General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 08:09 PM   #46  

I loved your website, Karen. My eyesight was a little fuzzy when I saw it (didn't have my glasses on)...... is it me, or does your husband resemble Christopher Reeve? Superman!!

Jennifer
Old 07-19-2001, 11:09 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I am still here - But nobody was really posting - so I have been over on the support thread mostly. I started counting calories again on June 18th and have lost 6 lbs. I still have a long way to go - but it feels really good eating right and exercising. I started lifting weights last weekend and have gone every other day since Saturday.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:14 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Post New but not so new . . .

I have been visiting this site off and on since the start of my 'lifestyle change' last March but I rarely post. I keep checking up on this string of posts so I figured I may as well introduce myself and maybe get involved a little more.
My name is Christine, and I'm 26. My highest weigt was 195 lbs but my official 'start weight' for my diet was 192. As of today I am down to 165 lbs and moving slooooooowly downward.
I have been counting calories from the beginning and I aim for under 1600 a day (although I'm beginning to think that is too much now that I've lost 27 lbs and thats why the weight loss is suddenly moving so slowly). It is my plan to drop to 1500 max and hopefully revitalize my progress!
Just hoping to get some motivational help because I'm getting to the point where many seem to fail .. when things start slowing down and you don't see the same progress you were! But I'm not willing to give up.. this time its for real and I will reach my goal, no matter how long it may take to get there!

Christine
192/165/130
Old 07-22-2001, 02:20 PM   #49  

Hi everyone!

Do you mind if I join your thread? I really want to lose some weight before I start college in September and I've found that counting calories is the only thing that really works for me. I'm currently at 181 lbs. (I'm 5'6") and I'd like to get to 170 or less before school starts.

I started doing the Zone four weeks ago and lost 6 lbs. the first two weeks but then gained 2.5 lbs. back over the last two weeks because I started cheating. I've been posting over on the Zone thread but I'd like to post here too because I'm going to be doing a combination of Zoning and counting calories. The Zone makes me feel good but I still need the control of tracking EVERY bite that goes in my mouth.

So I'm going to try to stick to around 1200 calories a day (this is a good level for me to lose weight because my metabolism is like a snail).

I'd love to get your support and hopefully some of your determination and motivation will rub off on me!

~Donna~
Old 07-22-2001, 07:58 PM   #50  

glad to see you here donnaK

I am trying for 1200 calories a day too. At 1400 I lose about 1 lb every 1-2 weeks, but I am greedy and want to lose faster, so I am dropping down to 1200 for awhile. I also recently started weight lifting. I have read all sorts of amazing things about it - like that you continue to burn calories for 90 minutes after you finish - that sounds good to me.

I have never tried the zone. I try to eat a balance diet that included carbs-protien-fiber etc... I don't plan that by meal, but by the day.
Old 07-27-2001, 10:36 AM   #51  

Thumbs up Fusterated

Up and down up and down. The last four weeks I either have gain a pound lost a pound the next week gain the same pound (1 lb) back then lose it.

I think I finely have plaaatued!
I lost around 30LB so far. Came from 257 LB to well around 230LB. My weight the past four weeks has been 229 one week, 230 the next week, 229 the follwing week 230 the next

I been keeping my calore count around 1,500 and an occassional 1,700. Tho over the spring time I kept it down aroun 1,200 1,300 so I guess I sent my body into shock, other then that. I was doing alot of walking in the spring time/early summer. but here lately its just been way to hot to go walking. Texas like an oven
But then again I have no excuse cause I could go swimming in my backyard but have not done that. but I figure keeping the calorie count way under 2,000 cal. would do. Oh well, bottom line is. Excersie is just to important! You really can't do with out it. Tho, I thought it would help a little keeping the calories down.
Old 07-27-2001, 08:14 PM   #52  

I am plateauing right there with you. Since 6/18 I have averaged 1697 calories a day and 359 burned exercising per day. It seems good. But I have only lost 4 lbs and 3 of those came off by 6/22. So really I have been dieting for a month and doing pretty well and I am totally stuck at the same few lbs. I am trying to lower my calories a bit (to between 1200 and 1400 (but not over) and am having the hardest time cutting out those last few calories. I am at 1322 today it is 5 pm and I am planning on going out tonight. That is going to mean water for me - not alcohol. And the thing is, I really like alcohol.

No I shouldn't be complaining too much. I averaged 1400 calories a day for 6 months and lost 50 lbs last year. I know if I can just get my calories down there again that I will be able to do it.
Old 07-29-2001, 12:21 PM   #53  

Ok, today I am starting yet again another calorie counting diet. I keep going on for a day and falling off for a month. Yikes.

Here it goes, I weigh 238 and I am 5'8". Today I am doing 1800 calories. I vary between 1600 all the way up to 2200. We shall see how it goes.

I also have fallen off the exercise wagon big time. So need to start that again too.

Will post more later,
Glad to find you guys.

CArmine
Old 07-31-2001, 09:14 AM   #54  

Hi fellow calorie counters,

I belong to a weight loss group called tops. In their book it tells you how many calories it takes to lose wt, but it is real strange that it is a different amount for those of us who have dieted before and lost wt. I will tell you what the book says: To maintain your wt if you have never dieted before requires 2200 calories a day, if you are obese now 3000 a day and when you lose your weight 1600 calories to maintain it. What a difference ugh? I am just wondering if the same applies to losing wt? If because we have dieted before that we won't lose on the normal amt of calories someone else can eat and lose. It sure seems to me that you should be able to lose wt without excessive exercising when you need to lose more than 20 pounds. I count calories myself and stay about 1400 to maintain my goal wt. I to go up and down a couple pounds in the month depending what time of the month it is. Just wondered if anyone else heard about this info. The title of the book is The Choice Is Yours, and it is based of the food exchange system, kinda like weight watchers. Have a good day everyone.

Daytona
Closed Thread