An unusual GOAL post

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • Congrats Elaina!! You look fabulous and your story is wonderful!
  • Congratulations it is a truly wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it.
  • Wow look at that beaming smile!!! I love it!!! EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!
  • Congratulations Elaina. I don't know who the original inspiration was, but now I'm taking the quote and I'm going to always credit you. "A year from now you'll be glad you started today." I started on my birthday (October 13) and one of my goals is to stay on plan for a year. I'd love to reach my goal weight by then, but I'll be proud no matter what on that day as long as I know I gave it all I got and stuck with it.

I'm having a bad day, not that I've gone off plan or anything, but I'm feeling down and just sorry for myself. I decided to get on 3FC and browse in hopes of finding something to cheer me up, and now that I've read this goal post, I'm feeling better already. I want to be writing a post just like yours in a little over 11 months.

I've stayed on plan 26 days as of today and that is by far a personal best. I have to give 3FC and all the wonderful people who post on here credit for helping to make that happen. I get on here everyday and read so many things that make me want to keep going. You, and robin, and so many others give us all encouragement, advice, hugs and empathy, and obviously inspiration and it's making a world of difference for me.

Congratulations on a year of success and best wishes for another!
  • Congrats Elaina! That is a lot to be proud of!
  • WOW! This was an AWESOME post. I can relate to your story in sooo many ways as I'm sure so many of us can. It is truly amazing to see what calorie counting can do with a little bit of persistence!

Thanks for posting!
  • Quote: Congratulations Elaina. I don't know who the original inspiration was, but now I'm taking the quote and I'm going to always credit you. "A year from now you'll be glad you started today." I started on my birthday (October 13) and one of my goals is to stay on plan for a year. I'd love to reach my goal weight by then, but I'll be proud no matter what on that day as long as I know I gave it all I got and stuck with it.

I'm having a bad day, not that I've gone off plan or anything, but I'm feeling down and just sorry for myself. I decided to get on 3FC and browse in hopes of finding something to cheer me up, and now that I've read this goal post, I'm feeling better already. I want to be writing a post just like yours in a little over 11 months.

I've stayed on plan 26 days as of today and that is by far a personal best. I have to give 3FC and all the wonderful people who post on here credit for helping to make that happen. I get on here everyday and read so many things that make me want to keep going. You, and robin, and so many others give us all encouragement, advice, hugs and empathy, and obviously inspiration and it's making a world of difference for me.

Congratulations on a year of success and best wishes for another!
    My birthday is 10/11. I am the ultimate definition of a Libra, always the mediator.

I like to come look at stories and pictures when I have a bad day too. It was very motivational to me a the beginning but also very unreal. It didn't feel possible for me. The pictures really helped make it real and doable. I was never sure if I could ever post a made-it-to-goal post but I knew I could post an I-made-it-a-year post.

I'll look for yours 10/13/11.
  • Oh Eliana, I am SO happy for you. Look what you've accomplished! Just look!!

I love how you analyzed your past attempts, found the flaw and fixed it.

I find you incredibly inspirational and incredibly wise. What a pleasure to have been witness to your transformation(s). Love how you keep tweaking and keep evolving.

Congratulations for making your commitment stick. Oh and the wonderful, ensuing weight loss that's come from that commitment.

Looking forward to seeing what year #2 holds in store for you.

ETA: Oh and funny about the birthdays - yours in 10/11, mine is 11/12. And my daughters birthday is 11/9.
  • Wow - your point about sticking with it even if the scale goes up down is so simple, and yet so powerful! Thanks for sharing
  • Whoohoo! Congrats! This is super inspiring and makes me really realize that I'm in it for the long haul; no matter how quickly or slowly the scale may move. =)
  • Congrats congrats congrats! You are seriously an inspiration. You've done so much in a year, I can't wait to see where I'll be in February (when it'll be a year for me). Honestly, you're amazing, good job. <3
  • Amazing! I love this goal. I'm going to use it too. I just started getting on track a couple of weeks, so this will be perfect. Thanks You!
  • You look awesome! Keep up the good work. Love the blouse it looks great on you.
  • You are awesome. Incredibly awesome. I'm SO freaking glad that you reached your goal. You look INCREDIBLE and i bet you fell incredible to. Enjoy your new body. Never look back.

oh yea. and celebrate till you can't no more. you deserve it
  • A huge congratulations!

You have an excellent way of telling your story, it was a joy to read. It especially shows what a strong person you are and how you choose never to give up. Well done, you deserve the health and beauty you've achieved.

Thanks for sharing your story, you're extremely inspiring.