General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 04:53 PM   #16  

Hi Brenda!!

Welcome aboard.

I am on my third week of Slimfast. I am still having a lot of hunger. I also started a rigorous workout regime about 2 weeks ago, which might explain my new and constant hunger.

I have to force myself to exercise, everyday. But I am getting used to doing it and not letting myself slip, but it is a challenge.

Sounds like you are on the right track! Keep posting, everyone here seems to be serious about losing weight and this is probably one of the most genuinely supportive and encouraging threads I have seen.

The airpopped popcorn for a late night snack is a great idea, I had not thought of that. Thanks!! Now I know what I will snack on tonight.
Old 08-22-2001, 09:28 PM   #17  

Welcome Brenda...from a place I would love to visit, I might add.

When you say, Brenda & Jenny, that you eat at night is it hunger or boredom? For me it is mostly boredom.

I also hear this voice in my head reminding me I didn't eat all the food groups they say we are suppose to. Things do get in your head even when you think you are not listening. I don't believe it is that crucial to eat everything everyday. Now, saying that I must tell you I take a ton of vitamins every morning so I guess I don't worry about getting my daily vitamins and minerals from food. If I listen to my body, I eat rather poorly BUT at my weight I can afford too

Okay, back to the voice...when I listen to that tape in my head I over eat....If I talk to myself about what I want to eat I eat much less but sometimes not the best "type" of food. Example: For dinner last night I had 3 slices of cheese and about 8 or 9 Doritos. I felt like cheese and salt. WHY am I worrying about this I certainly didn't eat healthy to get this fat!!!!!

I feel better now...thanks for listening.

Do any of you ever go to the chat room?

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 08-22-2001 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2001, 01:51 PM   #18  

Ladybug -- I eat out of Boredom at night and plus I guess I associate watching TV at night with snacking. I always do this. If I am not watching TV at night then I don't snack.

But I did do better last night.

I am bad about eating dry cereals, harmless right? Wrong. I can open a new box and begin snacking and look down 10-15 minutes later and I have eaten 1/2 the box.

I stopped buying cereals but then my DH got in the mood several weeks ago and bought 3 boxes. I have already eaten 1-1/2 of the boxes.

I didn't snack on popcorn as planned last night instead I ate dry cereal and after a couple minutes I made myself put it away. That is one of my biggest demons. I have two boxes of frosted mini wheats in my drawer at work!!!

Well I did eat the cereal for my first snack, and NO MORE today for me. But will have some popcorn as my lunch and #2 snack today.

Well gotta go, I have a final tonight I am cramming for!!

Old 08-23-2001, 07:29 PM   #19  

Hi Ladybug

Thinking about it I do eat mainly out of boredom, I am so used to snacking on something when watching the tv late a night that it has become a bad habit - something which I am trying my best to overcome.

I have two children aged 9 and 6, and I frequently watch their eating habits, they actually leave food on their plate when they are full up regardless of what they eating (even Mcdonalds). I need to follow their example and stop eating when I am full, to be quite honest I have actually experienced hunger for the first time since starting this diet which is not a bad thing, I tended to snack and nibble all day with out experiencing it.

I have had a good day today, did some more exercise and drank more water.

Looking forward to weigh day on Sunday

Brenda
Old 08-23-2001, 08:07 PM   #20  

So, since we are so bored with TV are we watching something we don't really like or want to watch??????? Just wondering since when I watch a movie I really like I don't eat or drink anything......I have to think on this.
Old 08-24-2001, 09:56 AM   #21  

Well for me that is an easy question.

At home my husband and I watch all of HIS Tv shows, including ESPN (practically all the time). So I really don't like anything we watch. If I really want to see somethng I have to go into the bedroom and watch my show in there. If I am in the bedroom I don't eat. If I am home alone watching TV I still snack although not as bad.

So maybe I should start watching all of my old favorites in the bedroom at night and I will not snack. Good idea, thanks for asking that question.

If you are wondering why we watch only my husband's TV shows it is because he grabs the remote as soon as he gets home and holds it until bedtime. It becomes an extension of his body. He flips out and acts crazy if I manage to get the remote away from him. Commercials are like death to him. It is really funny.

Well I am still following the plan, although I have not done great this week. I have been just incredibly hungry. So hopefully next week I will be back on track 100%. Tonight is chinese food night!! We eat it on Fridays as a reward dinner. Although sometimes we do get tired of it and go elsewhere for a couple weeks.

My Menu today:

Shake
popcorn
Shake and popcorn
Shredded wheat or energybar
Chinese food
Maybe fruit or popcorn

Have a great weekend!!
Old 08-24-2001, 08:00 PM   #22  

LIGHT BULB, LIGHT BULB I just had a light bulb moment while reading your post, Jenni. I get home about 6PM so I don't eat dinner until 6:30 or 7PM. At 7PM I sit down to eat dinner and watch TV - once I start I just keep eating if I continue to watch TV. I really should have realized this before...

I did eat at 7PM last night but had tomatos from my own plants with cottage cheese. I ate three tomatos and was very full after that so I quit. Maybe I can go on the tomato/cottage cheese diet!!!! Anyway, my point is I did quit. A couple times I thought about getting some chips but asked myself if I was really hungry and the answer was no, so I didn't get them.

Since I moved a couple months ago I spend much less time in front of the TV so hopefully that will help in my weight loss also.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:58 PM   #23  

I really need to get back into exercise...I know why I should I just don't...any hints, tricks?????

Maybe I should check out the exercise thread....I can't be the only one trying to find a way to do this for myself.
Old 08-26-2001, 04:25 PM   #24  

Default Weigh day

Hi everyone

Well today was weigh day and after my first week I lost 2lbs, not sure how I feel, as I thought I would have lost more, I thought I did ok. Anyway I suppose 2lbs off is better than 2lbs on. I will try to do a bit more exercise this week.

Lucky ladybug - I tend to exercise first thing in the morning as soon as I wake up, I do an exercise tape which lasts around 30 minutes. I am a compulsive eater so what I also try to do is when I feel the urge to eat, I exercise instead, I have also found that it is quite good for taking care of any feelings of anger that I may have if someone has upset me etc.

Brenda

227/225/154
Old 08-26-2001, 09:07 PM   #25  

Thanks Brenda, I like the exercise when you want to eat ...good idea.
Old 08-27-2001, 09:34 AM   #26  

Hello!

Ladybug -- We eat dinner in front of the TV too. I broke our dining room table so now we eat at the coffee table. I need to push eating outside on our patio set right now, while we still can.

I had a hard day Sunday. I must have walked into the kitchen looked in the fridge and then the cabinets 20-30 times. Each time saying am I bored (it was raining here really hard) or am I really hungry? Sometimes I walked away, others I got a drink, and finally I started dinner.

I didn't drink any slimfast this weekend. That is probably why I was so badly wanting to eat.

I did great on Saturday, though, with eating and exercise.

I am eating my daily energy bar as my am snack with my breakfast shake. I need the boost. Plus I saw a Butterfinger commercial this morning and the peanut butter energy bar is a diet Butterfinger and it has satisfied my craving. I have meetings from 9:30am - 12 noon and I don't have time to eat or drink during these meetings.

Well I will check back later. I need to do a few things before my meetings start.

Old 08-27-2001, 09:56 PM   #27  

Jenni, aren't those peanut butter energy bars great... I only get one box at a time - a whole box at one time would NOT be good. So if I keep the quantity I have in the cupboard at a minimum it helps keep me from binging on them. Which I think I could do at times.

I still haven't done any exercising - kick me.... I did rake and pull weeds for 1 1/2 hours after work tonight so I didn't just sit on my butt either BUT I still need to start a daily exercise program.

Maybe my brother will let me walk his dog.
Old 08-28-2001, 10:02 AM   #28  

Hey ladies!

I just found out that I passed my Economics final getting a "B" overall I am so relieved

I think that elevated my mood today by about 25%. And with next Monday being a holiday I am even happier so add in another 10% of elevated mood.

I ate 2 snack bars yesterday, shame shame, so I get none today. I have to learn only one a day. They may be diet but they still have sugar, calories, and fat.

Ladybug, pulling weeds is not sitting on your butt, I am sure you were burning double the calories than what sitting on your couch would have burned. It is really hard to exercise some days.

I ran 6 miles yesterday and it was so hard, because I did not want to do it at all. I actually packed up to go home and then questioned myself. like... "What are you going to do at home, besides eat and watch Tv?". I kept saying oh I will get on my treadmill at home and do my miles. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA funny joke. I have said that so many times that it is funny now. So I made myself get dressed and do it. I had to stop a lot to catch my breath but I still did it. Hopefully today won't be so hard.

I can't understand how some people like to workout. I have always hated it, but did it to stay fit. I know people that can't wait to run or go to the gym. Maybe, I am just really lazy.

I want to get thin enough that I can wear a bathingsuit without total humiliation, so I can swim once it starts to get too cold to run outside. Maybe if I stick with it long enough I will learn to like it, who knows.

Well Today my Menu is:

Breakfast: shake
Sn1: Grapes
Lunch: shake and carrots with light ranch dip
Sn2: grapes
Dinner: healthy choice meal
Sn3: either popcorn or fruit

Gotta get going!!

Have a great healthy day!

Old 08-29-2001, 09:38 AM   #29  

Hey everybody!

It rained hard here yesterday so I did not get to run

But it is nice out today.

I wanted to post quickly and say that my shake this morning has actually made me feel full. Yeah!

Hopefully this will mean that I won't feel as hungry all the time.

Gotta go!
Old 08-29-2001, 09:11 PM   #30  

This is taking way too long to open so I will start thread #8....Please post there.
Closed Thread