General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #1  
Goal! Balloon Ride 2006!

Default what am i hungry for?

This is a really stupid question, but I sit here for hours on end wondering what I want to eat, and if I [I]really[I] think about it, I'm not even hungry! I think that sometimes my worst problem is that I feel like I want something to satisfy me, but what I eat doesn't, so I keep eating until I find what it is I wanted all along or I'm too full to eat more. I've looked on the internet to see if this is common, but don't find anything. Any ideas?

I also get really tired after eating - especially during the day. Just a few bites of something can make me want to go right to sleep. I was worried last year so had all sorts of medical tests run, but I'm not diabetic, no thyroid problems, etc., etc. Help?

Thanks.

motherofthreedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Maybe you can turn your thoughts into planning. It's really OK to eat frequently. You just have to eat the right things. Lots of successful losers will tell you that planning is key.
Plan your shopping, plan your meals, plan your snacks, plan your emergency munchies.
I'm not saying it's OK to be obsessed about food, however putting a lot of your mental energy into healthful thinking is a good thing.
If you're going to be single minded about anything, it might as well be your health.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #3  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Sounds like depression setting in.........Check that forum.........I'm not sure about that stuff cause I never want to sleep unless I'm depressed.........anyhow............

the not knowing what you want........I hate when that happens......Sometimes I feel like I'm eating everything in the house and I'm not really hungry .........just don't know ...........it's not feeling good for what I've eaten..........weird??? I don't think so...........I think your body is craving something and you're not giving it to yourself.........like a salty chip......cause you're suppose to be on a diet??? or something to that effect........When I'm like that I find I'm usually just being lazy cause I really am looking for some good home cooking but just to lazy to do it............hum.....PS don't know the 'why' but I know that it happens
fat&sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #4  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

I sometimes get that feeling when I've tried something "healthy" instead of the "unhealthy" option that I REALLY want. I've found there are times when it's just better to eat a smaller portion and have what I might be CRAVING. This isn't the most obvious example, but you know, I tried those low cal, low fat cheeses and...just didn't do it for me. So when I want cheese now, I whip out the pre-sliced sharp cheddar (real thing, not the "American cheddar processed stuff" and make myself a little grilled cheese sandwich (with the lo-cal bread though).

I sort of walk the line around food obsession these days, but I think that's just the way it is while trying to get a diet tuned in (or maybe I should say getting my brain to buy into it all ) I usually plan out my breakfast, lunch, and snacks the evening before. If nothing else, that reduces the chicken-with-it's-head-cut-off feeling I would otherwise have getting ready to leave for work. Then, if I'm going to think about food at work, it's more a matter of deciding when I'll eat the things that I have for the day....and maybe thinking about what I'll be fixing for dinner :-)

Not really answer I guess, but.....a commentary?
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #5  
Goal! Balloon Ride 2006!

Thanks to everybody for your replies! Yes, I am depressed and guess I just eat because that's familiar. You all know the vicious circle so I don't have to tell you that. It's just odd that I keep eating and nothing tastes like it satisfies me.
motherofthreedogs is offline   Reply With Quote