40 lb lost! Photo time... (lots!)

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • My story is already in the goal thread, but I thought I'd post the pictures in the photo album!

Before
    (188 lb, 39.6% body fat)

I haven't looked at these pictures in a long time, and WOW. That was some pretty strong denial going on.

After
    (148 lb, ~24% body fat)

Still have some curves, which is fine by me! October 2007.

Me being a dork for the camera. This one was at 151 lb and 26% bodyfat; I've lost since then so this isn't a final photo, but this picture was a huge ego-boost for me because I could actually see a bit of muscle definition coming in! August 2007.

It's nice to look at a picture and feel like I would blend into a crowd, size-wise. September 2007.

Happy because I have a chin again! Hallowe'en 2007... And oh, wow! I didn't feel the need to crop the picture halfway through my arm like I used to always do to make me look skinnier!

...and again, Hallowe'en. I think this is my favourite picture of myself of all time. Never thought I'd be saying that about a new picture!

Now, on to maintaining & continued toning, woo... 3FC, it all happened because of you!

EDIT: It's been awhile since I updated, and I'm 6 lb lower (and 4 years older!) than I was in the last photos, so I figured I'd drop in and give an update. I'm working my way toward a lower goal this time, 135 lb instead of 148 lb, where I maintained for a few years.

My husband and I celebrate our first anniversary. Isn't he handsome? I was ~144 lb here.

And, this one is from the other day, at 142 lb, 22% body fat, flexin' my abs in an oh-so-natural way :P

Can't wait to post an update once I reach my new goal!

Thanks so much for the continuing inspiration, 3FC!! You all rock!
  • What an amazing time line of photos!

Wow, your face changed so much over 40 pounds -- you still have those adorable dimples but what happened to the chubby cheeks? They're gone! And with your beautiful eyes, you honestly look like a model now.

Congratulations again on your fantastic achievement. After seeing your photos, I definitely agree that you made the right decision to call "goal" now and join us in the Wonderful World of Maintenance.

We're so proud of you!!
  • Those are incredible. You look so gorgeous!!! And I'm totally jealous of your curves!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!
  • Beautiful! You have done fabulous work. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
  • WHOA, you are SO beautiful!! is that guy your boyfriend? if so, he is beautiful, too! I'm actually amazed at how slim you look at 151 pounds - I'm almost 2 inches taller than you and I looked MUCH fatter at that weight

Good work. And once again, you are GORGEOUS
  • you look amazing!!!!!
  • great job w/your weightloss journey......you look simply beautiful......but u know.......you were beautiful before too......just not as comfortable w/yourself......but you're a beauty......take good care.....and most of all...feel good!.
  • Wow...you look so confident now! In addition to that, I've got to say that my first thought of your NOW pictures is that you look like a model! You're gorgeous. Congrats on reaching your goal!
  • Wow. You look amazing!!!

And you do look very slim at a weight I look heavy at (I'm roughly 5'5"). Do you do a lot of weights?

Awesome job!! Keep up the work.
  • Maalisse,
    You look fit & fabulous! Glad you decided to maintain because this weight looks ideal for your body type, an athletic build suits you to a T. Killer curves are essential for a woman and I wouldn't be without mine either. Work it girl, because you have got it going on! You are simply stunning.....
  • You're gorgeous!! And you look amazing.

• You are Stunning! That last photo wouldn't be out of place in a magazine.

Congratulations on the weight loss! I am looking forward to getting down to your weight.

Wow
  • HOTNESS!!! You look FAB, miss!!! Wooooooweeee!!!

Yay for curves, you look amazing!!!
  • You are so hot, it's silly!

, Mal.
  • Thanks for sharing your photographs. You can definately tell you have lost the weight looking great. Enjoy your success and be proud of how far you have come.