Dietsmart

• Anybody here a member of Dietsmart.com? My adult daughter and I have joined within the last two weeks, and we are quite pleased. One of the first and most impressive factors was that we were asked really good questions about our behaviors and lifestyles that resulted in us getting two distinctly different diet plans. They really seem to be tailored for our individual needs. ( I think they have 6 different types of plans available, and they set calorie and exchange amounts within each one based upon weight, exercise, age, etc. We have stuck to their prescribed plan and have spent between 1 and two hours per day most days in the pool doing resisitence exercises and jogging and swimming laps. In the first week, I lost 4 lbs. and my daughter lost 7. We are geting a lot to eat and are feeling very energized. Has anybody had any long-term experience with this outfit? We'd love to hear from others who are using this site!
  • i have not used diet smart but i am very interesting in giving it a try. how does it work? do you have a lot of food choices? how much of it concerns exercise (i am able to exercise about 5x a week for 45 min--would this be enough?)
    any details would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    jen
  • Hi, Jen!

This is Bobbie Hellen's daughter, Bobbie Anne, responding.

My mom and I are really enjoying the process so far. Yes, there are a ton of food choices, and the variety is sufficient that anyone from a true carnivore to a vegetarian could choose well. And it's all real food, like you eat anyway...

About your activity level: That's one of the questions asked of you when you go in to register and get a food plan. As noted in the initial post, dietsmart certainly wanted to know more about my habits, eating, resting, exercising, energy levels, food cravings/interests etc., than ANY program I've been on, from WW to ediets. I've never even had a doctor interested enough in my need to lose weight to actually help me figure out how to do it... Answering the dietsmart questionnaire was like being interviewed by a personal nutritionist, and the plan I was put on reflected MY answers, as opposed to being a one-plan-works-for-all, like MOST of 'em.

Of course, I wasn't SURE about that until I convinced my mom to join me. I knew her patterns and cravings and activity level were sufficiently different from mine to result in her being prescribed a truly different plan, and that's how it came out. I'm eating more calories on this plan--I'm a BIG girl--than on any other--far more than the points given on WW, and am eating 50% protein, 30% carb and 20% fats; my mom is getting 1,000 calories less and is on a plan that calls for 45% carbs, 35% protein and 20% fats. I am spending the summer with her, and we eat the same things, just in the appropriate portions for each of us individually.

Like, just now for lunch, I had two veggie burger patties and a yogurt for my protein, she had one veggie patty and 1/2 c yogurt; I had 1 hamburg roll, she had a roll and 2 oz of pretzels; we each had a cup of fresh blueberries, a fresh tomato and water.

We're both doing at least an hour of water aerobics (jogging and swimming) and water resistance exercises everyday that is decent, so we're working hard! Working out in the water is really so much easier than doing anything in this heat and humidity and the water displaces so much BULK, relieving us of the burden of ITS burden! Again, so far we love this plan!