General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #1  

Thumbs down New here, I failed the Reverse Diet

Has any done tried Tricia Cunninghams Reverse Diet Plan. I did along with a few others, it failed us. I feel like an idiot falling for yet another fad diet.

Hope that I can learn from you guys as well. Have a lot a weight to lose, so I'm ready to begin.
Al
Old 07-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #2  
Melissa

What is the reverse diet? How does it work? I guess I won't be trying that since it doesn't work.......lol.. but I'm curious to know what it is. Welcome to the boards.. I am new here too
Old 07-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #3  

http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/444...82&dppid=65192

I would never try a fad diet, they just don't work. The only thing that works is using more than you consume!!! However if eating breakkie at dinner time works for you, do it!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #4  
Melissa

Ohh that diet.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:55 PM   #5  

The group that I hooked up with basicaly has people that tells why that diet failed them. It's reversing your meals, promsing quick weight loss, and by eating Tofu, you can elimante loose skin. I think a lot of women are falling for that hype right now.
I got back on track though.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:06 PM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuqt
Ohh that diet.
That was my thought when I first heard about this 'diet'.

It doesn't have anything to do with a magical combination of food (sorry but I just can't see eating salmon or cod in the AM - I'm an egg and oatmeal person!) or eating five cloves of garlic daily (ugh)

All she did really was reduce her calorie intake - from what they list in the article, she ate lean protein, lots of veggies and complex carbs. No secret about it - if she personally preferred to eat dinner for breakfast and vice versa, I'm sure she's not alone - reminds me of some of the pre-competition bodybuilders' diets I've seen.

The basic theory "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper" which is NOT a new idea, is an apt way to sum this up IMO. (Example right off the top of my head - Oprah's "Make the Connection" and recent plan which includes having a goodsized breakfast and not eating after 7:30 pm).

I just read that she has a book coming out (no surprise) and has a whole business tied to this apparently...$$$$$$ To my eyes, she's following Fumento's (from his book Fat of the Land) weight-loss bestseller writer's formula:

• Be Fat.
  • Lose weight.
  • Pretend that having lost the fat you are now an expert in this area.
  • Come up with a gimmick that distinguishes your book slightly from previous diet books.
  • Intersperse a bunch of ancedotes from formerly fat people cured by your formula. Slap a slew of recipes or a fat-counter guide onto the back so your 15,000-word article now has the heft of at least a 75,000-word book.
  • Keep the weight off long enough for the book tour and the appearances on the Good Morning America and Today shows.
  • And - most important - don't forget to offer your readers something for nothing.
  • And whatever you do, don't tell people they have to eat less than they want to.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #7  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJim
That was my thought when I first heard about this 'diet'.

It doesn't have anything to do with a magical combination of food (sorry but I just can't see eating salmon or cod in the AM - I'm an egg and oatmeal person!) or eating five cloves of garlic daily (ugh)

All she did really was reduce her calorie intake - from what they list in the article, she ate lean protein, lots of veggies and complex carbs. No secret about it - if she personally preferred to eat dinner for breakfast and vice versa, I'm sure she's not alone - reminds me of some of the pre-competition bodybuilders' diets I've seen.

The basic theory "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper" which is NOT a new idea, is an apt way to sum this up IMO. (Example right off the top of my head - Oprah's "Make the Connection" and recent plan which includes having a goodsized breakfast and not eating after 7:30 pm).

I just read that she has a book coming out (no surprise) and has a whole business tied to this apparently...$$$$$$ To my eyes, she's following Fumento's (from his book Fat of the Land) weight-loss bestseller writer's formula:

• Be Fat.
  • Lose weight.
  • Pretend that having lost the fat you are now an expert in this area.
  • Come up with a gimmick that distinguishes your book slightly from previous diet books.
  • Intersperse a bunch of ancedotes from formerly fat people cured by your formula. Slap a slew of recipes or a fat-counter guide onto the back so your 15,000-word article now has the heft of at least a 75,000-word book.
  • Keep the weight off long enough for the book tour and the appearances on the Good Morning America and Today shows.
  • And - most important - don't forget to offer your readers something for nothing.
  • And whatever you do, don't tell people they have to eat less than they want to.

lol that's what I need to do, quit school and make up a BS diet and get rich
Closed Thread