3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Merida #5---is anyone else out there???? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/6286-merida-5-anyone-else-out-there.html)

nikolas 06-10-2001 02:17 AM

Merida #5---is anyone else out there????

flames shooting up again so started #5

CeeCee glad Gus is better....hope he continues to do well

merida web site is www.merida.com

went to a graduation party last night---did fairly well with my food intake.....have another one tomorrow. Merida really helps.

Hope you all are doing well----keep posting

littlebear 06-10-2001 10:34 AM

Hi Everyone

Nicolas, that is so great 50 pounds is a lot to get off of the body frame. I am still hanging in there, I have had a little more in the sweet catagory this past week. Still need to cut back more I think. Plus I have tried to get in all the water I can. This is going on the 3 week for me on meridia. I just keep thinking that I did not put all this on overnight so I dont want to expect all of it to drop off overnight. So, I am working at it. But I do get hunger pains when I dont eat, I guess that is good or I would not eat at all. Hope everyone has a great day. Later

nikolas 06-10-2001 09:43 PM

little, I know how frustrating it can be taking off the weight. You have the right attitude in saying that we didn't put the weight on overnight.

I just try to stay off the scale and only get weighed every two weeks. It works for me but I know some others who feel that getting weighed every day keeps them on track.

Don't let yourself get too hungry cause then we all tend to overeat then. The one thing about changing the way we eat is that it is very hard in the beginning but does get easier. I used to eat all day long===little treats. Now I rarely eat in between meals and am usually not hungry. Nighttime is the hardest for me so I try to save something to eat for later on. I also come onto this board or the live chat---keeps my hands out of the fridge.

Have a good week.

littlebear 06-10-2001 09:53 PM

Nik, since you have done so well, tell me what you tend to eat through the day. I try and eat light stuff that is not fried or heavy with tons of sugar. Lots of light stuff. I do eat an ice cream sand. every now and then. So if you have any great ideas let me know. I am going out to Las Vegas the 19 and enjoy my birthday out there. I hope to hit big, but just want to get away and have fun. talk to you later and hope everyone else is doing great.

Frosty 06-12-2001 01:07 AM

Hang in there littlebear and have a great time for your birthday in LV:cool:

Nik - thanks for putting me on to chat - I have stopped in a couple of times now and really like it.

My eating has been pretty bad this week. I am not eating alot - its just that it is all bad stuff! :o

My sweetie is out of town on business and I just got lazy in the healthy eating dept.

The good news is I went to the gym tonite and felt pretty darn good about the reflection I saw in the mirror!!! This is the first time in a long... well a VERY long time!

I am down 8.5 pounds in 5 weeks and have 40 total...

CeeCee 06-13-2001 09:34 PM

Thanks Nickolas - actually Gus is a she. My soon-to-be nephew (six-years old), was very upset at any of the girl's names we were considering. He also did not like that the little plastic igloo doghouse (rathouse?) in her cage was pink. She is doing better.

I'm glad my doctor was satisfied with my weight loss. I didn't lose any weight last week, but considering I had weekend guests and we ate out a lot (including a barbecue joint), I'm impressed that I didn't gain.

If I remember that every ounce off is progress, I'll be ok. Even if I only lose a pound a week, I'll be at goal in four years. At first that sounded horrible to me, but without dieting and the Meridia, in four years I'll have lost nothing (and possibly have gained). Compairing 200 lbs in four years to 0 pounds in four years puts it in perspective.

nikolas 06-13-2001 10:39 PM

littlebear, unfortunatley I have no great ideas of what to eat. When I began I went out an bought a low fat cookbook and began to make dinner from that. I have the same thing every day for breakfast cheerios, with fruit and Smart Milk. Lunch varies--many times I take leftovers from night before's dinner, or tuna, or salad. Have fruit at lunch also. Hardly ever snack between meals thanks to the Merida. BUT at night I almost always have low fat ice cream with cool whip free Yum that's what keeps me going.

Frosty 40 lbs is awesome. The psychologist who heads our group always says that exercise is the most important thing and that if you have to fall off the wagon a bit it is better to do so with food than exercise. Think because exercise eventually becomes a habit. My goal is to eventually join a gym also. Right now it's just Richard and me. Glad you enjoy the chat. I did "see" you but didn't associate you with this board.

CeeCee, I knew doc would be fine with your weight loss. As my mom would say "You have a good head on your shoulders." You are so right when you say that as long as we're losing that's all that matters. It is a hard thing to get thru my thick head and that's why I'm so glad you mentioned it. If I wasn't losing, I would be gaining. We all want quick weight loss even though we did not gain it overnight.

Take care everyone and do come into the live chat room.

commit2it 06-17-2001 06:57 AM

Hi Everyone!

I went to the doctors Thurs. to get my first perscription renewed. It was that TOM in which I always gain 3lbs and immediately lose it when its over. So, my 9lb loss looked like 6lbs. I think he was not happy with my loss cus he said he is putting me on 15mg now. I felt 10mg was working just fine. After one day of being on the 15mg I already feel different. I don't think I needed to increase yet. I couldn't get to sleep last night. And then I could only sleep five hours. Very unlike me, esp on the weekends. So, I'll give it a couple of days and see what happens.

Hope you are all doing well.

Take Care,
Elle

CeeCee 06-18-2001 12:18 AM

commit2it - It's scary to think that your doctor wasn't satisfied with 6 lbs. If it was your first refill, that would still be 1 1/2 lbs per week. Maybe my doctor is more sympathetic because he's on the heavy side himself, and admits that he doesn't keep icecream in the house.

It's ironic that the relapse rate for weight loss, is higher than for alcohol, nicotine and even heroine. I don't think it's only a matter of food being impossible to avoid. There's so much emotion and judgement tied up in eating and being overweight. There was even a study in which most (I think between 60-75 %) college women interviewed said they would abort a fetus that would grow up to be overweight. And by kindergarten, children shown pictures of overweight children said the overweight children in the pictures were bad and wouldn't want to be their friend.

I just got home from a weekend with my family. It was my fault, but I let my mother pressure me into eating a lot more and a lot differently than I would have at home. She (and I through her) was raised in a food (or more precisely fat and sugar) equals love.
That I was not going to eat her meal (meat, potatoes, and vegetables all with added fat) was a rejection of her.

Did you ever notice that almost every woman's magazine has recipes AND diet/exercise articles (usually in roughly equal numbers)? Enough to drive you insane!

littlebear 06-18-2001 07:25 AM

Commit2it, I too, find that about 5 to 6 hours is all I get to sleep real good before I wake up like a bell went off. I am real tired when I go to bed and fall right to sleep, but dont get that 8 hours. I have 6 more pills to take for the first month on this and then I go back for the refill. We will see how I have done. I have not gotten on a scale yet so it will be either a oh well or yeah. Every one have a great week and do good. :dizzy:

commit2it 06-18-2001 11:03 AM

Hi Everyone-

CeeCee- I can understand that being overweight is hardest of addictions to overcome because we HAVE to eat. We cant just avoid it like smoking, drugs, etc. And I have experienced the stigmas of being overweight that you mentioned first hand(as I am sure have many). I was thin most of my life and in my mid twenties started gaining weight at about 10 to 15 lbs a year and here I am 10 years later with over 100lbs to lose. I have even had longtime girlfriends drop me as a friend now that I am fat. This experience has taught me so much, and has actually changed me for the better. Because basically "I " had to accept my as a fat person.

littlebear- are you on 15 mg also? I was getting normal sleep on 10mg. but now that has changed on 15mg...

Hope you are all doing well.

Take Care,
Elle

nikolas 06-18-2001 10:31 PM

Elle, I too agree with CeeCee. I think it is very strange that your doc was not satisfied with a 6 lb weight loss. I think that is very good. I am on a 10 mg. dosage and for now it seems to be ok for me. My doc did ask me if I thought I needed to increase the dosage.....I'm holding out till I really need it. I feel badly that you are not getting your sleep. Are you having any other side effects?

CeeCee isn't is amazing how are parents still have so much control over us. "Eat, eat and you'll feel better (or I'll feel better)" Hard to resist a parent telling us to eat. I have gone to six graduation and two confirmation parties in the past 6 weeks. Everyone encourages you to eat and eating is such a social thing. I have to say that I have only had small amounts of food at these gatherings. I just tell myself that I will have a "treat" when I get home (my frozen yogurt). Merida has helped me control my food thoughts.

My sleeping habits have changed also. I find that I can stay up later at night (but do pay for it in the morning). And with all the water I drink, I wake at least once a night sometimes two. I am not a happy person in the a.m.

I just take this food journey of mine day by day. I go to group once a week and check in on this bulletin board as much as I can. Take care everyone and have a great week

Frosty 06-20-2001 01:06 AM

Hi everyone

It would seem like my weight has plateaued a bit, but at least it is staying off.

Is anyone else experiencing the side effects of being :o constipated? Any suggestions?:?:
How embarrassing!!!:o

nikolas 06-20-2001 10:51 PM

same problem here frosty but I don't believe it is the Merida. I do not eat enough fiber or vegtables.

all you need in some xenical (which by the way you can take with Merida) and you will not have any problem lol

hope to see you on live chat.

AmyVictory 06-23-2001 12:23 AM

Meridia

I've been taking Meridia since the end of April and after eight weeks I've lost 16 pounds. I lost 18 the first month (I think I never had a day that I ate all 1500 calories that I was allowed to eat. I was afraid that I wouldn't lose weight!). The second month I settled down and ate more sensibly and also was on vacation for a month. I only weigh in at my doctor's check ups - once a month.

The only problems I've had are dry mouth and constipation. I just drink more water and every couple of days have some prunes for one of my fruits!

I feel like Meridia has been a God-send for me. It doesn't make me irritable or nervous. In fact the main thing that I notice is that I don't fixate on food. I still have hunger pains when it is time to eat (regular meal times) but I'm able to stop when I've satisfied that hunger. I don't feel depraved and actually don't feel like I'm "on a diet". I just feel like I'm able to eat the way my thin friends and relatives eat. Smaller amounts and not snacking all the time!

I've started exercising which is hard since my knees hurt (308 pounds was too much for them!). But it is getting easier every time.

I need to lose 150 pounds and I feel like I'm going to be able to do it this time. I also am not afraid that I'll gain it all back once I quit taking the drug. By then I'll be down to a size that I can be proud of and will be able to be more active...

If you have questions about Meridia, look up their website at www.4meridia.com The website has a place where you can sign up to get their info pack with contains a video and a prescription discount card (25% off the first 3 months and 50% off the next 3 months which is helpful since my regular price is $90 a month). No, I'm not an employee or a salesman...I just finally found something that helps.