3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Ddr (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/88007-ddr.html)

CassyCat 06-28-2006 02:53 PM

Ddr

Hey all.
I know exercise is tough and all.
But I found this really fun and easy way to do it.
Its a game called DDR, or Dance Dance Revolution (for XBOX and PlayStation2)

It comes with a mat, and a game disk.
The matt has 4 arrows on it. That you step on to match whats displaying on your tv screen.
The game counts your calories burned.
Its VERY challenging, and you dont know youre actually exercising until you read the calories burnt at the bottom of the screen.
The more you do it, the easier it gets, and before long you'll be burning 60 calories per song.
It has different modes, such as Beginner, Light, Medium, and Heavy.
I'm on Light, myself, I havent gotten quite past it yet.

I just thought i'd let everyone know about this, its a very fun game, and you can play it with your family. And its a great way to exercise.

winkie03 06-28-2006 03:08 PM

cassy, it's so funny that you mentioned this. i just did this last wed and friday and had the time of my life!! You're right....it's very fun and you don't even realize you're exercising. I was playing for about a hour and a half before I got tired. It truly is a fun way to sweat and burn calories!

PygmyPuff 06-28-2006 03:38 PM

Woo!

Omg I LOVE DDR!!! :D Lol. I'm a Light/Standard girl myself. I just bought a PS2 like a month ago mainly so I could play DDR at home. I now have some other games, but DDR is still my favorite. What I love most about DDR is how it doesn't even FEEL like exercise. I'm so concentrated on getting as many "perfects" and combos as possible that I don't even notice that I'm sweating!

I also love the music itself. Sometimes I'll find myself singing along as I play.

Speaking of singing along... does anyone have Karaoke Revolution? I just bought it. It's so fun for parties! You can even hook up your dance pad and sing/dance at the same time! :carrot:

~Amanda

CassyCat 06-28-2006 03:44 PM

Amanda-

Its great, aint it =D. I cant seem to get to standard though. Youre right about the combos and perfects, it challenges you to have fun, thats why its a great exercise. I wish I had Karaoke Revolution, it looks like it'd be fun too.
I've got DDRmax2 and DDR Extreme... Funny enough, DDRmax2 is harder than the extreme lol

Tomkyn 06-28-2006 03:47 PM

My BF loves DDR. I'm very uncoordinated and I get frustrated fast (though I'm so good at Guitar Hero) You do burn calories and work hard on this game. I have a friend who plays 2 hours a day and has been losing weight really well.

winkie03 06-28-2006 03:50 PM

amanda - i have the karaoke revolution! tons of fun! i didn't know about hooking up the dance pad at the same time!! i'm gonna have to try that!

cassy - we have the same versions of ddr!! fun, fun, fun!!