General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #1  

Default MediFast980

I just saw the commercial for it, so I decided to check out the website. Has anyone ever tried medifast980? If you have or know anything about it, please reply because I'm thinking about trying it out, but I always like to hear good reviews on something before purchasing. They have the normal testimonials on their site, but sometimes I never believe those. Any info would be appreciated... Thanks!
Cali_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

We've had several threads on Medifast in the past - you might want to check this one.
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #3  

I wasted my money on Medifast. The food is AWFUL--everything is instant except the bars---instant shake mix, instant oatmeal, instant soup mix, instant chili, etc. You could probably buy similar instant food in the grocery store and just take a lot of vitamins and have the same thing. It got boring real fast and tasted bad.
buffybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237.0/232/160

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Medi-Fast

Hi!

I started medi-fast on March 26th this year and so far I have lost 27 lbs.
I like the food! ...yes, it is instant (mixed with water). They have shakes, oatmeal, soups, chili ... they also have bars, crackers, snack chips and puddings... they also have cappuccino, hot cocoa, chai latte and cold drink mixes!

I am on the 5-1 plan; I have 5 medi-fast supplements a day and 1 "lean & green" meal. A one day example:

breakfast 6am: MF oatmeal
snack 9am: MF shake
lunch 12n: MF soup
snack 3pm: MF bar
dinner 6pm: 7oz chicken, 2c salad greens, 1/4c tomaotes, 1/4 cup cucumbers, 2tbs low fat dressing.
snack 9pm: MF shake, 1 cup jello sugar free jello.

but, you can have the medi-fast supplements in any way you want!
The first week is the hardest while your body is detoxing from "your norm" but it really does work and is not as hard as it may appear.

Like many diet plans ... it will work if YOU WORK IT! I have been heavy all my life. I personally have tried every program out there and this one is just THE ONE for me!

God Bless you!
Cathy M
ChattieOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:18 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffybear
I wasted my money on Medifast. The food is AWFUL--everything is instant except the bars---instant shake mix, instant oatmeal, instant soup mix, instant chili, etc. You could probably buy similar instant food in the grocery store and just take a lot of vitamins and have the same thing. It got boring real fast and tasted bad.
I completely agree with buffybear. I first started with Medifast for 2 weeks and the food was awful. I couldn't stand being on that meal plan. I swithced to a meal plan from eDiets.com (their FreshCuisine program) around two weeks ago and have already lost 9 pounds! The food has been great and I would not mind eating this for the rest of my life and never having to cook LOL . Personally I am done with shakes and bars, I like having real meals that are healthy but taste great. I will post updates of my experience with eDiets.com.

monami1978 is offline   Reply With Quote