Question About All of These Things I Can't Even Pronounce--But Are Supposed to Help

• Hi, just wondering if anyone has any info on whether the following things really have any benefit in a weight program. A friend of mine gave me a few samples of a packet of citrus drink you put with water that have the following:
    Calcium Pyruvate
    Chromium Picolinate
    Garcinia Cambogia
    Vitamin B-6, B-12, B-3, C
    Garcinia Cambogia
    Burdock Root Tea
    Licorice Root Tea
    Fennel Seed Tea
    Peppermint Tea
    Stevia (sweetener)
    Purified Water and Preservatives

Packet is about 2Tsp. of liquid you mix with 8 oz. of water.

Thanks in advance for any info!!!!!!!
  • they burn fat.
  • Thanks kd580 for your reply===do you know if any of these really work? I had never heard of them before and am considering incorporating them in my diet. I appreciate you responding!!
  • None of them really do anything. I have been reading up on supplements for 2 years now and nothing on the list really has any thermogenic qualities. Even true thermogenics...ephedra, ma huang, caffeine...really only work for a short period of time and then your body adjusts to it. However, they do have some appetite suppressant qualities and some metabolism booster so they will work from 3-21 days. Then they taper off.
  • Thanks Susan for taking the time to reply-I have noticed that they help with the appetite supressing, but I guess that I was REALLY hoping they were a "magic bullet" for helping burn fat! I appreciate the information!