General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default Major Stress, Major Triggers!!

Okay, I have a really crazy story to share that happened last night. We were over at our shop last night about 6:00. This guy in a Ford Explorer pulling a trailer came booking around the corner and dropped about 15 bales (one ton) of hay all over the road. He pulled over in front of our shop and ran out into the road, pulling bales of hay over to the side. Meanwhile, I was sitting in my Suburban with my kids, waiting to pull onto the road. I see a little child get out of the Ford an start walking down this very busy, 50 MPH road, looking for her dad. I put the Suburban in park, forbid my kids to move, and jump out and run over and get her by the hand, and out of the road. I walked her down to her dad, asked if he needed any help. He told me that he is from Pocatello, a town 80 miles away, and had no idea how he was going to get all of this hay loaded back up. He had just bought it from a farmer a few blocks away. I go and get DH, and starts helping buck the bales back on, but it is getting to be really clear that w/out a tractor, there is no way he will be able to get reloaded. In the meantime, the police show up and tell him that his trailer does not have lights, and so he cannot drive it home until the lights are fixed. He called the farmer the hay came from, and got permission to bring it back for the night. We brought over our car trailer and loaded the rest of the hay onto it. We follow this guy out of town to the farmers place. Well, he noticed the farmers house a little late, and threw on his brakes at the last minute. With no tail lights, we had no way of knowing this, and when we realized he was stopping, it was too late. The roads were covered with ice and we plowed into the back of him. Everyone in both cars was okay, just scared, but our Suburban is damaged in the front. The rear end of his trailer was smashed pretty good, and the rear of the the Ford. He was just mortified about the whole thing. Since we hit him, technically it should have gone onto our insurance, but since he did not have tail lights, and we were trying to help him in the first place, we did not exchange insurace info. DH is a mechanic and body and paint guy, so he can fix the Burban anway. So, the question is, why do things like this happen? We took 2 hours in 20 degree weather last night to help a total stranger, because we believe that what goes around, comes around. What we got out of it was a wrecked vehicle. I just don't get this Karma stuff!! Needless to say, by the time we got home, I was famished, and stressed. I made an OP dinner, ate two extra fats, put the kids to bed, and got fall down drunk on Vodka and low carb juice (F). DH said he has never seen me so messed up. I don't even dare weigh this morning. Does Vodka have caloires in it? Alcohol always makes me retain tons of water for days, too. It is not as if I have to drink to deal with stress. In fact, I only ever drink anything once or twice a month, but last night, I just wanted to. Now today I feel pretty good. I am just trying to decide if I should do TO today and tomorrow, or wait until my period is over. Sorry this post is so long, I just had to share this weird experience. Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #2  

Katie - OMG - I can't believe this! How in H@LL was that man going to get home on ice covered roads with no tail lites???

I hate to tell you this, but yes, vodka does have calories. I believe it counts as a starch?

Didn't you just come off a TO cycle? Truly, if it's your TOM, and with all you've been thru, just be kind to yourself. . Eat OP today, and see what tomorrow brings.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #3  
Katie

Thanks Julie, good advice. I don't what he was thinking either. I think that it is a blessing that he did not make it to the interstate. He could have killed some one. DH says he was also using a Class 1 hitch on the Ford, which is meant to pull one ton (1500 lbs) and he was trying to pull about 5 tons. Crazy! He had 5 kids in the car with him. What he was trying to do was not safe or smart.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #4  
Katie

Thanks for the perspective Mary. You are absolutely right.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:36 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 4"

Katie, I think Mary's perspective is good. Just think, you may have saved those 5 children's lives.

I have always thought that everything happens for a reason, whether we ever know why.

We learn from our experiences and the examples that we set. You taught your children and his that there are people that still care in this world and will extend a helping hand.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #6  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

No good deed goes unpunished!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:04 PM   #7  

Katie - You and DH are very kind unselfish people. There isn't always an answer to why bad things happen to good people. Just keep being one of those good people.
About the vodka - my drink of choice too. I had to give it up becuz whenever I got started on it I would drink too much and the calories and pounds just weren't worth it. BUT on some days - maybe you just need to do what you did.
I'm doing take off tomorrow and Wed, always looking for buddies....
Hugs to you and DH.........
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #8  
Katie

Star- Started TO this morning!! Tomorrow we will definitely be buddies.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #9  

Katie - AWESOME - Thanks Buddy!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

And I'm doing Wed and Thurs-so I got your back for Wed . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:41 PM   #11  

Oh I love all this support - Thanks.......
Old 12-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #12  

Katie: Wow, I can't believe that happened and I'm truely sorry it did. I don't think we will ever understand why things like that happen. We (DH and I) had a very small (compared to your) experience last winter. We had a pretty big snow storm and neighbors snowblower died. DH wanted to help them out, so snow blowed their driveway - and in doing it - the DN sons basketball gets eatten by the snowblower and gets wedges up in the thing. Took DH and DN hours to remove the basketball (even tried melting the stucker with a torch). Finally removed the basketball, and we took the snowblower in for repairs that cost us $125 to get the bent pieces replaced. Still can't explain why things likes this happen. I have to agree that your place could have been to be that little child's guardian angel. Glad you're feeling better today.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote