3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   " 8 minutes in the morning" Jorge Cruise (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/8303-8-minutes-morning-jorge-cruise.html)

ncmom 08-09-2001 07:38 PM

" 8 minutes in the morning" Jorge Cruise

has anyone heard of this tape and eatting plan. I know there will also be a book out in october with the same name.

JanCan 08-13-2001 01:01 AM

Tell us More

Eight minutes of what in the morning? :o

Seriously, do tell us more. Is it a breathing or exercise program,too?

Thanks,

Jan

ncmom 08-13-2001 09:29 AM

HI

according to the June issue of Fit magazine it is 8 minutes aday of strenth training. THey say do 2 different exericses 12 reps of 4 sets in that 8 minutes. Jorge Cruise has tapes out and a book coming in october. I was just wondering if anyone has tryed them. I tryed the exercises in the magazine and i even felt them the next day.

sue

Gracenote 08-16-2001 11:39 AM

Not familiar with 8 minutes in the AM...

But, I do have some knowledge to share.

Strength training is very helpful and important, but is almost useless without some cardio first. You can get a Cardio workout tape anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes, and then do the 8 minute strength training exercises afterward. I have been reading a lot on exercise and health in the past few years, and this is something I have read over and over and over again. And I can vouch for this since I used to do vigorous abdominal strength training: I have the strongest abs, but no one knows because they are covered in FAT! Sad but very very true.

Take care and good luck,
Nancy

ncmom 08-17-2001 09:20 AM

8 minutes in the morning

I do cardio but i heard want also like to do some strenth training also. I have power 90 but every time i do that my tendonitis acts up, firm is too tough after my knee surgery so i thought jorge cruise "8 minutes in the morning" would be a good place to start getting back in shape.

LuckyLadyBug 08-25-2001 11:54 AM

http://www.jorgecruise.com/html/8minutehome.html

I am going to read up on it now.....

Bev 09-07-2001 08:05 PM

update

I just recieved the program and it looks really good - I will start it on monday. The eatting program is based on ADA guidelines( so that is healthy).

sue

Pumpkinna 01-24-2002 10:08 PM

It works

:wave: I have tried this program since Jan 8th, and have gone from 203 to 195 as of today. This system works, and I am able to do the exercises every day - in fact (gasp!) I'm beginning to like it! I am not doing cario stuff - I just don't have the interest to do that - I did that in the past and never kept it up for long.

I feel stronger than ever. My legs have much more strength, etc. I am totally into this - and I have his book on order. I've just been going by what the long article in a "womans world" mag said.

People are skeptical when I tell them I am staying away from fried foods, drinking lots of water, doing the 2 exercises in the morning, and putting olive oil on everything. Read the book or go to his website (jorgecruise.com) is you want the reasons (according for Jorge) that it works. I just know that its working for me, and I feel great!

This is the first time I have set a realistic goal for myself. Two pounds a week. And I'm doing better than that.

:smug:

lastfatyear 01-27-2002 10:54 PM

I bought the book last night and am starting in the morning. Looks really good to me!

They have a board at Yahoo clubs. Take a look at their weigh ins on Sundays... wowzer!

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/jorgecruisesbuddyboard

http://messages.clubs.yahoo.com/club...600061903&ft=1

Bev 01-28-2002 01:58 PM

thanks for the sites I just joined them.

lastfatyear 01-29-2002 07:02 AM

1st Day

its_my_life...
That's a great group isn't it? There's a whole lotta fat leaving those folks!

Pumpkinna...
Wow, you've done great! I hope to do as well. Yesterday was my first day. I just knew I would be starving on the quick start but nope... completely satisfied.
How's it going for you?

Pumpkinna 01-29-2002 08:38 AM

Doing great!

I'm doing great! I'm still 195, but my mini goal is 193 by feb 8, and I know I can do this. I don't feel deprived of food at all. Really love this plan!

:D

Have a great day!

lastfatyear 02-01-2002 12:40 PM

Pumpkinna

I'm with you... I LOVE this plan. It has really shown me shown me how much I was eating and why I wasn't losing before. It's amazing how satisfied you feel, even on the quick start! After the first week when you upped you calories, did you gain any or continue losing?

You'll definitely make the 193. You probably already have! Keep me posted on how you're doing!

Pumpkinna 02-01-2002 12:59 PM

YIpee!

:wave:

Howdy, all. I'm at 194, and I have confidence that I will reach 193 by friday 2/8. The exciting news is that I've lost 4 inches from my waist and 2 1/2 inches from my hips. I just know that I want to fit into a size 5 again. I'm very short, and under this fat I am very petite. I don't care what the scale says (shock of all shocks- i have lived by the scale all these years) - I care that I fit into my old clothes size again.

I have more energy than every before! I have more strength in my legs! I am so thrilled. I said this before, but its been 20 years of dieting, gaining, over and over again. Wishing the pounds would come off. This is so easy to follow - its the first time that I KNOW I will reach my goal weight. And I don't want to be thin and flabby, I want to be thin and FIRM.

I don't have the book yet - its due here any day now - so I don't know about the calorie count you refer to. I'm keeping my calories about 1200, and putting olive oil on EVeRYTHING. Taking the flaxseed oil, b12, and a new muti-vitamin called Rejuvin-8 is giving me LOTS of energy. That combined with exercising in the morning - I just have energy that I haven't seen in a long time. And I don't have the blahs very often either. I do find myself getting bored at different times. But instead of reaching for food I do something else. Read, exercise, go window shopping somewhere, etc.

Blessings to all!

Bev 02-01-2002 04:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I also love this program. I have both the book and the tape and I like them both. I have not started the eatting program yet just the exericises. I will start the whole program monday. But with just doing the exercises I lost 1/2 lb.

well everyone have a good day

bev