What Are You Listening To?

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • When Saturday Night Fever was out, we use to get on our tight peg cut blue jeans (rolled up) put on heels and go out dancing.....LOL
  • Star - lol Life was good!

How are you doing?
  • Deets, I had never heard of them before, but there was a documentary done on them recently that DH and I went to. I was about the bass player Aurthur "Killer Kane". It was very strange. After the Dolls broke up, he went on to try to form several bands, but they all failed. He was a major addict, and jumped out an apartment window, nearly killing himself. After a year relearning how to walk, Mormon missionaries (LDS) knocked on his door, and baptized him. He was living on disability, really poor, and got a job working at a LDS temple in CA. Last year in London they had a New York Dolls reunion with the living members. He was so excited to go, and so scared. His guitar was at a pawn shop, and members of his church paid to get it out for him. He was so cute and funny at the reunion. He was kind of slow, like maybe the drugs of his youth or the fall from the window had left him mentally a little messed up. Plus Mormons don't drink or smoke, and he was really out of place in that way. Anyway, the reunion was a huge success, and he came home felling really great about it. 21 days after he came home, he called a church member and asked them to take him to the emergency room because he was feeling sick. They diagnosed him with leukemia, and he died 3 hours later. It was the saddest thing. Anyway, your husband will probably know who that guy was. The documentary is called New York Dolls, and it is a Sundance Film. There were tons of interviews with rockers from the late seventies and eighties. It was pretty cool.
  • Carmen, did you ever see the whisper video. I walked pass the room and thought they were watching an orgie. I immediately banned BET from my house for a couple weeks.

Beanie~ there is this one 3 doors down song I love, but I can’t think of it, it says love in it though

Star~ we useto wear rolled up jeans in school and the jeans with the socks over them, my DS saw a pic and couldn’t stop laughing. Plus I had the tall hair sprayed bang too. (the wholes I put in the ozone with aquanet )
  • Shennie - Thank Goodness the answer to your question is NO! I also haven't seen anything past the 4th chapter of Trapped in the Closet. I hear it goes up to 12 or something like that and it gets really strange. ARRA has some issues - but we know that!
  • carmen~ never heard past the first few until i burned the CD for my nephew for christmas and yes, the man is sick. To actually sit down and make that song take soem strange level of sickness, and let's not get ont he 14 year old girl problem.

I think that i have just crossed over into being old over the past few years becaus eI don't really even listen to that type of stuff anymore and 6-7 years ago I was up in the club with the best of them. guess it's the mother in me, I fought it as long as ai could ,but I am officially an mom.
  • Shennie - You are too young for the cross over......you still have afew 'young' years......

Katie - Thanks for the story - it's amazing what I learn on here......
  • Quote: Shennie - You are too young for the cross over......you still have afew 'young' years......

Katie - Thanks for the story - it's amazing what I learn on here......
    DBF says that I will be the boring parent and the kids willl want to hang otu with him all the time. He is 4 years older than me, but I am the adult in the realtionship Last week he gave DS cola at 11 PM and then had the nerve to leave and go home while I had the 9 year old human cannon ball running around the house. I have already told him he can spend no time alone with the children until they are old enough to tell on him.
    Shennie -
  • Katie- is that out in theaters or video? DH will love it.
  • It was in our theater for a short time, about 2 months ago.
  • Katie - I will have to ask dh about them he is really good with sport and music trivia he knows everything! LOL