General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 12:58 AM   #16  

Angry

jennifa... sounds like you've got a good handle on the lunch thing. I will have to admit that I find the meditative eating really difficult. I come from a "wolf-it-down" background and find it challenging just eating at a moderate pace. I've been paying special attention to eating at the table with no other distractions. Turning the radio off was a real tough one!

Take good care of yourself during your huge project! Look forward to your posts when you can.

Gail...true the two plans can work very well together. I didn't realize how much that I had lost sight of the food points/ volume of food that I was eating. Today was a good day!

health & happyness,

Jan
Old 08-21-2001, 09:32 AM   #17  
cookies are for browsers

Hi Gail and JanCan, and all you lurkers, we are a bunch of losers here!

This week I have noticed another bad habit I learned from my WW days. Don't get me wrong, I am still following the old exchange guidelines, but the thing is this: if you have to count points, you will almost ALWAYS eat it ALL. You counted the points and you have *earned* eating it. But I have been noticing lately that I am full before I finish. It is really hard to stop eating at this point, especially when there are only 4 or 5 bites left. This week I am going to try to give myself permission to quite eating when I'm full and not worry about wasting food or going under points. Ask any thin person how they eat and they will probably tell you that they never finish what's on their plate. A lesson.

I love what Chopra says on page 45 about the belief that we are separate when we are really all one bit of the universe, working in harmony. That is so cool. If you are reading this, doc, thanks.

One tip from the local news: as soon as you sigh, your body is full. For me, this is very close to level 6 and it's easier than keeping the meditation going the whole time I'm eating. I am still working on that.

I've had a bad couple of days. I worked too many hours last week, traveled, and couldn't have my liquid day. This kind of stress really wrecks me. I love my liquid days. I am going to have to try to get one in this week. Then I went to a birthday party where ALL they had was processed foods. I ended up eating too much of them and I still have an upset tummy from it. So today I am going to keep it simple and healthy.

Hope you all have a great losing week!

Jennifa
Old 08-27-2001, 09:38 PM   #18  
cookies are for browsers

Default 400+ views and counting...

Hmm, there must be something to the title.

So....

What's YOUR perfect weight? Mine is somewhere between 160 and 175. I kept this weight effortlessly for a long time. I'm trying to get back to that balance level and getting there slowly but surely. I feel a lot better now than I did before. I think a lot of it has to do with avoiding over-processed foods.

And there's something great about REALLY enjoying eating a peach more than a candy bar! I guess I am getting a better appreciation for food now.

Hope you all are having a good week!

Jennifa
Old 09-02-2001, 01:25 PM   #19  
cookies are for browsers

Gail and JanCan,

How are you doing? You must be doing perfectly well...

I just refused to finish my breakfast! Good for me. I asked a thin friend how she eats, and she says she NEVER
finishes what's on her plate. She also eats lightly for breakfast and dinner.

Wow, my mom stayed with me for a couple of days last week and boy was it an eye opener. No wonder I struggled with my weight when I was growing up!!! Looks like "food as love" is going out the window as soon as I can figure out
how to open it! She was pretty good, though, she asked me what I wanted and how and respected my wishes, though she did question the hot water a lot.

I still haven't had a chance for my liquid day but I'm working on it. I know I will have to set a day for sure. Ok - Monday. I will do it on Monday.

Labor Day Weekend... the perfect time to clean out the closets. I am ditching the frumpy clothes and altering some others so they are more flattering. I am also putting away the summer clothes and bringing in the fall clothes. I love fall, and this year I am going to highlight my teensy tiny waist with belts and fitted dresses. Where is that pattern? It is so hard to shop anymore, I am going to a seamstress. The last dress I had made I have to be careful where I wear it! It's plain, but it fits so well that men can't stop checking me out! I am only about 8 pounds away from wearing it.

Made for you is always the best, and you don't have to fret about the size on the label!

Jennifa
216/maintaining smaller measurements/170
Old 09-03-2001, 08:11 PM   #20  
cookies are for browsers

Talking I did it!!!

And I feel so much better for doing so! I even had a nice light bike ride today.

Jan and Gail, don't leave me hanging! This is the ONLY plan that has worked for me, don't make me go solo! I can't believe that I am almost at the 20 pound mark already! I know that the WW program probably helped, but I just wasn't seeing the numbers go down. Now I am, I'm getting thinner, and looking forward to a LIVELY and fun holiday season this year. I want to wear a sexy Halloween costume and a fabulous gown for New Year's. No more "dressing to flatter" stuff.

Next week, again, I am working on stopping when I'm full. It is so simple it is silly, but very true that we tend to finish everything on our plates ("I counted it, by golly, and I'm gonna eat it!"). It is worth it to be at my perfect weight.

So I hope everyone reading this thread is getting thinner, and if you feel like joining, welcome!

Namaste,

Jennifa
216/197/170
Old 11-20-2001, 05:46 PM   #21  
cookies are for browsers

I don't know about anybody else but I needed to bring this thread up again.

Hope everybody has a fun and light Thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2001, 04:13 PM   #22  

Jennifa....I come from a family of "whoolfas" also.

Have just begun Yoga, and WW, and what you say about WW and eating all your points is true....I weigh about 213, and want (and need to lose approx. 60 lbs.), and see and read Depak whenever he's on TV, or can lay my hands on his books, I have his daily journal....

NOT finishing everything on my plate would be quite a feat....will give it a try - we eat out of conditioning I'm sure. I have a husband with a VERY active metabolism, and I'm like Winny the Pooh, but am working at being more active, I'm good for short spurts, in everything....walking, attention span....but am working at it - and becoming more AWARE of what I'm eating, the why behind it - and the whole darn thing.

Will look for you again.

Kermie
Old 11-26-2001, 07:58 AM   #23  
cookies are for browsers

Hi Kermie, welcome!

Hope you stick around. Gail and JanCan, are you there?

I had a bit of a relapse but now I am back on track. Why did it take me 2 months?!?! Well, the important thing is I'm back. I am going to start thread #2 as this one is now 2 pages long.

Hope you all have a great OP week!

Jennifa
216/202/170
Old 12-01-2001, 05:25 PM   #24  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Default pushing it to the top

just pushing the thread to the top for Nica...
Closed Thread