General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:57 AM   #1  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 193/193/133

Height: 5'3

Default Eating for life/Body for life

Is anyone out there doing this program? I started on Tuesday and so far I like it. I'm definitely eating more than I'm used to. Dh is doing it as well. The trainer said he needs to lose 40 pounds and I need to lose 24.
LilMamiBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #2  

I just started this plan on Monday! I have both books and I agree with you about the eating. I've never eaten this much on a "diet." That's what scares me a little. But it seems like a plan that I can enjoy eating with my husband and still adhere to. Plus, my husband likes the Body for Life Exercises. I've been kinda slack on the exercising, but I plan to do better. We also ordered the Core Secrets ball exercising plan. Hope it comes in soon.

My fav thing about this diet is the free day!!!

~leigh~
leighlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #3  
Mel

I did several BFL challenges before devising my own plan. It's a great way to get started on a comprehensive nutrition, weightlifting and cardio program.

Please, if you are going to eat that way, do the exercises! And don't forget the cardio. BFL works only if you do all three components of the plan. Also, if you have less that 30 pounds to lose, you might want to drop some of the starchy carbs from one or two meals and substitue a lot of vegies. Or do more cardio. As written, the plan has too much food for women, in particular starchy carbs. Take a look at Pamela Peeke's Body for Life for Women for more ideas about gender specific tweaks that work.

On another note, many of the BFL veterans all agree that "free day" was the worst thing that ever happened to them. For me, it brought back binge eating which I thought I'd conquered years ago. That's hard to stop once you start. You can undo any weightloss results from the whole week with one freeday very easily. Most people I know who've been successful with BFL limit their free day to a meal and a treat.

Please join us in the Ladies Who Lift Forum We have several members who are or who have done BFL.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree with Mel on the free day thing. I have trouble with binge eating as well, and cold very well undo a week of work with a full day of that. A free meal once a week works better for me as well.

I also agree with Mel, that you should check out the Body For Life for Women.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:57 PM   #5  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies
I am actually on day one of my second challenge...I regret to say I did not do the first one right so this time my hubby and I are doing it together and I am way more motivated to succeed. I eat this way most of the time so the food choices are not really a challenge, but the exercise is the area I will have to push through. I also had a bad frame of mind on the free days before so I am with you on treating yourself once a week and not pigging out. Hope to stay in touch with you ladies, I know having someone to talk too helps alot
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing
Its day 6 here and I am loving not being hungry...and the exercise...well it is getting better
Old 08-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

Anyone still on BFL??
Old 09-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #8  
Losing on the Beach

I am suprised to see this thread so slow to move, I see so many 3fatchick logos on the other body for life boards Hope everyone is doing well
Old 09-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

You might want to jump on over to the LWL part of the forum (Ladies Who Lift) it is a subcategory of the exercise forum. There are some BFL'ers over there.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #10  
Losing on the Beach

Thanks aphil
Old 09-12-2005, 01:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Ive been hearing so much about this Body for Life and Eating for Life thing I just wanted a little more information on it.
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:43 AM   #12  
Losing on the Beach

It is a program set up by Bill Phillips- It is a combination of eating six good carbs and protiens a day, as well as a series of weight training and cardio every other day with one free day a week to rest from being on the program all day, their website is bodyforlife.com and all the info is there in more detail I have both of his books for the program and they are both great, Hope that helps
Old 09-12-2005, 02:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Thanks so much.
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote