3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Rationalization... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/87320-rationalization.html)

stiesta 06-20-2006 11:05 AM

Rationalization...

Okay, friends. I am really sore from my exercise yesterday and am sitting here trying to justify not exercising this morning. There is no PHYSICAL reason for me not to; I know it's all in my head. So I am soliciting you - what is your typical rationalization and how do you conquer it? I am great at justifying everything -- from the food I eat, to what I buy, and why/why not to exercise. I think I need to figure out how to get past it. Thoughts?

austinmom 06-20-2006 11:16 AM

Hey,
This is how I rationalize exercise... I feel so much better afterwards when I do, I burn more calories, and I am creating muscle...
As far as feeling sore, muscle is created by fibers tearing and rebuilding stronger, so when I am (reasonably sore), I think, I built muscle today. Sick and twisted maybe, but it works;-)! Besides, when I get skinny again, I would rather be lean and muscular than "skinny" with no muscle or endurance!

Sue1968 06-20-2006 11:28 AM

I think just focus on how great you feel after you work out; its weird how you can feel the difference afterwards. I now many nights after I work out I am exhausted and sore -- but I tend to lay down a bit (I have a water bed) and let the warm bed make my muscles feel better -- perhaps if DH is home have him give you a massage

I think even though we are still struggling to get to our ideal weight, the benefits of exercising cant be compared ... call your trainer and let him know how you are feeling and even just by going to the gym you took the first step.

Good luck! -- on a side note sunday we had a family bday cake -- and there was one candle that wouldnt go out -- I blew it out from across the table -- thats a first!!! Exercise makes the difference! Hope that helps

PURPLEPIRATE99 06-20-2006 11:32 AM

Okay, I will say this. The last time I was really sore and couldn't hardly move certain parts of my body - I called my PT to see if I should come in or just wait an extra day?? - He said - come on in, so I did and guess what - he worked the soreness right out - Not only was I not as sore, but I had the endorphins and all that exercise feel good when I left - do it girl!! it will make you feel so much better!

40poundsago 06-20-2006 11:44 AM

I agree with PURPLEPORATE99 I went to the gym with my sister sunday night. she exercizes like she is a nascar racer. I on the otherhand am a sunday driver. LOL! but She motivated me to try harder, I was unbearably sore Monday morning, but went to the gym anyways, I hate to break routine. I did only do 15 minutes on the elloptical compared to my normal 30 and then I did wieghts. I felt great yesterday, I had so much stamina, I thought I could do anything. it is such a great feeling!

When I need some encouragement to justify going when I am extra tired in the morning, I just tell myself I will never get my 10,000 steps in for the day if I don't go. My 9 year old loves to point out how many steps I take in a day, and I always get a "GREAT JOB MOM!" from him when I make there.

stiesta 06-20-2006 12:02 PM

You girls are so great -- I just got off the treadmill. Only did 30 minutes, but I do feel so much better. Thanks! :hug:

Repo girl 06-20-2006 12:24 PM

Good job Christie. You are right on.

PURPLEPIRATE99 06-22-2006 09:51 AM

you go girl - now that is the Christie we know and love!! whooo hoooo

sznn 06-22-2006 10:16 AM

Stiesta - glad to hear you concurred the 'excuse' monster.

I was soooo close to skipping my last abs class last night.
My SIL called and bailed so I immediately came up with 10+ excuses why I should skip it as well.
...but I went - it was killer - and I feel fabulous this AM!

Long story short - guess I have to remember its 95% mental - this lifestyle change.

Have a great day.
-S

PURPLEPIRATE99 06-22-2006 11:31 AM

Sznn - wonderful for you sister to help get you there - isn't it amazing the attitude we sometimes have before vs. afterwards?? Feels great!