200 pounds gone

You're on Page 10 of 15
Go to
  • Hi Kat Marie: I need your help, I have a nephew who is about to turn 26 years old on Thanksgiving day and his current weight is almost 400lbs and he just cannot seem to do anything about his weight and I am 206 with extremely high blood pressure I would like to know what you did to lose your weight I was thinking that maybe me and him can help each other lose weight together because doing it by yourself can be terrible, any advice would be much appreciated.
  • You are so stylish! Love the haircut to go with the new you
  • My calories started around 1500 and eventually got down to 1200. I didn't have cheat days or cheat meals and did my best to stay on plan all the time. Not to say I didn't mess up sometimes, but I didn't let one wrong bite turn into a whole meal or day or week of bad eating.
    Degamom...I didn't do anything special. Truly. I just ate healthy food and calorie counted. Added in exercise later. Light to moderate exercise. Healthy food, which for me means fresh vegetables, lean meats, fruits, some dairy and low carb. I stay away from things like pasta and breads. I didn't treat it like a diet at all. I treated it like the way I was going to eat for the rest of my life...and it worked. I still eat clean, and I love it. Every once in awhile I'll have a bakery item, or a not so healthy meal choice, if we go out to eat, but it's the rarity. Junk food is not allowed in my kitchen, even after the weight loss. It doesn't feel like a sacrifice anymore. It truly does become a lifestyle...as corny as that always sounded to me, lol.
  • That's incredible, Congratulations!!! You look awesome
  • So inspiring congrats to you!!
  • You look amazing, Such an inspiration.
  • KatMarie I am echoing everyone else's comments when I say you look wonderful. I would like to add that you look 20 years younger!

I saw some other before/after pics on this forum, and they are amazing, too!
  • KatMarie thank you so much for sharing your story, and continuing to respond to everyone's questions! It really helps shape the whole journey. This is the first time in years that I am going to seriously attempt to make a change and not just half-a** it; reading stories like yours make me think I could actually do this. Well done you!
  • You are amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • You are such an inspiration! I have 131lbs to go and looking at these before and afters really help make me feel it is possible. I am off to stalk your posts to look for tips!
  • Quote: You are such an inspiration! I have 131lbs to go and looking at these before and afters really help make me feel it is possible. I am off to stalk your posts to look for tips!
    My first stalker…so excited! lol
    I'm glad I can inspire. So many have inspired me on 3FC, too.
  • Congratulations! That's an awe-inspiring accomplishment!

Note to self: It's possible. You can be next
  • Katmarie-

You look amazing- add me to your fan club.

FWIW- I use the same iphone app as you do and i really love it. It can be a pain to log everything, but it helps with accountability and tracking tremendously.

Keep up the good work!
  • Wow, you look amazing! I have about 125 pounds to lose and this has motivated me and helped me realize that it is possible. Thank you for sharing.
  • Yes, it is possible and y'all can do it too! I've been maintaining for a couple years now..so it is possible to keep it off, too.