my daily weigh ins. I can use the program so make a bar chart of 9 months and I see the fluctuation and it helps keep me confident that what I'm doing, I'm doing it right (for me). I come on here...I POST! Posting is part of accountability to me, I wish more people would post so I could have more to talk to! lol

I need plans, and when I need one, I need it now I cannot wait for someone to give me the plan, I must make it myself and see if it will work for me. That doesn't mean I don't come on here and find others plans and adapt them. Having a plan calms me, if I don't know what I'm eating (or going to eat) I get irritated and frustrated and life is not pleasant for me.

I have been on target in the past, I am on target today and I am planning to be on target tomorrow.

Thanks for all your generous comments over the last 9 months they've really helped keep my confidence high.

marlenesuer 02-14-2013 09:59 AM

... Ishbel's ENTIRE thread should be required reading for newbies ... :D

Great work! Congrats!

:bravo:

betsy2013 02-14-2013 11:37 AM

Thank you so much for sharing -- especially going through the decision on surgery. I have no problem with people who choose that option, but like you, coming up with the money was going to be a BIG challenge for me. You look wonderful and I love the ring idea!

Desafinado 02-17-2013 07:12 PM

We have the same birthday. I knew I liked you! LOL

Ishbel 04-18-2013 01:38 PM

Hey,

Not sure who's reading the entire thread but I've been trying to put an update on here once in a while. Almost like a little mini blog I guess (no way could I have the time to update a blog daily or even weekly - glad others do because I read theirs! :D)

So today is 1 year (18 April 2013)...today I've hit the milestone of long term weight loss. WOOHOO, YAY ME!! :)

When I first started IP I wrote down my wishes (something Dr Beck tells people to do). I wrote "why did I start this" then I updated it with "what's better about my life now" and then I added "how much work did you put into it to get this far"

Today, I added to my poster

1 Year maintenance! and the following is what I added:

- long term weight loss - I feel a HUGE sense of accomplishment, I am proud of ME! :)
- I managed my emotions yesterday, I have managed my emotions so far today and I plan on managing my emotions tomorrow.
- accept the situation and play the cards you are dealt
- conquer or crumble - attack the little bit NOW
- believe when others doubt

I'm pretty stoked that I weighed in 4 lbs below my goal. I have followed the rules of maintenance as prescribed to me, 1 fun day followed by 1 Phase 1 day...I have fluctuated this past year within 5-6 lbs...with a little spike after Scotland that was fixed by 3 days of Phase 1 (the most I've done in maintenance).

Good luck in whatever weight loss efforts you take, I know KNOW Ideal Protein worked for me. It helped me learn it was ok to say no, that there will always be cake. It helped me learn to listen to my body (didn't know I was gluten sensitive or lactose sensitive until I started Phase 4.). It helped me change my lifestyle. It helped me learn there is no better time then RIGHT NOW to change...don't wait till Monday. It also helped me learn a bit of self compassion goes a long way. Forgive yourself quicker, no sense beating yourself up! (I work on this everyday, it doesn't come easy to me but I'm better at it today then I as yesterday and much better then 2 years ago...it's like learning the piano, it takes practice).

I've also learned that other ways to lose weight work for other people...they just didnt work for me. How I lost weight and how I maintain are my personal choice and that's 'ok'. :) If it's working for you, KEEP DOING IT!!!

Joanne M 04-27-2013 06:23 AM

Congrats. I am so proud of you.

Happymomof2 04-27-2013 09:06 AM

You look AMAZING!!! Congratulations!

WestLAgrl 05-02-2013 10:10 PM

You look wonderful.
And that you for sharing!
Thank you for inspiring.

I loved your ring story, and I think I will borrow your idea :)

hawndragon 05-03-2013 01:24 PM

Fantastic!

You are so beautiful and inspire me. Fantastic journey and accomplishment. Thank you!!! Way to go!!!

Dane74 05-08-2013 11:48 PM

HOLY SNICKERDOODLE... You look amazing!!! Awesome job. :)

belovedspirit 08-05-2013 12:28 AM

Congratulations, Ishbel! and thank you for sharing your story! Thank you for the inspiration and reassurance that it can be done. :)

Lily Wu 10-20-2013 01:25 PM

Woah! you look fantastic!

I still can't believe I went a year without a chocolate bar!! ---> this is exactly what I want! :D

Ishbel 02-28-2014 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all your wonderful comments.

I know I posted that I would try to keep this updated but I've been a little busy growing a new human. My plan in the last year was to get married and start a family, it happened quicker then I thought.

It is an emotional rollercoaster to lose from highest weight 151+ lbs and then turn around and actively be ok with GAINING some weight back. Thankfully I have a good healthy lifestyle now. I was running, I love LOVE to run but needed to stop running at the beginning of my pregnancy and then was advised to stop walking for a while. So now I use Leslie Sansome's "WALK AT HOME" programs (I have five of her videos) to try to maintain some of my fitness level. I also do prenatal yoga.

I have also announced to my husband that we will be buying a jogging stroller for my use during my maternity leave. Looking forward to going for walks outside...this winter in Canada REALLY sucks this year. I'm usually an outside winter activity gal but this year it's SO SO cold and I'm too scared of falling that I haven't been outside enough. It has an effect on moods for sure.

Here is a picture of me at 27 weeks.

fatchicslim726 04-06-2014 04:51 PM

Amazing!

Paulitens 04-07-2014 10:30 PM

You look AMAZING! Congratulations!!

maleficentpie 05-26-2014 02:12 PM

Such a pretty woman!! Congratulations on your hard work.

tvizz 05-26-2014 04:01 PM

Wow! You look amazing and it is so inspirational. I'm just starting out and I've already been nervous about keeping it off so it is great to read about you. Thanks for sharing!

healthyin2015 12-26-2014 03:41 PM

What a wonderful success story! Thank you for sharing!

Terra1984 06-04-2015 09:26 AM

You look AWESOME, Congrats on reaching your goal.

kim_taylor 09-01-2016 03:57 AM

sharing your pics guys is really something that also motivates me, for sure not only me right, but also the others that is starting up

kim_taylor 09-01-2016 03:59 AM

I agree to you

nikkinicole 09-27-2016 11:08 AM

You may not be posting here any longer but I am fully inspired by you. I can't describe what I felt when I saw the pictures and read your story. Amazing. Truly. I hope you are doing well.

Ishbel 09-28-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkinicole (Post 5281020)
You may not be posting here any longer but I am fully inspired by you. I can't describe what I felt when I saw the pictures and read your story. Amazing. Truly. I hope you are doing well.

Hi there :) thanks for this post. I'm actually still puttering around and trying to carve out sometime to post an update :)

nikkinicole 09-29-2016 09:46 AM

I look forward to hearing the update! Hope you are doing well!!!

Ishbel 04-19-2017 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,
Yesterday was my five year ‘goalversary’ and actually my 41st birthday. I decided to carve out sometime and post an update for those of you looking for some before and after and five years down the way. During my five years I’ve maintained my weight quasi. I had a baby in those five years and I’ve had a tummy tuck. I did NOT think I’d be here in five years posting an update, just typing this is feeling a little amazeballs.

So I met my goal on the 18 April 2012 and maintained for a 1 ½ years. I married in May 2014 (met husband prior to weight loss). I then got pregnant and ended up with gestational diabetes. I had trouble keeping my blood sugars UP which confused everyone including me but doesn’t necessarily change my diet focus. I ended up having to eat a lot of carbs so that I didn’t have low blood sugar and pass out. As a result of that I gained 70 lbs while pregnant :eek: but the end was full of joy with a beautiful bouncing baby girl who inspires me daily and makes me happy. I managed to get rid of ‘baby weight’ by May of 2014.

During my initial 1 ½ years in maintenance I had been approved for a tummy tuck and knowing I was planning a family I delayed it. So once I was at my goal weight again I re-visited the plastic surgeon and was pleaslantly shocked I did not have to be re-approved and could schedule my surgery at any time. I decided on the 29 Jan 2016. So on the morning of 29 Jan 2017 I had an extended tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo contouring. The insurance only covered removing the skin so I upgraded the package’ to include the MR and LIPO. Looking back I would do it again but only once, so I’ll never do it again if that makes sense to anyone. It was painful and a long recovery. Quite honestly it was easier having a c-section and a newborn with all the hormonal and life changes.

Currently I’m working out about 4-5 times a week. I really enjoy free weights and running and plan on doing a fitness competition with two friends as a team. The competition includes: - sandbags, box jumps, kettlebell lift, tire pull, obstacle course and tire flips. I'm excited to do something with fellow friends. I'm also planning on a half marathon this September. Although I have yet to register (but I will!) ;)

I'm quite proud that I have "maintained/lost baby weight" throughout my five years given all the obstacles I've put my body through. I'm thrilled with how strong I am physically and eager to see the changes that fitness brings. For once in my life I want a six pack and I will get it.

Currently I'm supplementing about once a day with a shake (ISO YUMMY) and a half of a banana on days that I work out, usually in the afternoon as I work out right after work. If I'm in a rush (#momlife) I will grab a quest bar but I prefer not too. Also of note I had cake on Saturday and half a cupcake yesterday for both my birthday parties.

Here is one of my rather intense workout pictures I asked someone to take. I have seriously stepped up the fitness and just in the last two days have had people notice that my body has changed. I have not lost weight but due to my fitness my body weight has been re-distributed. This is encouraging to me and I'm thrilled with someone randomly noticing.

GOOD LUCK! This is so worth it, so SO worth it!

survive2020 12-02-2020 04:47 PM

Congrats!

How amazing! Congrats! This is just the motivation I needed to burn some of this Quarantine and Holiday weight!

HealthKick 12-29-2020 12:46 AM

I am so impressed by everyone in this forum, and today,by you. This is amazing, and you look incredible!