General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #31  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Have you tried replacing the lite with anything? Makes me wonder if maybe you need a little more calories to get you losing like crazy!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:54 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Yea team,the scale moved in the right direction!

2.5lbs down!! All day yesterday I was saying outloud,and mentally.."I do not want to see that '3'...since i've been yoyoing around that 230 mark..started at 236 (gaud that's the first time i've EVER shared that info.with anybody)..so all day I'm saying this..I better not see that 3..or else! And when i got on,and saw the number moved down down down..both my councelor and myself said ALL RIGHT. If it hadn't moved I was marching in with a few ideas to change..regarding the bars,and my color etc. I did have a opp.to ask what determines my being in purple,since a girlfriend (you guys)is red,and we're about the same weight yadayada...anyhow,she explained because I'm basicially healthy in all other areas,I excercise,and a whole bunch of stuff which Im not sure about anyway. I ran out of the bars today,and have 3boxes coming..but I did tell her if I dont' see continued success, I'm going to quit the bars,and reajust..she said ok..so here we go again..I'm taking the very expensive fish oil tablets but that doesn't always prove to be effective. will keep on..pressing forward,focused,determined,and for goodness sake not so SERIOUS when i see a number I don't like. Thanks for being here,and I am so glad this post has helped others to see that not everyone drops every week even if their op. I'll try harder to remember that myself. Today i started my 3rd.wk. and I've lost abit over 8lbs. so I've no reason to whine. thanks for being here kiddo's,you have all helped me very much. Now,to figure out how to move my thingie on the bottom..another day. Take care.
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:53 AM   #33  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Focused--congrats on the loss and what sounds like a successful talk with your COD. You will find what works for you--it just takes some time. On the EFA's, I'm not sure what they said they would do for you but the BIGGEST change I've seen from them is how amazing my skin and hair look and feel. The EFA's are like the super omegas and have a lot of health benefits (according to my niece who is working on her degree in nutrition). I'm sure there is something comparable at Walmart--some one here can probably tell us what they get. Good luck.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #34  

Hello all,and welcome to my world of yoyo...geezO,since I last posted I was down 2plus something, then I went down another 1/2 overnight..Thinking I had finially turned the corner. .haha. Went back over the weekend,carrying the whole weekend with me (if you know what I mean..)and of course weighed in at a 1lb.gain.. that was monday..and right now,I look like I'm 8months pregnant,and with a no-go. The la person says I'm not eating enough..I understand all about that going into starvation thing..but don't think my body thinks its starving..My body just wants to go! I'm not cheating with bad choices,but occasionally I have a extra veggie,or fruit..but that is rare rare,and it's never junk food,or the 'wrong' stuff. But My goodness,my body is all out of wack on the bathroom routine,and i do not know how to fix it. Tomorrow when I go in I just know what the story is going to be,and I dread it.. if it wasn't for this problem I'm having I'd be in pretty good shape. I'm losing according to the plan..but its up/down/up/down and I think all because of this..I take those little pills,and prunes,and it's still a 'no go'..no pun intended. Last time I went in they gave me a guy to check my progress..(I had told them I prefer women only my first day>) but I wanted to get in and out so I went ahead,nothing like talking to a guy about going to the bathroom...geesh. I asked could it be that "the bars" are causing me this problem? and they gave me a sheet of fiber foods..Hello? I'm eating a total of 7 veg/fruits a day!I am leaving on vacation in a week,and it would be sooooo nice to have this plan,and my body on the same page...I'm still focused,and committed,but this sure as heck puts a big ol'pain in my cheery attitude. Anything else anyone has to suggest to my pity/whiney,but serious situation that I might try,I'll certainly give it a go. Take care,focused~
Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #35  
Katie

YES!!!! The bars could DEFINITELY be doing that to you. If I were you I would stop using them for a week and see what happens. What color plan are you on now? Also, totally cut out the artificial sweeteners from your diet. They cause me to have terrrible gas, bloating, and constipation. Go to the health food store and buy a box of Stevia packets to sweeten your coffee and stuff. Stevia is a root, it will not give you any side effects. I know you are miserable right now, but this will get better, I promise.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #36  

Hi Katie...thanks for your kudo's on the bars..I went in today/weigh in..and still lost a 1/2 lb. even tho i haven't gone in several days! I know I'm following the program..My councelor said to do this: eat a prune juice/apple/conconction..twice a day/bake a apple/drink the tea 2xday/and go to 8 of those pills per day..I'm doing all of that but NOT eating the bars..I was able to 'move' today..buthey..(I want the regular to return to my life..we will see. I have a week b4 my dream cruise..and I at least want to go to the bathroom! But even with allthis...i am losing! Geezlouise. She told me to 'walk' I do..she said drink water..I'm over my prescribed intake..I leaving those bars alone for a few days,and waiting to see what happens..Of course this happens when I just got two new boxes for my vac.trip...which come in handy when your on the road...especially in Europe where I'm going..oh geewiz..I will be happy with the one size looser clothing..and do my very best to keep it that way while I'm gone...anybody here been on acruise before..let me tell you they feed you well..this will be a true challenge...my goal is to come back without weight gain..to loose would not be realistic. laters.FOCUS...
Old 07-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #37  

Hey everyone..how do I change the smily face on my tracker?..i'd like to inch it downward..tried to do it but i'm missing something..advise pls. thank you
Old 07-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #38  
Katie

Go to User CP, click on Edit Signature, that page will have a box of script on it that you put there when you made your tracker. In all of that jibberish is the numbers that you put in originally. Just replace the 231 with the new number, save it at the bottom of the page, and it is done!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #39  

Wink

Thanks Katie! My weigh in today was up + less than a quarter lb.gain Who knows what that is about,but I'm not worried (too much)..It seems this body of mine is resisting weightloss..although I guess 9 lbs.in a month isn't too bad,but certainly isn't what I expected. I stopped the bars a few days ago,wanted to see if my body would work better without them. I'm having a heck of a time eating as many mini meals a day as I should..don't know how you all do it. And Katie,you've lost over 60lbs! I think I need a little more win-win (lose-lose) on my chart to keep me in this fousedandstrong mode. Maybe I need to focus on patience too. Today was my last day to check in while gone on vacation. I'll be going to Europe and be gone for 3wks.My goal is to maintain.I think It's unrealsitic to set my goal to lose weight while visiting several countries..BUT,I will not go hog wild either ..I plan on watching what I eat carefully,but still enjoying the foods of that particular country. I think the walking will off-set any extras..I'm not going to wish/or say hope as in "I hope I don't gain, Or I wish I wouldn't have gained",or eaten that etc. I know,and believe that I am still in charge of what goes in my mouth no matter what planet I'm on. I accept that responsibility fully.
That being said, I had to return 2 blouses I bought for my vacation because they were too big I am down one size on top..of course it's the top..eh??? NOW I need to address the bottom. I'll be around for a few more days,and plan on checking in with all of you~Take care,Focused~
Old 07-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #40  
Katie

Focused, hope you have a great trip! Believe me, it has not all been easy, but oh, so worth it. It has been easy for me to eat meals and snacks all day though, because I have a daycare, and I feed the kids on a certain schedule. I eat when they eat, just not what they eat. I think that everyone needs to be on a bit of a schedule. Anyways, have a ton of fun, and we will see you in a few weeks!
Old 07-21-2006, 11:00 PM   #41  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Focused--WOW 3 weeks in Europe!! How exciting. I'm sure you'll walk your legs off and heck you have to try the local cuisine! I know trying to lose on vacation is next to impossible but I say enjoy your trip, do the best you can and if by chance you gain a few just work your tail off when you get home. I don't know about you, but for me this would be a once in a lifetime trip so enjoy!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:35 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Focused - Enjoy your trip to Europe!! I agree with what's already been said. Do the best you can. This IS a vacation! Try new things while you're there, for this great opportunity!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #43  
Britt/LAWL~Red

ohhhhhh no fair can i go in your suitcase??? Well I went back in 1998 to London for a month with some side weekend and day trips to Wales, Scotland and Paris as well as various parts of England. But my main time was in London itself which by the way I LOVED!! and I did walk everywhere!!! I lost 20 lbs while i was there i think for two main reasons A) I walked everywhere and B) i drank water like it was going out of style my lips always felt dry lol. Anyway you will have a FAB time and cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!!! If you are going to Wales do me a favor and have a savory cheese baggette for me yummmyyyy!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #44  

Hi gang! Well, the bag is packed..stuffed actually..shoes take up so much space! However I did pack some workout gear,the ship has a gym..and i will be in it daily..promise. I'm pooped,and excited..it's going to be a long haul tomorrow from Oregon to Washington DC to Amsterdam..whew! Thanks so much for being here with me these last few weeks.. I am bringing my laptop,and hope I can check in..My new clothes are mostly in one size smaller, so even tho I've had the ups/downs with 'going',and yoyoing on the scale..the inches do tell the tale..thank goodness. Take good care everyday..we are worth all this effort..and pls. see a new thread I'm going to post,it's about two really neat books I'd like to share..hugs..focused(and brave)
Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #45  
Katie

Have a great time!!!