General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/274/145

Height: 5'4

Post ediets? mayo clinic diet

has anyone tried ediets' mayo clinic plan...i was looking at it on the mayo clinic website and it looks like a fantastic weight loss lifestyle change. I'm on the 2nd week of south beach and am dying for fruit and some crackers...so a change would really do me good..let me know if anyone has had success with ediets...thanks
silvergirl21701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergirl21701
has anyone tried ediets' mayo clinic plan...i was looking at it on the mayo clinic website and it looks like a fantastic weight loss lifestyle change. I'm on the 2nd week of south beach and am dying for fruit and some crackers...so a change would really do me good..let me know if anyone has had success with ediets...thanks
You know after the first 2 weeks of South Beach, you can start incorporating some fruits, right? Also, I believe, some whole grain products like breads and such, so you can probably have maybe some fruit on a slice of whole-grain toast and still be "on plan."
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:22 AM   #3  

silvergirl, I have been on eDiets express (the meal delivery service) for a few months now and have lost well over 20 pounds. Sorry I don't know about the eDiets Mayo Clinic diet but the meal delivery has been great for me if you're interested in going that route. I have tried the others like Nutrisystem and Medifast and this one is by far the best.
monami1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #4  
JCI

monami1978,
How do you like the express meals? I believe they ship them to you weekly, does it work well and do they taste good?
JCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #5  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCI
monami1978,
How do you like the express meals? I believe they ship them to you weekly, does it work well and do they taste good?
So far I still enjoy the meals, taste-wise they are a million times better than Nutrisystem and forget Medifast completely (I can't live off shakes and bars). The ediets express meals are as good as something I would cook myself and I don't know whether the "fresh" thing in the marketing is absolutely true but it certainly tastes that way. I recommend it to almost anyone I talk to, another friend of mine started it about a month ago as well and has seen good results. And to tell you the truth, it is not much more expensive for me than buying groceries and of course now I don't have to cook. Since I started this program I've only cooked a few times and that is because I had guests over.
monami1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #6  
it's always something

Do you mind if I also ask a question? I considered eDiets Express but didn't place an order because they don't offer a vegetarian option. Also, they don't allow you to customize your first order, you have to accept their chicken and other meat entrees. Once you are in the program, do you have a large selection to choose from and is it easy to change your meals? Are there plenty of meatless options available at that point?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote