3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal Photo Album (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album-200/)
-   -   Well I did it (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album/183537-well-i-did.html)

RRVMMM 10-06-2009 11:53 AM

Well I did it

2 Attachment(s)
I haven't posted on this site for a very long time, but I do come in and read and still look at all of the goal pictures. I have to say that some of you here have been my biggest inspirations. When I started my journey 3 1/2 years ago I weighed 276, I hit my goal of losing 101 pounds over the summer and since then have lost another 9 pounds to be at 166 today. The other day I was looking at my "fat" picture and my daughter asked why, I explained to her that I still feel the way I look in that picture so she insisted that we take some pictures. LOL, I guess I dont look like that anymore. The first picture was taken about 3 months before I started trying to lose, the second picture was taken last week. I know that the second one isnt full body but you can still see the difference. But I wanted to ask everyone that has hit their goal, do you ever feel different?

JulieJ08 10-06-2009 12:07 PM

You look great, the difference really shines through. Love your after pic.

Sometimes it just takes time to get used to your new size. I think it usually takes at least several months, and can certainly take a lot longer, depending on where you've been and how you got here. Just keep enjoying each day. :)

mrhighnotes 10-06-2009 12:12 PM

You are a inspiration. Thanks for Sharing. You look great!

whip1 10-06-2009 01:11 PM

Wow you look amazing congrats!!!!

Matilda08 10-06-2009 01:17 PM

congrats you look fab!

Civakas 10-06-2009 02:44 PM

You can tell there is a huge difference even though the second photo isn't a full-body shot. Congrats!

Alana in Canada 10-09-2009 02:31 AM

Congratulations! You sure don't look like that anymore--your daughter is quite right! Have you read Passing for thin by Frances Kuffel? She has many eloquent things to say about changing one's image while the body shrinks.

You look so wonderful--and at peace, somehow. Serene.

Thanks for posting. You are an inspiration.

better health3 10-12-2009 06:31 PM

Wow! Congrats on all your hard work. You look stunning.

cheerios 10-12-2009 07:13 PM

hmm do we have models in 3fc now =)

rosetta 10-12-2009 10:04 PM

congrats

leeway 10-12-2009 10:07 PM

Thanks so much for posting with your amazing transformation - you look gorgeous! I now have another success story to inspire me and keep me on track with my eye on the prize. You certainly have achieved yours!

As far as the image mind set - I just was thinking that it seems to work both ways. I know that I ( and probably a lot of others here) didn't quite comprehend how big I had gotten - in my mind I wasn't that heavy and hadn't put back on all the weight I had lost. Then I had the moment of truth and here I am.

Maybe that's what's happening on the other side - you can't really "see" what everyone else does - here's hoping your "AHA!" moment comes soon - keep looking in the mirror - take more pictures of yourself ( and with your daughter) and then embrace who you are on the outside now - a nice compliment to who you have always been on the inside.

RRVMMM 10-13-2009 09:18 AM

Thank you guys for all the great compliments. Alana, I had to laugh at your comment on looking "at peace", I think perhaps divorce has something to do with that. Not only have I lost body weight I have lost extra baggage 180 pounds of rear end. And please no "I'm sorry to hear that" its a wonderful thing for me. When I started losing weight I started seeing things for what they are not what I want them to be. For me weight loss wasnt just about getting a new body it was completely assessing and reassessing my life, figuring out who I am who I want to be and where my life is heading. My weight had a lot to do with other areas of my life and I had never realized that before.

Judy Lynn 10-13-2009 10:56 AM

Wow! Sounds like your whole life has undergone a transformation. Congratulations!

bayouchica 10-13-2009 12:38 PM

Congratulations! You look fantastic.

I've heard that it can take anywhere from 6 to 8 months for our body perception to catch up to reallity. You'll get there. Just stay positive and enjoy your new healthy life.

Natoshial 10-13-2009 12:53 PM

You look awesome!!! Thanks for posting the pics. They are really inspiring.